N-Europe

Nintendo Direct 25th October...TODAY!

Showing off EX Troopers multiplayer. They only specified 'communications', so I think it's best to assume this is local only.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon time. I'll probably zone out for a bit, not interested.

EDIT: It's also best to state that I'm still not very strong on my Japanese, so apologies in advance for any mistranslations. As far as I'm concerned, this should all be correct.

Edited by Debug Mode
Automerged Doublepost

Did they say when this will be available?

I completely missed it, sorry dude. Though I imagine it'll be available soon now that third parties are interested in having digital versions of their games.

EDIT: Quickly browsing through the Japanese tweets regarding the issue, there is supposedly a limit of the transfer of save data (no biggie I guess). Not sure if I'm reading the context of some of these tweets right, but it seems to be 'from here on', indicating straight after the conference.

Gotta say, I'm quite surprised how good the 3D models look for Layton vs Phoenix Wright

Edited by Debug Mode

Download versions will now be available from midnight on the day of release, starting from Animal Crossing.

Great step in the right direction. Hopefully the same philosophy will be applied to Wii U games. Also hoping we see automatic downloads of games you've pre-ordered so that it's ready and waiting when you get up:bowdown:

New Inazuma 11 game footage. The most bat shit insane RPG I've seen since Charles Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden.

Level 5's Fantasy Life. Looks like the spiritual successor to Dragon Quest 9, which is no surprise really! Looks fun as hell

Oooh now this is a surprise, a music service has been announced for the 3DS. Looks kind of like Spotify, but it's supposedly a shop that will allow you to play songs from your pre-existing account on your 3DS.

Wii U Dragon Quest X version being talked about

Not that it matters much to people here, but they seem to be talking about content updates for X right now. Level Cap, new items, new boss monsters etc

HA, that footage has got to be from the regular Wii version, the frame rate is pitiful.

Okay, Wii U footage. Looks fucking beautiful. You can of course play with Wii players too

You can also play from the Wii U gamepad.

Can alternatively use the gamepad as the keyboard for the game

Can transfer save data from Wii to Wii U. Is that really a feature for a fucking MMO?

BUYING THE PREMIUM WII U SET WILL GET YOU IN THE WII U VERSION BETA TEST.

Beta test from Feb 2013

Full release expected in Spring

Monster Hunter Tri G HD next

Edited by Debug Mode
Automerged Doublepost

Wii U gamepad being used as a quick menu of sorts. Quick maps, items, status etc

If I caught that correctly, you can play Tri G HD from the gamepad too using the pro controller. The Wii U pad was being held by a stand, first time I've seen a stand for it..

A long winded save data transfer explanation..

HD version online play is free

Download quests announced, god knows whether or not it's free

Regular Tri G 3DS version gets a price cut 15th of November.

Wii U premium set announced including pro controller and the game announced for December 8th.

It's also worth mentioning that the price cut puts the game down to 3,800 yen. This is just under £30, so good luck trying to spike sales again for that particular version Capcom ¬__¬

GAME CENTER CX THEME

HELL YES! I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW!

For any one who hasn't watched Game Center CX, Youtube it when you're next free. It involves a middle aged man named Arino being challenged with retro games and must complete them or do it within a limit. It's really entertaining stuff

The main presentation is over by the way. I hope I did a good job translating things as they come and once again, apologies in advance for any errors.

Edited by Debug Mode
Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the translations @Debug Mode. :bowdown:

Did I really see that there is cross-compatibility between Animal Crossing and Style Savvy!? :heh: Or was that something else? ::shrug:

Absolutely no problem, I was doing it in my head any way for practice so I figured I'd share the love.

Yeah, it was a cross-compatibility of sorts, but I think it may just be a tie-in with the new Dream World feature that they mentioned. They showcased the Nintendo world and the Girls Mode tie-in was mentioned shortly afterwards, so I just presumed it was going to be another Dream World because I couldn't understand the specifics.

Either way, the grasp of it was that a character from Girls Mode will be in Animal Crossing through some method, and she's a cow (Which made me laugh)

Crossovers in some of the shirts. An Animal Crossing one available in Style Savvy and a Style Savvy one availabe in Animal Crossing

Oh so it was simply shirts?

I wonder if this will be standard in the game or relies on the presence of a bit of data saved to the SD card..

Rather shocked at the lack of WiiU acknowledgement today. There's, what, 2-3 weeks left for another ND? They're either resting on their laurels because of the launch sell through or still scrambling to finalise things. I suppose it won't be too much of an issue if we have half-baked features on day 1.. I believe they've hinted at this already. They don't want to "overwhelm the consumer". :blank:

When and where is the US show?

It was this afternoon.