N-Europe

Need For Speed Most Wanted U

Hero-of-Time

I really can't wait for this! This and monster hunter on the same day!

Heard no words on how they are reappropriating the triggers, but I think journalists are playing the game this week on the wii. But by all the videos and such it's looking like a pretty definitive version. LOVED burnout. Really hope miiverse auto log is incredible, I have so many ideas on how it can be used and think it'll just be used in a really simple way.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only N4S game I think I played was Underground 2 as a £20 deal of the week when I was at Game. I kinda liked it, though what it did more for me was having a demo of Burnout 3, which I then got and fell in love with(along with Revenge on my original box and paradise) - the crashing about is just so much fun! My mate was telling me about this on the wii u though, and the previously posted Eurogamer article(quite a good read, see @Dcubed's posts a few up) and so I checked out the article. Which meant I checked out a video. Which meant this does look nice and a bit burnout-y with crash bonuses and I think it'll be a purchase for me on the Wii U too(if/when I get one). Will have to wait til it's gone closer to £20 or so though probs.

That game looks great. I'm a bit tempted but still unsure as I've never been a racer. If it was a Burnout game, I'd go outright.

The open world bit is what tempts me. I like open worlds where you're driving around. Love it in GTA, love it in Burnout Paradise

That game looks great. I'm a bit tempted but still unsure as I've never been a racer. If it was a Burnout game, I'd go outright.

The open world bit is what tempts me. I like open worlds where you're driving around. Love it in GTA, love it in Burnout Paradise

If it helps your decision at all, I spent over 1000 hours on Burnout Paradise, and around 15 on Most Wanted. The multiplayer just isn't as good (it's more the implementation than the quality - you can't just pick a single race, you can't create races, you can't pick a single challenge, you don't have other multiplayer modes that you can just turn on and various stuff like that).

If it helps your decision at all, I spent over 1000 hours on Burnout Paradise, and around 15 on Most Wanted. The multiplayer just isn't as good (it's more the implementation than the quality - you can't just pick a single race, you can't create races, you can't pick a single challenge, you don't have other multiplayer modes that you can just turn on and various stuff like that).

Thanks. Still considering it, never played Burnout too much online

I just dunno, part of it could be fuelled by me wanting to help a developer who actually put effort into a Wii U game

So how does multiplayer work?

I'm really looking forward to this game. Don't ruin it now :)

From what I can tell, up to 6 player online

Local has been stripped out though and replaced with the co-driver mode. Person plays with another controller, second player uses the GamePad to manipulate the area

So how does multiplayer work?

I'm really looking forward to this game. Don't ruin it now :)

It's free-roaming still. However, you have to select six events (from set events) and play through those. You get awarded points based on your position and driving and the person with the most points wins.

It works, it just lacks the freedom of Burnout Paradise, and the challenges (which was one of my favourite things about Paradise) really don't work in that kind of setting.

Hopefully it's something that has (will be) changed and they'll allow you (at some point) to just pick one event or challenge.

It's still a really good game, and probably a good choice for racing fans - I was just expecting it to be Burnout Paradise 2.

Will 6 rather than 8 make a big difference? Genuine question I haven't played it. It's a huge shame and very worrying.

But I'm very interested to see how they've implemented miiverse, nail that it could be great!

I dont really buy racers for the single player anymore as I get bored with them easily so to me I'd take the 8 players over the 6 online. I'd probably get the PS3 version at that seems to have 12 online according to the PSN site. I'll have to check somewhere else.