NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

I forgot how awesome the shooting mechanics are in this game.

Such a joy to shoot and kill.

Also...during a bit of patrol I encountered some Taken enemies...fuck they are strong...

Caught Daft just did this! That's me also qualified for the Raid. Apparently you need to infuse the legendary sword until it have 280 attack to start the Exotic Sword Quest.

I just got the exotic sword quest. Sooooon. 279 light so I'm raid ready.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

anyone having trouble getting online? i logged out and now its telling me the psn is down for maintenance

and now its just the destiny servers are down

Edited by Agent Gibbs

It's a little slower than normal.

Just reached level 40 and have a light of 214 (had a random Legendary drop in Crucible, and visited Xur for some guantlets). I do love the bug (is it a bug, i don't know), which allows you to basically replay all the old missions for more XP.

I've created a Warlock and done some of the old story missions...reached level 15 when I remembered there's a new subclass...so all the XP I've gained so far went into Voidwalker.

Nothing too bad, but I actually wanted to do the old missions for XP to level up Stormcaller. :blank:

Well, I used that special item to level up to 25, done the quests in order to gain the third subclass and will continue with the old story. : peace:

Oh, that first The Taken King mission was awesome.

New raid is absolutely outstanding. On to the first boss but there's a huge chunk even before that. Mechanics are fantastic. Super complex.

I got a sick fusion rifle too. It reloads when you switch it out for another weapon.

I must be missing something....aren't patrol missions supposed to give you materials as a reward?

Or did that have something to do with Grimoire cards?

I don't get materials for completing patrol missions...

I must be missing something....aren't patrol missions supposed to give you materials as a reward?

Or did that have something to do with Grimoire cards?

I don't get materials for completing patrol missions...

No, you just get faction experience. One of the daily bounties will be a reconnaissance mission for one of the planets, if you complete that you'll get some materials for said planet.

@Daft @Shorty @Map @DriftKaiser @Sheikah, what time are we getting back into the raid?

No, you just get faction experience. One of the daily bounties will be a reconnaissance mission for one of the planets, if you complete that you'll get some materials for said planet.

I see, thanks :) I thought patrol missions gave materials at one point in Destiny history.

Well, after 5 hours of non-stop-playing I should really eat something :D

That first mission on The Dreadnaught was everything I wanted in Destiny. Nicely paced, no waiting and killing in rooms to proceed, great sense of exploration.

Reached level 34 now. Can't wait to be level 40 and access all that awesome gear and reach a light level which gives me access to the Raid.

When I'm equipped well enough I will ask for some old-Raid action. : peace:

@Daft @Shorty @Map @DriftKaiser @Sheikah, what time are we getting back into the raid?

Let's aim for a 7pm start, everyone should've eaten and be ready by then.

What to do to all the old gear i have out leveled in Destiny? I am approaching level 30 but my vault is getting full!

Do i break them down? or can they be used for something? Some of the blues have unique functions. Got two purple items.

Just scrap them if they're lower defense than the ones you have now. Early on it's tempting to hang onto things just because they look different, but eventually you will realise they're ten a penny.

is there an easier way to get the flakes? 1 per chest is taking forever!

What do the keys do? I've picked up a Skyburner one, Agro something and Wyrm something

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Keys unlock chests and special events on patrol. They fit to some chests around the dreadnaught.

So last night I got the raid quest from Eris - not sure what opened it up - but it also started showing rank 5 faction rewards. You can cash Hadium Flakes for the rotten shard things that improve Oryx's loot drops in King's Fall. So even if you have your sword, keep gathering it when you can.

If I were to get into Destiny, should I get the first game or would it matter if I went straight to the Taken King?

@Eddagw @Shorty @Map @DriftKaiser @Sheikah, I cracked and watched Datto's video of the but we're stuck on... Yeah, that's one complicated mother fucked of a boss. I recommend everyone have a look at the but we're trying to do. We were on the right lines... Just needed to be what we did times three.

Up for giving it another go this morning if everyone else is around.

If I were to get into Destiny, should I get the first game or would it matter if I went straight to the Taken King?

You should buy the The Taken King Legendary Edition which includes Destiny and its three expansions.

After you've created a character you can level him up to 25 with an item to acces The Taken King directly.

However, if you've never played Destiny I'd recommend playing through the entire story. You get to grips with the mechanics, understand loot and gear, level up your subclass of choice, etc.

Even though I've completed the "old" Destiny story a year ago, I've still enjoyed it with a new character I've created a couple of days ago. And it was actually great to understand some of the new things Destiny has introduced.

Edited by drahkon

@Eddagw @Shorty @Map @DriftKaiser @Sheikah, I cracked and watched Datto's video of the but we're stuck on... Yeah, that's one complicated mother fucked of a boss. I recommend everyone have a look at the but we're trying to do. We were on the right lines... Just needed to be what we did times three.

Up for giving it another go this morning if everyone else is around.

I can play from now until about 12:30, and then probably be back again at 4/4:30.

To be honest I don't think I'm gonna get chance to raid again before the reset. What's everyone's availability like next week?

I'm just going to go ahead and start a raid now for after the reset. If people complete it before then I'd appreciate your letting anyone who hasn't, try to figure out any puzzle/platforming sections at least. At this point I'm pretty happy to be guided through further boss fights.

But this time I'm gonna be fussy and say you need to be at least light 280, ideally 290+, and bring a sniper and machine gun if possible. Sorry, but if you're not, it just can't be done.

Kings Fall - Tuesday 22nd 8pm (tentative, could start earlier maybe)

Sheikah

Eddage

Zell

Map

Daft

DriftKaiser

Edited by Shorty

Reached Level 40 : peace:

Only at light 200, but will do some more quests and the strike playlist to gather better gear. Would it be possible to reach light level 280+ in a week? With maybe 2-3 hours of playtime per day?

If anybody wants to create a new character and go through the whole Destiny experience, let me know. I want to create a Hunter soon. :)

Edited by drahkon

To be honest I don't think I'm gonna get chance to raid again before the reset. What's everyone's availability like next week?

I'm just going to go ahead and start a raid now for after the reset. If people complete it before then I'd appreciate your letting anyone who hasn't, try to figure out any puzzle/platforming sections at least. At this point I'm pretty happy to be guided through further boss fights.

But this time I'm gonna be fussy and say you need to be at least light 280, ideally 290+, and bring a sniper and machine gun if possible. Sorry, but if you're not, it just can't be done.

Kings Fall - Tuesday 22nd 8pm (tentative, could start earlier maybe)

Me

<space>

<space>

<space>

<space>

<space>

I'm in, put me down for a spot. :)