NEurope
D_prOdigy

SEGA 3D Classics

3D Streets of Rage 2?!? :hehe:

That's another day 1 insta-buy right there! : peace:

Whaaat? I thought they weren't doing anymore! Great new s if this turns out to be true.

Apparently, Outrun 3D is out next Thursday in Europe..

B_VCIsEWkAAv_6P.jpg:large

Finally! :yay:

I need to get me some eShop credito. :hehe:

Out Run is just soooo good. :) A timeless classic. :love:

Loving all the additions/little details and of course the S3D in this version too. icon14.gif M2 did an amazing job with this. :bowdown:

Question is, do I really want to buy Ecco while it's on sale? Never really liked it previously. Going to pick up Space Harrier and Shinobi though.

Question is, do I really want to buy Ecco while it's on sale? Never really liked it previously. Going to pick up Space Harrier and Shinobi though.

I've just bought them ALL because you just know that these 3D Sega classics won't be on sale again, or at least not for Ages... ;)

Also I must say that Ecco is worth full price, as is every game in the range, aside from Altered Beast maybe... but I didn't mind paying £2 for it, I bought Fantasy Zone for full price which is fair seeing as it only recently came out. :)

3D Outrun is so good! It's... it's beautiful! ;_;

I bought them all too :) Gutting sonic and afterburner 2 aren't there though!

My intention was to buy Out Run this week. However, with the WayForward and Sega sales, I decided it would be better to buy Wii U copies of games I already owned. :laughing: With not enough money left for Out Run, I just had enough to snap up a Sega game I had been curious about - Galaxy Force II.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

When I saw the model of the cabinet, it became clear why I had never seen Galaxy Force II in real life - the thing was a beast! It's also clear why M2 have ported it as one of the 3D Sega games - Galaxy Force II represents some of Sega's best-ever technical work, with multi-layered sprites giving a full impression of 3D models. The stereoscopic 3D is also genuinely amazing.

It's interesting to see how Sega developed the gameplay of their Super Scaler games. Space Harrier was the earliest and simplest (of this type), with the player simply required to dodge and fire. Galaxy Force II was one of the last and more complex, involving depleting shields and multiple directions. In my opinion, it's Afterburner II that gets the balance best. Galaxy Force II is not my favourite Sega game, but it's certainly a spectacular one.

Now, with apologies to Out Run, I'll get round to you later. ;)

Right, so anyone with some knowledge of Ecco the Dolphin:

What am I supposed to do in The Lagoon?

Right, so anyone with some knowledge of Ecco the Dolphin:

What am I supposed to do in The Lagoon?

Isn't that the stage in which you've got to rescue the trapped dolphins and return them to their pod?

I think it's also one of those stages where you'll need to swim behind falling boulders to get past the strong upward currents.

Isn't that the stage in which you've got to rescue the trapped dolphins and return them to their pod?

I think it's also one of those stages where you'll need to swim behind falling boulders to get past the strong upward currents.

This is the stage after that with the sharks.

itshappening.gif

16953901709_3061a4b64b.jpg

17140089065_8cbdaf6744.jpg

17138515422_952bd2b2c2.jpg

Three more titles are incoming to the second batch of the SEGA 3D Classics exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS. Featuring some of the most iconic games from SEGA’s Genesis console, The SEGA 3D Classics Series will let fans relive SEGA’s legendary console era and take them on a 3D ride through gaming’s golden age with 3D Streets of Rage 2 in July, 3D Gunstar Heroes in August, and 3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 in September 2015. These games will follow the releases of 3D Fantasy Zone II (April 16, 2015) and 3D Thunder Blade (May 14, 2015).

http://blogs.sega.com/2015/04/14/segas-3d-classics-return-this-summer-with-sega-genesis-games-for-nintendo-3ds/

GUNSTAR HEROES!?!?!?!?!?!?

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!! :yay:

Sonic 2 is gonna look really great in S3D as well! (DOSE SPECIAL STAGES!!! DOSE RINGS FLYING IN YOUR FACE!!! :o )

Edited by Dcubed

Sonic 2, Streets of Rage II

AND

Gunstar Heroes!?! :hehe:

In 3D!

What a joyous day this has turned out to be.

:yay::yay::yay:

ah that's awesome news. I'll be getting Sor2 as soon as its out. I also would like to see what sonic 2's bonus stage looks like in 3D

sonic2.gif

Finally gonna get involved with the Sega 3D Classic games now that SOR2 has arrived. I've also bought Sonic as well. Why the hell not? :D

Finally gonna get involved with the Sega 3D Classic games now that SOR2 has arrived. I've also bought Sonic as well. Why the hell not? :D

Good man! I'm thinking of having a brawler-a-thon, with Streets of Rage 2, Final Fight 2, Final Fight 3 and maybe Final Fight One. I can't decide which version of the original game to buy - would prefer coin-op or Mega CD, but know that GBA is probably the best available to me right now.