N-Europe

Worst. Cover. Ever!

Beast

I really don't think Stooshe's version of Waterfalls is that bad? I'm not a big fan of the original but the new one isn't too bad.

One cover, if you can call it that as it's a traditional song, that is awesome is 'O Holy Night' from Ladywell Primary School. They recorded it in memory of a boy who died recently who had been ill for a long time and had caught the attention of the nation. It was played on the radio this morning and I bought it instantly from iTunes. A really good charity song that everyone should buy. The money is going to a Meningitis research charity.

"Man you won't believe the most amazing things can come from some terrible lies" does not sound as good as "[...]some terrible nights".

Don't see why that's commonly confused. The album (and song title) is called Some Nights.

#nobodycaresbutme

I always thought it was terrible life.

Ok I take it we are going with studio versions here as oppose to live versions otherwise I'd be all over katie price's "whole new world"

I'm not sure what people expect from covers though. I believe the best covers do something new to the original song, like a re-imagining but some people hate the original song altered in anyway.

A bad cover to me is one that sounds extremely similar

One exception though.

Doesn't sound anything like the original and isn't very good.....

One of the worst covers has to be that random woman who sang "We Will Rock You" during the Olympic closing ceremony.

Jessie J (with Brian May and Roger Taylor)? That was the best bit of the closing ceremony. Of course, they'll never replace Freddie Mercury, but there's nothing that can be done about that.

Jessie J (with Brian May and Roger Taylor)? That was the best bit of the closing ceremony. Of course, they'll never replace Freddie Mercury, but there's nothing that can be done about that.

... pick any song from the closing ceremony...

- Jesse J - We Will Rock You

- Russell Brand - I am the Walrus / Pure imagination

- Ed Sheeran - Wish You Were Here

Reactionary Statement:

"It's like they went out there to murder British music"

Considered Statement:

"Those songs have a lot to live up to... no one was ever going to be satisfied with a cover"

Hell... Madness and The Pet Shop Boys couldn't even play their own songs!

(Side note.. the waterfalls cover... I wouldn't say it was bad, I'd agree with bland/prefer the original but not bad)

There's no way Stooshe's version of Waterfalls is a bad cover. I was around for the TLC original but I think Stooshe's version is even better.

That's two, one more and you're out.