Anyone wants to do a Normal Raid?

Wednesday from 8.

@Blade

@

@

@

@

@

I'd be up for that, not sure if to bring my Titan (not done the raid with) or my Warlock (which needs drops for HM)

Lets do another HM raid, Tues 8pm!

Minimum light 300 and you must have some decent 310 weapons. Sorry, it can't be done without.

Me

@Sheikah

@Zell

@Daft

@Eddage

[space]

Yo! Keen for a run if I'm free. Think I am...

@MilaGi @Map @Agent Gibbs @Deathjam

Resume hard mode raid tomorroe from 8?

Whats everyone's thoughts on this. I think @Deathjam has raised the point that it's probably pointless that we continue until we have the better drops ready for HM. I'm reluctant to play on this for a whole evening if it is unlikely that we will get anywhere.

What do people think?

Also sign up to my normal raid on Wednesday.

Whats everyone's thoughts on this. I think Deathjam has raised the point that it's probably pointless that we continue until we have the better drops ready for HM. I'm reluctant to play on this for a whole evening if it is unlikely that we will get anywhere.

What do people think? @Blade@Deathjam@Map@MilaGi@Zell

Id be up to give it say 30 min, but if there no improvement i'd like to switch to doing a normal Raid (with Alts or whatever) see if we can get drops for our next attempt

I've done a normal run with my primary (Warlock) but i have got an Alt (Titan) that can go through and get drops, which even without swapping equipment is at 295 now - with my good weapons i should be close to if not 300

Either way i'll be online at 7:45 awaiting either a raid, or party chat where we can hit our tortoises

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Whats everyone's thoughts on this. I think @Deathjam has raised the point that it's probably pointless that we continue until we have the better drops ready for HM. I'm reluctant to play on this for a whole evening if it is unlikely that we will get anywhere.

What do people think?

I'm online now and would really like to do a normal run today instead of wasting time on hard mode. I mean it's not like we have exhausted everything we could get from normal.

I'm online now and would really like to do a normal run today instead of wasting time on hard mode. I mean it's not like we have exhausted everything we could get from normal.

Im not doing normal run today unfortunately as I have the one character.

We're no where near exhausting normal anyway, hence the suggestion of a raid on Wednesday.

Happy not to bother with HM tonight.

Well if we aren't going to do a normal raid I'd like to at least give it 30 minutes On the war priest, if we can get through it the drops will help

If I don't play I'll only end up watching Fairy Tail or some other anime, my alternative is X factor with the missus

I bought the Thriller dance emote. How could I not?

@Deathjam and I bought it too - simply had to be done!

@Zell @Blade @Agent Gibbs @Deathjam @Map

Was a good effort last night guys - nearly got the Warpriest down. Would have definitely managed it had Matt not been booted to the title screen! Cruel twist of fate!

We'll definitely get him next time - very confident of that happening. Here's hoping that RNG is in our favour and we all get some decent drops for the raid tomorrow.

@Deathjam and I bought it too - simply had to be done!

@Zell @Blade @Agent Gibbs @Deathjam @Map

Was a good effort last night guys - nearly got the Warpriest down. Would have definitely managed it had Matt not been booted to the title screen! Cruel twist of fate!

We'll definitely get him next time - very confident of that happening. Here's hoping that RNG is in our favour and we all get some decent drops for the raid tomorrow.

I'm trying to decide whether I should play as my Titan tomorrow or try a third time to get the warlock chest piece. Think we could do multiple normal runs?

Cool new Halloween event announced!

jpg

Dock at the freshly-decorated Tower and you'll be introduced to the Festival of the Lost, which lasts until 9th November.

You'll be sent off collecting candy from your various quest givers and get a couple of masks straight away, along with the means to earn more.

Wear a mask while defeating enemies and you will earn candy. Fill up your candy sack and return to the Tower and you can then trade in your bulging sack for more masks. Masks lack any stats, so combat is tougher with one equipped.

There are quests for completing specific activities while wearing appropriately-themed masks - looting engrams while dressed as the mischievous Cryptarch, for example, or leaping off of the Tower while dressed as raid boss Atheon (a nod to an infamous glitch).

Rare masks last until the end of the event, or you can turn them into permanent Legendary masks with a spot of Paper Glue, a material gained by dismantling masks you don't want.

Bungie has also added a new PVP map set on the Dreadnought, Cathedral of the Dusk, which will stay in rotation after the event ends.

There's plenty of time to gain all 16 mask designs - and upgrade them if you so choose. Alternatively, there are bags of Legendary masks available to buy via the Eververse shop for real-world money.

Three new Halloween-themed dances have also been added, including one that looks suspiciously like Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Logging on last night the event was a welcome surprise - especially compared to this time last year, when just a couple of spooky consumables were offered. It's another sign that, post-Taken King expansion, Bungie is willing to take itself a little less seriously and let players have more fun in its world.

This mini-update of new content is also a positive example of how Bungie can drip-feed new items, maps and quests for free over the next year while offering the option of paying for cosmetic items to fund the event. Reports have suggested that Bungie will not ask Destiny players to stump up any more money for new content until the franchise's next full retail release, expected in September 2016.

Finally, you can create some of the masks yourselves via a number of papercraft plans.

Creepy

crpyt.jpg

Cool new Halloween event announced!

I take it you weren't online last night. :heh:

I bought some packages before I actually knew what they were. Got a mask for Oryx, Atheon, Crota, Skolas, The Traveller, the Warden as well as an Exotic, Legendary and Blue Engram.

I cannot hold all these items.

Nope, didn't manage to play yesterday. Didn't see anyone mention it though!

Too busy playing it!

Nope, didn't manage to play yesterday. Didn't see anyone mention it though!

Yeah, I'm just kidding, I wouldn't even have been online if Drift hadn't messaged me about it. It's a very cool event. Nice that it just happened out of nowhere and not with any kind of daily/weekly reset. Keeps the game fresh.

I think my favourite bit is Banshee wearing a Cryptarch mask.

I know it's a lot to ask for but would be cool if there was something long term that we could get out of the event. Like a Festival of The Lost exotic weapon or something.

Lets do another HM raid, Tues 8pm!

Minimum light 300 and you must have some decent 310 weapons and know how the tower pigeon spawn works.

Me

@Sheikah

@Zell

@Daft

@Eddage

@Dan_Dare

Raid reminder for tonight. Anyone think they could make it on earlier? Specifically looking at @Sheikah and @Zell who get off work later than most.

Raid reminder for tonight. Anyone think they could make it on earlier? Specifically looking at @Sheikah and @Zell who get off work later than most.

I can start now if that's early enough? :p

I'm trying to decide whether I should play as my Titan tomorrow or try a third time to get the warlock chest piece. Think we could do multiple normal runs?

Multiple runs on the same night? if we can do it i'd be up for it, but @Blade doesn't have an Alt so it wouldn't be much fun for him re running it

Decided tonight isn't the best for me so gave my slot to @Drift_Kaiser

Happy hunting!

For people who didn't fully follow the strategy I was laying out last time we got to Oryx, this is what we're going to do, if we get there:

HM Mode Oryx Strategy

And if you fancy reading up, there's a lot more details about it, the how and why, and other perspectives:

@Daft @Sheikah @Zell @Eddage @DriftKaiser

No, but it still depends on our being a bit higher level tbh. Pray to RNGesus, we need to get rid of those red numbers before we have a shot, I reckon.

No, but it still depends on our being a bit higher level tbh. Pray to RNGesus, we need to get rid of those red numbers before we have a shot, I reckon.

Yeah, that's what I meant. We just need to be able to hit a little harder and take some more damage.

It's annoying that the only way to get to a high enough level to beat hard mode is with drops from the raid.