NEurope
D_prOdigy

SEGA 3D Classics

People like Space Harrier don't they?

Xw2a4.jpg

Will be on eShop, and seems to kick off a Sega line of '3D Classics'. Steroscopic 3D + widescreen. Other re-releases being considered.

NsBQV.jpg

5oBPy.jpg

Yes indeedy! Was mentioned in the eshop thread. I'm glad this is based on the arcade version rather than the master system one. Looking forward to the possible appearance of Outrun and Afterburner.

Now I know this might be a touch far fetched, but imagine if they did some of the Model 1/2 games. Virtua fighter and Daytona would be fantastic in 3D!

Yes indeedy do I like Space Harrier (I did break the news here after all ;) )

Here's hoping that Galaxy Fight, Outrun and Afterburner are also getting the S3D treatment too! :D

Yes indeedy do I like Space Harrier (I did break the news here after all ;) )

BTW, should probably edit the main post to mention that it's not just Space Harrier that's coming; it's a whole 3D Classics series starting with Space Harrier 3D :D

You'll notice I don't need to do that.

You'll notice I don't need to do that.

Yeah, only spotted that after I had posted, don't ask how I missed it... (BTW you're quick on the mark there! Caught me before I could stop myself from looking like an idiot :blush: )

Don't think I'll be able to resist this one, for old time's sake! Same goes for OutRun and Afterburner. Actually, I remember having all three on a disc for Saturn called "Sega Ages". They were smooth as anything, so here's hoping for a solid 60fps!

Good call by @Lens of Truth for Model 1/2 games as well, which I don't think I'd be able to resist either. I would suggest Model 3, but I think that'd be pushing it for 3DS, unfortunately.

Overall, just very pleased to hear there will be more 3D Classics, by Sega as well as Nintendo (hopefully).

SPACE HARRIER MOTHER FUCKER! I'm wearing my Space Harrier hoody right now haha

Thing is, I never really liked the adaptations they made for consoles, it was the arcade version only that I liked. Because of that, I'm not sure if I'll get this seeing as it seems to be the Master System version.

Bit more info (hold onto your butts, this one's gonna be good!)

JPN release date: 12/26, Price: 600 yen.

Includes a "moving cabinet" mode that replicates being inside an arcade cabinet and makes the screen adjust to the player's movement (screens demonstrating this below). Also features environmental sound settings that were used in Space Harrier's cabinet, with a full equaliser setup. Supports d-pad, circlepad, and the touchscreen for controls. Harrier movement range has 3 stages to it that can be adjusted. B button set to rapid fire shot. Input 3 credits for consecutive play. Can select stages after playing them once. Includes a time trial mode where lives don't decrease for 60 seconds after starting. Supports savestates. Can save 1 replay, as well.

ybAIw.jpg

KMlPG.jpg

cDq4T.jpg

38XzD.jpg

s06.jpg

s05.jpg

s04.jpg

4 different aspect ratio settings (Original aspect ratio, 4:3 aspect ratio, full-screen, and cabinet mode with realistic tilting)

img_ss15.jpg

img_ss16.jpg

img_ss17.jpg

img_ss18.jpg

Talk about going all out! That rotating cabinet setup better also be used for Afterburner. No way will they waste that on one game only!

Wow, they've really gone above and beyond on this one! Sonic Racing Transformed has really got me in the mood for some old school Sega goodness. Love hearing the Space Harrier theme on Race of Ages.

Wow, surprisingly impressive but seriously, why couldn't they just use the arcade version? :shakehead

It's neither version, but rather an all new port from the ground up. It's the only way they'd be able to add 3D (since there's no way to get depth from emulating a 2D console game)

You can also notice this by the fact that the game's native aspect ratio isn't 4x3 like the SMS version...

Edited by Dcubed

You have a point, but I'll still be waiting to see some footage and some feedback from JP players regarding the performance before I put some money down on it.

You have a point, but I'll still be waiting to see some footage and some feedback from JP players regarding the performance before I put some money down on it.

Well here is the footage...

BTW, this port was done by M2 and not Arika like I had originally guessed. Wonder what Arika are up to ATM...

Well here is the footage...

WHAT THE FUCK. This looks like a completely different game from the screenshots, because this looks FUCKING AMAZING!

I'm presumably getting a Japanese 3DS XL some point soon, so maybe I'll get it for that console.

IGNORE MY INITIAL COMPLAINTS IN THIS THREAD. 3D Space Harrier is FUCKING AMAZING.

Bought it a week or so ago now and I love it. Me and some friends took turns playing it today during our class break, it's a pretty much perfect adaptation. Only noticed a bit of slow down for the twin head skeleton dragon boss, but I think the arcade version had the same problem.

Man, I'm really looking forward to this (and their future releases!)

Hurry up with the western version SEGA!

It'll be coming. If there's one thing I've learned, any thing that has its title translated for Street Pass transmissions with foreign country 3DS's eventually gets localised.

All you're waiting on is the settings menu to be translated, every thing else is in English.

It'll be coming. If there's one thing I've learned, any thing that has its title translated for Street Pass transmissions with foreign country 3DS's eventually gets localised.

All you're waiting on is the settings menu to be translated, every thing else is in English.

Of course it'll come. There hasn't been a single DD only title from SEGA that has remained Japan only yet and as you said, it's just a settings menu that need be translated.

It's just a matter of time...

IGNORE MY INITIAL COMPLAINTS IN THIS THREAD. 3D Space Harrier is FUCKING AMAZING.

Bought it a week or so ago now and I love it. Me and some friends took turns playing it today during our class break, it's a pretty much perfect adaptation. Only noticed a bit of slow down for the twin head skeleton dragon boss, but I think the arcade version had the same problem.

It looks fantastic but the big question is it better than putting on Shenmue and heading to the arcade to play space harrier lol

It looks fantastic but the big question is it better than putting on Shenmue and heading to the arcade to play space harrier lol

I'm not seeing Shenmue on a handheld just yet D:

This looks a lot like the version on Sega Ages on the Saturn, including the loading screen. Really excited to play this in 3D!

I hope they bring Galaxy Force II to the 3DS too, that would be ace :)