NEurope
Dog-amoto

Destiny

Even with TTK, it's not going to be a farewell to the older raids (Crota, Vault of Glass). I'm up for doing them just for the giggles really.

I want to do normal CE, get a spare Black Hammer, so feel free to invite me along if anyone starts one.

“Destiny: The Taken King is officially the most downloaded game on day-one in PlayStation history and set a new benchmark for both total Destiny players and peak online concurrency on day-one, so it’s safe to say the Destiny franchise continues to gain momentum,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. “Along with our talented partners at Bungie, we cannot wait to watch the community continue to grow and tackle the King’s Fall Raid kicking off on Friday.”

The hype was real.

@Daft, I'm now 270+ so should hopefully be over 280 for the raid tomorrow night! Also, hit me up tomorrow for strike playlists/quests, I'll be on all day (again).

@DriftKaiser and I did some Heroic Strikes and I got a year 2, light level 290 Heart of the Praxic Fire from a legendary engram!

We may have to have completed a quest line before we can do the raid...

Edited by Eddage

I'm two attack away from start an Exotic Sword quest! The tier 3 for Court of Oryx requires you to have 300+ light level. Daft and me stumbled across someone tried to do that despite their light level are too low haha.

Beginning with a new character was a good choice.

Done two quests and there's a lot of new stuff already. Will ease into it.

The raid has been confirmed as light level 280.

I'm currently sitting at 251 with the whole of today to play. Hopefully I'll hit the target.

The raid has been confirmed as light level 280.

I'm currently sitting at 251 with the whole of today to play. Hopefully I'll hit the target.

Mine's on 211 or something like that so I'll be nowhere near haha!

Good luck to your raid team tonight :)

I don't think i'll reach 280 for raiding, i only just hit 200 last night. But, i did get the new arc powers (which are a lot of fun btw). So probably will sit out this weeks raiding, hopefully i hit it ready for next time. I've also been plodding along in the story, yet to get a decent new weapon (still rocking a scout/auto-combo from year 1). But i have heard that a quest i'm doing at the moment results in a year 2 exotic, so hopefully i'll have a new weapon soon.

Just reached level 39, will be level 40 this evening. Then the fun will really begin.

Alright what's the raid team situation? I'll be 260 today I think so I'm calling dibs on a spot for Sol :-)

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Legacy Engram - Heavy 31 Strange Coins (not a typo) < dont buy these btw! 170atk Y1 weapons.

An Insurmountable Skullfort - Titan Helmet 63 Strength 13 Strange Coins

Young Ahamkara's Spine - Hunter Gauntlets 32 Dis / 27 Str 13 Strange Coins

The Impossible Machines - Warlock Gauntlets 50 Strength 13 Strange Coins

Exotic Helmet Engram 19 Strange Coins

And a Three Of Coins for 7 SC: http://db.destinytracker.com/items/417308266-three-of-coins

No exotic weapons

Edited by Shorty

Least i can get my first piece(s) of Exotic armor. Have Bungie left it as 1 exotic armor piece and 1 weapon still?

That legacy engram is ridiculous at that price, although I did get an exotic I didn't manage to get in year 1 :heh:

A little disappointed with the lack of exotic weapon :/

Also, you get 5 Three of Coins at a time, so I'm guessing that's the limit for how much they stack.

Going to finish off the mission to get my first year 2 exotic weapon this evening, shouldn't take me too long. Along the way, i'll reach level 40. And hopefully by then, i'll get access to the higher level strikes. Pretty sick of only being able to do the easy ones, the ones with nothing good on loot drops.

Anyone not raiding or wants some help, feel free to join me. I'll be on from 8-9pm this evening until late.

You can definitely stack more than 5 Three of Coins.

Can someone please check if the trials inventory has reset?

Edited by Shorty

I'm getting the game tomorrow.

Anyone up helping out in a fireteam?

I'll be online tonight, made level 40 but i've only 199 light, seems you need 240 just to do the daily's weekly's etc

@Choze @Rummy this article looks good for beginners :)

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/09/17/tips-playing-destiny-taken-king

And regarding the raid:

[tweet]644616573219684352[/tweet]

Man, there is a lot of stuff to this game!!

I played from the beginning again on a Hunter last night - got to abouts where I did with my Titan but found it both a bit more boring, and harder too(couldn't do all the Cosmodrome patrol quest/find all the beacons that my mate somehow did) so I think this game definitely goes much better with other people. Felt like it was taking so much more time by myself.

Haven't touched the Crucible yet but will think about dipping in over the next few days.

For anyone noobing up or just generally bored - I'll likely be opening a chat party whenever I'm on; if I'm in a party and it isn't private feel free to jump in and say hello! It's just me and one mate on Destiny atm, but we'll be generally chatting up there. I'll happily join you guys when you're partying too if that's cool! Anyhow, think my mate and me are gonna carry on with some story stuff tonight about half 9(we're around level 9ish atm).

I'll be online tonight, made level 40 but i've only 199 light, seems you need 240 just to do the daily's weekly's etc

That would explain why i can't see them on my screen.

Yeah, thanks @Shorty

I'm hooked again :blank:

The old story missions are the same, but talking to NPCs to accept and complete other quests is a nice addition. And that quest menu is a godsend. : peace:

Don't you get materials from patrol missions anymore?

And those public events? No rewards?

Edited by drahkon

Don't you get materials from patrol missions anymore?

And those public events? No rewards?

You still get materials, but in greater quantity i've seen. Not sure on the old public events, but the newer ones with the Taken are pretty fun.

Just hit 281. I'm Raid ready.

Stack them until an exotic drops?

So you use one and if an exotic doesn't drop then you use another one for the next boss. Using more than one at a time doesn't seem to make a difference. I just tested the method I linked to and got two exotic engrams from 6 coins.