NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Need For Speed Most Wanted U

This has been rumoured for a while now, with various retailers listing it, but now it looks like we may have concrete evidence that it is coming to the Wii U. Nintendo gave a list of game releases and it features on said list.

IXjDl.png

Edited by Retro_Link

Nintendo dun-goofed. I take it by everyone's silence on the matter that it wont make it for launch day then...

I am absolutely desperate for this to come out onthewiiu.i really don't want to buy it on the ps3. Though waiting til next yer wouldn't be appealing. All the social stuff sounds amazing and almost the exact philosophy of miiverse.

All the social stuff sounds amazing and almost the exact philosophy of miiverse.
And thus will be missing from the Wii U version. :p

I'd like to get this on the Wii U over the PS3 preferably, but seeing as I'm not getting the Wii U at launch, if it isn't a launch title it won't really bother me.

If however, when the Wii U version does come out the PS3 version can be found for under £20, well the Wii U version had better have some additional content/free DLC or something.

They should put the Blue Falcon in this game! :D

Why is it only in the Europe section? Unless I'm missing something.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the "catch" is with this one. We should run some kind of sweepstake to see what modes have been taken out, or what key features that exist in the other versions that won't be coming here.

Cynical, I know. But, also expected.

Why is it expected? Assassins Creed, Batman, Darksiders 2, Balck Ops 2 don't have features missing (Elite doesn't count)

Will it come with a new controller?

I cannot properly describe how concerned I am about how car racing games will be controlled on the Wii U without analogue shoulder buttons.

I use a Logitech G27 on my PS3, but the majority use the standard controller.

(But, I do not concider these kinds of games proper car racing. They are... something else. Not sure what. Burnout Paradise was easier to control with the DualShock 3 than the G27.)

Edited by are1981

Hmmm, analogue trigger, really couldn't care, I hate racing sims and ideally my philosophy on racing games is if I have to brake I don't want to play it :)

Why is it expected? Assassins Creed, Batman, Darksiders 2, Balck Ops 2 don't have features missing (Elite doesn't count)

It's expected because it's EA (not Ubisoft, WB, THQ or Activision), and all of their other games releasing on the WiiU are gimped. Fifa13 is the 2012 engine with lacking features, Madden has the same issues (only magnified and worse), and we all know Mass Effects problems.

It's expected because it's EA (not Ubisoft, WB, THQ or Activision), and all of their other games releasing on the WiiU are gimped. Fifa13 is the 2012 engine with lacking features, Madden has the same issues (only magnified and worse), and we all know Mass Effects problems.

Fifa 13 is BASED on Fifa 12, and yeah some missing modes, but it also adds loads of good features. And although the trilogy issue is disgusting, again, the best mass effect will be on the Wii U; it's not as if everything's being gimped in the slightest.

Hmmm, analogue trigger, really couldn't care, I hate racing sims and ideally my philosophy on racing games is if I have to brake I don't want to play it :)

I'm exactly the same in terms of racing games. However, some "arcadey" ones like Burnout Paradise and Most Wanted still benefit a lot from analogue triggers.

Edited by Cube

I'm exactly the game in terms of racing games. However, some "arcadey" ones like Burnout Paradise and Most Wanted still benefit a lot from analogue triggers.

I can't remember consciously using it playing Burnout, but maybe I did and it was just intuitive, but I can't imagine it making that much of a difference, but doesn't just taking your finger off accelerator a little have the same effect? It's not that sim-y!

Yeah I don't really see the huge importance/benefit of having analogue triggers for racing games.

I mean I played and loved Burnout 2 on the Gamecube without them, with A to accelerate and B to brake and I never once thought about an alternative (not sure if there was at the time). Everyone seemed to get along fine before them.

I tried analogue triggers on the F1 2012 demo on the PS3 (my first experience of a racing game with them), and I'm not fully convinced I'd rather have it that way.

I mean I played and loved Burnout 2 on the Gamecube without them, with A to accelerate and B to brake and I never once thought about an alternative (not sure if there was at the time). Everyone seemed to get along fine before them.

I used the analogue shoulder buttons in Burnout 1.

A swedish game listed Battlefield 3 to be in the Launch Lineup. Hope it's true and hope there'll be some exclusive guns. And if there are exclusive guns, I pray that one of them is the AK5 or the Kpist.

Yeah I don't really see the huge importance/benefit of having analogue triggers for racing games.

I tried analogue triggers on the F1 2012 demo on the PS3 (my first experience of a racing game with them), and I'm not fully convinced I'd rather have it that way.

I'm assuming you played with full driving assists on? If you play with no traction control or ABS assists analogue control is essential, otherwise you will just spin the car every time you try to accelerate. The lack of analogue triggers is the only worry for me with the gamepad unless the system can support existing USB wheels.

If you play a more serious racing game, you can't manage without.

In Forza, I usually upgrade my cars as much as possible. When I drive the Koenigsegg, I can't mash the accelerator to the bottom until I'm on a straight, at speeds of over 250 km/h, otherwise the car spins its wheels into an uncontrollable spin. Even if I just upgrade the Toyota GT-86, I still can't mash the gas into the bottom until the higher gears.

The analogue breaks are necessary as well, as the cars understeer like pigs if you mash the brake button into the ground.

Gran Turismo behaved like a complete pig on the original Playstation. I never managed to drive high powered RWD cars, as they'd allways spin out on acceleration and allways go straight forward on decelerations.

Analogue triggers have been the standard since the Dreamcast days, and I thought Sony were complete morons for not putting analogue triggers on the PS2 controller. It was excusable on the Wii, but now it's just completely stupid.

If you play a more serious racing game, you can't manage without.

In Forza, I usually upgrade my cars as much as possible. When I drive the Koenigsegg, I can't mash the accelerator to the bottom until I'm on a straight, at speeds of over 250 km/h, otherwise the car spins its wheels into an uncontrollable spin. Even if I just upgrade the Toyota GT-86, I still can't mash the gas into the bottom until the higher gears.

The analogue breaks are necessary as well, as the cars understeer like pigs if you mash the brake button into the ground.

Gran Turismo behaved like a complete pig on the original Playstation. I never managed to drive high powered RWD cars, as they'd allways spin out on acceleration and allways go straight forward on decelerations.

Analogue triggers have been the standard since the Dreamcast days, and I thought Sony were complete morons for not putting analogue triggers on the PS2 controller. It was excusable on the Wii, but now it's just completely stupid.

This post is just the exact oppositie to my tastes. Ever since v rally on the playstation... The idea of spinning out of control because your going too fast, just bizarre to me how these games are popular.

This post is just the exact oppositie to my tastes. Ever since v rally on the playstation... The idea of spinning out of control because your going too fast, just bizarre to me how these games are popular.

I don't find it strange in the slightest. If you're a real car nut, you want real cars. But unfortunately, I can't afford to buy, own and race the 50 cars I want to own. Espescially considering how my dream garage contains the likes of the Koenigsegg Agera (12 000 000 SEK just on its own), Ferrari Testarossa and Lamborghini Countach. Nor am I able to afford to put these cars on a plane to Germany because I feel like going round the Nurburgring. I absolutely can't afford to then put them on the plane and send them to America, because I want to go round Laguna Seca the next day. It's just a fantasy so far out of my grasp that I'm 99,9999999999% sure it'll never ever happen. So instead, I buy a 500 SEK game for my console which lets me feel like I'm doing just that.

I don't find it strange in the slightest. If you're a real car nut, you want real cars. But unfortunately, I can't afford to buy, own and race the 50 cars I want to own. Espescially considering how my dream garage contains the likes of the Koenigsegg Agera (12 000 000 SEK just on its own), Ferrari Testarossa and Lamborghini Countach. Nor am I able to afford to put these cars on a plane to Germany because I feel like going round the Nurburgring. I absolutely can't afford to then put them on the plane and send them to America, because I want to go round Laguna Seca the next day. It's just a fantasy so far out of my grasp that I'm 99,9999999999% sure it'll never ever happen. So instead, I buy a 500 SEK game for my console which lets me feel like I'm doing just that.

Absolutely fair enough. And a lot of people agree clearly as they're stupidly popular.

Back to this though, still don't think it's needed in the slightest. But the whole issue is still a massive over sight. But the nintendo a,ways have to have something missing.

But the nintendo a,ways have to have something missing.

Maybe a third party will release a steering wheel with analogue pedals where the Game Pad sits in the middle of the wheel. You get the tilting of the GAme Pad to control the steering, the proper analogue foot pedals, and the telemetry, etc, shown on the 2nd screen. Should be good.

Maybe a third party will release a steering wheel with analogue pedals where the Game Pad sits in the middle of the wheel. You get the tilting of the GAme Pad to control the steering, the proper analogue foot pedals, and the telemetry, etc, shown on the 2nd screen. Should be good.

Or they couldve just put analogue triggers in the pad so people didn't have to spend £70 on a wheel...

Personally I don't care as I've said above, but I still think it's an over sight. Why create reasons to put people off buying your machine?

This has been confirmed now it IS coming out - great news.

Bt 2013 - boo! Must've made the decision late. Hope there is extra inventive - dlc etc. though if its anything like burnout having the map there all the time will be a brilliant feature, seeing ll the records and such on the screen. Coud be amazing actually. Really can't wait for this.