NEurope
Yvonne

The Wire Season 1 Mafia

So the code doesn't correspond to any letters at all? Just other numbers? If so, it doesn't seem as worth deciphering unless we have a character who finds out people's numbers.

silence is the tactic of the mafia

This is the reason why I always suspect the chatty ones ;)

So the code doesn't correspond to any letters at all? Just other numbers? If so, it doesn't seem as worth deciphering unless we have a character who finds out people's numbers.

That's what I've been saying - why would the number just randomly appear after the write-up? It must be someone's power. However, until they come forward to reveal what it all means there's not that much point wasting time on it I don't think. We've tried calling and paging it with apparently no success. I say we just leave it be for now, until the player who has done it comes forward. Otherwise we're just getting distracted from finding mafia.

So, anyone got anything aside from the number thing? Any information on this untargetable player, for example? I personally have nothing from last night whatsoever, although this wasn't unexpected.

This is the reason why I always suspect the chatty ones ;)

It's basically impossible to win in this situation. You don't talk - someone suspects you to be mafia. You talk too much? Someone else suspects you to be mafia.

Maybe we should actually be looking at the people sitting in the middle of the 'most posts' count :heh:

Well Sheikah is still alive, which means Nintendohnut can't be mafia this time, otherwise he would've been killed off first :p

I think we should hear more about what Cube was saying earlier, but seems unwilling to reveal, as it appears to be the only thing that happened last night!

Dohnut was also not killed off so guess I can't be Mafia too right? :p

I had a very uneventful night, not even reaching my target. Seems a lot of people didn't reach their target or were unsuccessful for one reason or another.

I'm just eager to actually hear people talk - most people who've posted have said they have nothing. Day 2, everyone should have said something imo - silence is the tactic of the mafia - mafia who don't talk on phones!

Heroic, I already said, the code in the series is to jump the 5; for 5 or 0 they swap with each other. so 1-9, 2-8, 3-7, 4-6, 5-0. They use 911 to indicate emergencies, though that's usually gang business; I can't recall what they use for police - it doesn't often happen like that.

I know what you said but how do you find out what the deciphered code means? Jay said a number meant the police were coming.

I know what you said but how do you find out what the deciphered code means? Jay said a number meant the police were coming.

Ah, I see. No, that is just a number and I'm hoping it will make sense to someone else. When they're sending emergency messages they would page with 911, normally they page with another code to identify themselves - however it's getting too worked up in something that might not exist in this game. The fact it decodes to Baltimore area code makes me think it's definitely on the money, but I think it's a number for someone else to do something with.

(essentially in the show they page a number suffixing it with an identifier code known only to those in the gang. The page would be a message that is another number- coded(such as in the writeup) - that's the number to be called back on - it was coded so that people wouldn't be able to easily track them or know what phones to tap - anyone cloning/watching the pager messages would get a nonsense number)

One thing is confusing me. In the show, the numbers were for the pay phones. I initially assumed the number in the write-up was Lester's number but this wouldn't make sense in the context of the show.

Heh, imagine if the code for translating the number changes every day, and tomorrow it isn't this reversed system. That'll be great fun :p

Prez did it! That boy can't be trusted with an iron.

But seriously, police be fucked yo. Runnin up on dem corners they bound to get popped.

Ain't no one coulda protected their boi gant, barksdale run west Baltimore.

This Jay character seems legit from where I standing, he a wise man.

(Ed if you've made Jay Jay you are a God amongst men)

I cannot confirm/deny being a deity, but I can give a vote count!

Rummy (1): The Peeps

Marc (1): Rummy

No Lynch (1): mr-paul

Shall we end the day then if no ones gonna bother sharing anything?

Vote: No Lynch

Remove vote. I'm hoping that Cube turns up before the end of the day; I still want to hear who he couldn't reach.

Agreed. Was it Diageo who said he also couldn't reach his target, or have I just got confused?

Was it a roleblock or protection? Or something else?

I was jailkept by someone so I couldnt' reach my target. So going by what ReZ said, pretty sure he tried to target me.

If there is no more discussion by 22:00 I will end day, otherwise, some time tomorrow.

Rummy (1): The Peeps

No Lynch (2): mr-paul, DuD

I was jailkept by someone so I couldnt' reach my target.

This fits in with what happened to me.

yo, just wanted to mention, if you are sure of your target you may send it early, and change it at any time up to the N2 lock event.

Cool, thanks Yvonne.

Okay, so it doesn't look we're going to get much more out of today. If those who haven't spoken can at least come forward to say 'I got nothing' that would at least help a little. I can't believe some people haven't even posted once :-/

What, as in you were also jailkept or targeted me and thus failed?

I tried to target you.

So now we need to know whether Diageo also targeted Sheikah, or whether he went for someone else who couldn't be targeted for another reason.