N-Europe

The Red Dwarf Mafia

Jimbob

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Magnus is still apparently suspicious? Despite a full roleclaim/target reveal, which I can certainly confirm the role of(though whether I'm to be trusted can call that into question); I just feel that this is all rather circumstantial against Magnus who, unlike a lot of people, has actually given quite a bit of information - mostly without resistance too. This is a stinky lynch as far as I'm concerned, and absolutely refuse to partake.

I see you did mention your suspicions of the navigation officer having controlled you earlier. I'm still a bit curious why, if you suspected that, you initially didn't want to reveal who it was, but I'm putting that down to you being new at mafia games.

It all just leaves a bunch of circumstantial evidence against you, which I'm uncertain what to do with. On one hand you give off innocent vibes, but on the other hand I have this nagging suspicion that you're just a natural talent at mafia games.

@Rummy: I'm just going to point out that when you're a suspect, you naturally have to answer more questions. That he has revealed more info than most does in no way point to him being innocent. It doesn't point towards him being mafia, either. In fact it's completely irrelevant.

I send people alignment info. I don't know what the person recieves but I am notified that it has been successful.

Both youand mr-paul should've recieved some info on Magnus and Rummy something about Jonnas.

Are you the envelope man? Can you explain my N1 message about the good guy?

also I will be uncharacteristically absent through the game as I'm doing NaNoWriMo, but I will play mafia in bursts, enough to at least do something useful for each day phase

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane not at present and no

Actually my question was aimed at mr-paul, you simply got in the way. :heh: But thanks for the answer. :)

So the info I received was the chef is a good guy really, and he's very, very sorry.

Interpret that as you will. I'm not sure if that means he is good or evil, really.

So the info floating around about the chef (Magnus) being untrustworthy was wrong? Because if so, and if you received info that he's a good guy and very, very sorry, I'd say that supports the theory that he was controlled to kill.

Dannyboy, I have no dealings with Magnus apart from that message I received. The chef and the toaster are separate, which I didn't realise, hence why I was getting confused. My target before was the toaster, and I am bloody glad I haven't outed them yet.

I know because I targeted the chef on the second night. I know this from the write up and my PMs.

To the chef, I'll give you a chance to come out and make things clear before I out you.

Why are you "very, very sorry"?

If it's not Magnus then who?

Magnus it's pretty obvious why you avoided telling us you were the chef, which is why I'm pretty surprised you just told us at all. The way you're behaving is pretty town, and I like to think I'm a good judge of character.

Now we know you're the cook though there's more to link you to Jonas;

With that said and done, the crew were shocked and heads began turning. A cookbook entitled "Danish Cooking for Advanced cooks" was found on Todd once his body was recovered by a Blue Midget.

@Animal speak up, you're being pretty quiet.

Okay... so it seems to me we have some confilicting evidence about Magnus. My only concern with this 'he was controlled and forced to kill' thing is that we haven't seen it used since. Why would the mafia not use that every night? It seems like an incredibly useful power that basically makes them completely blameless. The fact that only one person is claiming it's happened worries me a little, and it feels like an easy way out if you see what I mean.

I'm not sure what to think about these notes. If EEVIL is meant to send alignment information to people, why are they getting these coded messages?

As for the toaster/chef confusion, do you know something about the toaster mr-paul? Offering breaded products is a strange power to have. Perhaps there's a player the toaster needs to offer toast to, or something, like maybe someone's role PM says they have to eat toast at least once or something. Does anyone's character want toast, bagels or anything similar?

So ... basically there is info floating around simultaneously claiming that the chef is a good guy and that he's untrustworthy?

Well, Magnus is the chef. Two notes were sent about him. One said "Watch out for the chef, people aren't always what they seem", and another said "The chef is a good man and very, very sorry" or something similar. Separately, mr-paul found something out about the toaster.

...I think that's all correct, anyway

I suggested that I might have been controlled, yes. My PM said I blacked out but I was spotted at the scene of the crime by apparently two people. Since this is my first game - and boy! what a game - I don't know the extent of people's power; especially since this is space. ...Space is crazy.

I know you claimed that, I'm just saying I think it's a bit of an easy way out for explaining why you were at the scene of a crime. And seeing as we haven't seen it used before or since I'm not just blindly believing it.

Well, Magnus is the chef. Two notes were sent about him. One said "Watch out for the chef, people aren't always what they seem", and another said "The chef is a good man and very, very sorry" or something similar. Separately, mr-paul found something out about the toaster.

...I think that's all correct, anyway

Yeah, that's what I gathered. And it does nothing but complicate matters.