NEurope
Yvonne

The Wire Season 1 Mafia

I doubt there'll be two people of the same alignment of double-votes, but even so I was just mentioning it as I noticed it; I don't think it's something worth pursuing right now.

At work right now, more detailed contribution coming later.

I'm no double voter by the way.

True, I just wouldn't want to assume. We don't want to lynch two people based on their double-votes, only to find they were both townies. But yes, it's something we should pursue later.

I'm no double voter either, but I realise I didn't vote yesterday, so the ones you are looking for are definitely not me!

Worth keeping an eye on, like Dohnut says. Gonna crack on with seeing if I can get anything from this phone number stuff. Is there really no other info?

Apologies for my absence, just got back from Birmingham an hour ago. I'll have a read through the thread and see whats what and catch-up on the game. Like a few others, i'm not hot on the wire.

The day ended yesterday without everyone needing to vote.. I for instance didn't vote.

My point being.. if you knew you had a double vote you'd have to be a slight R-tard to reveal it unnecessarily on the first day.

2 people having done this strikes me as odd.

Maybe the people are unaware of their double vote?

Maybe the double vote moves between players?

Maybe we just have 2 R-tards?

::shrug:

My point being.. if you knew you had a double vote you'd have to be a slight R-tard to reveal it unnecessarily on the first day.

2 people having done this strikes me as odd.

lol, succinct analysis. I agree, it's odd that you'd vote on D1 if you knew you had a double vote. I didn't vote at all in the last DIY Mafia until I had to when I had a double vote.

We can also be fairly sure that people here who voted no lynch who are saying they don't have a double vote probably don't. They'd be found to be liars later at some point.

Couldn't it simply be a triple voter?

This is a potentially good point! Anyhow, I don't believe it something worth focusing on. How comes we don't have anything else to talk about?

It could be possible that someone doesn't know that they have a double. Shame we didn't have any pre-end of day vote breakdown to see what stage of the day the votes came.

Grunch appears to have been an investigator of some kind, shame the write-up hasn't given us any more detail as it would help rule out any false roleclaims. Some people haven't posted yet, so hopefully they will have something when they get round to coming on.

I've explained what happened to me. I believe that knowing who I couldn't reach wouldn't really help anyone at this stage.

You didn't vote yesterday though :p Let's hear more from @Jon Dedede @Marcamillian

Hey, it's day 2. And page 3. You're a bit too eager to smoke out "low posters".

And I have already posted. That's really all I have to say right now. I read the thread.

lol @Rummy tagging the 10 lowest posters of 16 other players on the first day XD But yeah I don't have much to say right now and I have given my thoughts on the phone number, I automerged etc so it should have been more than 1 post.

I think Jonnas could be right about the triple vote too.

410-844-4293 is the code then? As in it could mean the police are on their way? (I know it's not that but for example) Seems a bit short for that, how was it deciphered in the show? Call: 410-844-4293 (and yes I will do this for every phone number just in case, come at me)

Just googled that number just in case, but nope, no leads from that, except that it is a genuine Baltimore number, of the Maryland State Youth Soccer Association. Just in case, as I haven't watched it, that hasn't featured in a show storyline ever, has it?

Just googled that number just in case, but nope, no leads from that, except that it is a genuine Baltimore number, of the Maryland State Youth Soccer Association. Just in case, as I haven't watched it, that hasn't featured in a show storyline ever, has it?

Hmm... This is exactly the sort of thing that could be an honest-to-god clue in any other game, but I can't for the life of me figure out if it could have any relevance here.

@Rummy what else do you want to know? I've already said what happened to me last night.

I'm also not aware of having a double vote but vote: Rummy just to see.

Hey, it's day 2. And page 3. You're a bit too eager to smoke out "low posters".

And I have already posted. That's really all I have to say right now. I read the thread.

lol @Rummy tagging the 10 lowest posters of 16 other players on the first day XD But yeah I don't have much to say right now and I have given my thoughts on the phone number, I automerged etc so it should have been more than 1 post.

I think Jonnas could be right about the triple vote too.

410-844-4293 is the code then? As in it could mean the police are on their way? (I know it's not that but for example) Seems a bit short for that, how was it deciphered in the show? Call: 410-844-4293 (and yes I will do this for every phone number just in case, come at me)

I'm just eager to actually hear people talk - most people who've posted have said they have nothing. Day 2, everyone should have said something imo - silence is the tactic of the mafia - mafia who don't talk on phones!

Heroic, I already said, the code in the series is to jump the 5; for 5 or 0 they swap with each other. so 1-9, 2-8, 3-7, 4-6, 5-0. They use 911 to indicate emergencies, though that's usually gang business; I can't recall what they use for police - it doesn't often happen like that.

Although at least it was a little funnier, I suppose. Especially as it wasn't correct!

Urgh thought that was going to automerge, sorry. Now I'm posting pointlessly :-/

Right, okay, so none-pointless post. You're trying to call the number, but didn't jayseven say something about paging? Why not try Page: 410-844-4293