Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U eShop Thread

are1981

Practically everything has gone up in price on the Russian eShop now. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse has gone from 679 to 1,275 Rubles and Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers was roughly 2,000 and is now 2,999 Rubles. There's the odd exception like Trine 2 which was at the old price and reduced further in todays promotion. I can't remember exactly but I paid about €4.50 for it. I'd say by next week they'll have everything infated in price. It's very unfair for the Russians but hopefully next week we'll get better promotions.

I'd like for this situation to show Nintendo that their games are overpriced and that people will buy them when they're fairly priced.

Practically everything has gone up in price on the Russian eShop now. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse has gone from 679 to 1,275 Rubles and Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers was roughly 2,000 and is now 2,999 Rubles. There's the odd exception like Trine 2 which was at the old price and reduced further in todays promotion. I can't remember exactly but I paid about €4.50 for it. I'd say by next week they'll have everything infated in price. It's very unfair for the Russians but hopefully next week we'll get better promotions.

I'd like for this situation to show Nintendo that their games are overpriced and that people will buy them when they're fairly priced.

Is Mega man Advance 2 still cheap?

Is Mega man Advance 2 still cheap?

If you mean Mega Man Zero 2, then yes I just checked and it's still cheap. It's 279 Rubles which is about £2.80.

If anything, it gives the impression that people will go through with anything to cheap out.

Not true. If people would go through anything then they'd just find emulators online and Nintendo would get nothing. The Wii and the DS can be modded easily to play for example 2 of my recent purchases, Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime Trilogy. Don't agree with it and have never done it. What we were doing on the eShop was fair, within the rules and wasn't that difficult at all.

What's better? Selling 1,000,000 copies of a game at €5 or 100,000 at €10? Seriously, charging €5 for an NES game in this day and age is ridiculous. They're all €5 regardless of the quality. I have Zelda on the Collectors Edition but if it was half the price I'd buy it and so many more games impulsively. Didn't get it on the Russian eShop but was going to before the price rise, Nintendo would have made some money. Now most likely I'll never buy it unless they have a sale.

The reasoning behind it is sound enough though, how good a game is considered to be is subjective.

What I think would be nice would be if they sold open nes game bundles, where you could commit to buying a certain amount for a small discount, or a larger amount for a greater discount and so on. maybe have 5 packs, 10 packs, 20 packs etc.

Maybe even if they had a set bundle, say 3 games, get two nes games of your choice for free

Fingers crossed for a good update to the Wii U eShop this week. Last weeks was a complete air ball and disaster which they never announced on Monday either, not surprising given how $h1t€ it was. We should find out in an hour and a half. Kirbys Adventure would be a good start and with the usual €9.99 price tag for the first week.

I don't know why any of you people are expecting Wii games to be £8.99. The standard price is £17.99 and that'll be the price for most subsequent Wii re-releases (those £8.99 prices were just for the first three introductory games to be added to the eShop - just like they said it would be).

I do wonder if they'll do a lower price for those games that were originally budget priced though, like Wii Play or Big Brain Academy Wii... (While we're on that topic, I hope they give us the Wii Sports + Resort combo disc, rather than the seperate games as seperate downloads!)

And yes, I am itching for more Wii re-releases right now. I want my digital versions of Kirby's Return to Dreamland, Resident Evil 4 Wii and Punchout Wii already!!

Edited by Dcubed

I don't know why any of you people are expecting Wii games to be £8.99. The standard price is £17.99 and that'll be the price for most subsequent Wii re-releases (those £8.99 prices were just for the first three introductory games to be added to the eShop - just like they said it would be).

I do wonder if they'll do a lower price for those games that were originally budget priced though, like Wii Play or Big Brain Academy Wii...

If they want any of my money the games should be €9.99. It would be a great way to incentivise early buyers and ensure sales. Also, the first 3 games were that price so carry on I say.

This weeks eShop downloads.

Wii U

Kirby's Adventure™ Wii €19.99 / £17.99

Puzzle Monkeys €2.99 / £2.99

Citizens of Earth Demo

Wii U Virtual Console

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance €6.99 / £6.29

Super Ghouls'N Ghosts (GBA) €6.99 / £6.29

Price Reductions

Wii U

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition €14.99 / £10.99 / CHF 17.90 until 04.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

Angry Birds™ Star Wars® €29.99 / £24.99 / CHF 36.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

Angry Birds™ Trilogy €19.99 / £14.99 / CHF 24.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition €19.99 / £15.99 / CHF 23.90 until 04.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

Batman: Arkham Origins €19.99 / £15.99 / CHF 23.90 until 04.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

GAME PARTY CHAMPIONS €19.99 / £15.99 / CHF 23.90 until 04.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

Hot Wheels World's Best Driver €19.99 / £15.99 / CHF 23.90 until 04.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

Injustice: Gods Among Us €29.99 / £19.99 / CHF 32.90 until 04.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes €29.99 / £19.99 / CHF 32.90 until 04.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

LEGO® BATMAN 2: DC Super Heroes (WB Games) €29.99 / £19.99 / CHF 32.90 until 04.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

LEGO® Batman™ 3: BEYOND GOTHAM €44.99 / £34.99 / CHF 53.90 until 04.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

LEGO® The Hobbit (WB Games) €29.99 / £19.99 / CHF 32.90 until 04.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

SpongeBob SquarePants™: Plankton's Robotic Revenge (Activision) €24.99 / £19.99 / CHF 29.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2™ (Activision) €29.99 / £24.99 / CHF 36.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

The Amazing Spider-Man™ Ultimate Edition (Activision) €24.99 / £19.99 / CHF 29.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

The LEGO® Movie Videogame €29.99 / £19.99 / CHF 32.90 until 04.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

TRANSFORMERS PRIME™ The Game (Activision) €24.99 / £19.99 / CHF 29.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

TRANSFORMERS: Rise of the Dark Spark €29.99 / £24.99 / CHF 36.00 until 05.03.2015, 23:59 UTC.

Disappointed about the price of Kirbys Adventure. No money from me for you Nintendo this week and I'm sure I'm not alone in that thinking?

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Too high considering they are not even HD resolution and not patched for Wii U gamepad support.

£20 should get you two games.

Too high considering they are not even HD resolution and not patched for Wii U gamepad support.

£20 should get you two games.

The lowest Buy-it-Now price on eBay for Kirby's Adventure Wii is £32.50...

It's a bargain at £17.99.

Edited by Dcubed

No it's not a bargain, my opinion just. It's a digital copy. The price needs to be right to get people to buy into it. Otherwise I'd rather spend the extra for the physical copy.

By that reasoning, if Suikoden II was being sold at £70 on the PSN store then it'd be a bargain because the disc version will set you back £115+.

Still expensive at either price.

By that reasoning, if Suikoden II was being sold at £70 on the PSN store then it'd be a bargain because the disc version will set you back £115+.

Still expensive at either price.

Well no, it would be a ripoff because it's well above the standard pricing for PS1 games; it would be blatantly taking advantage of its scarcity...

Hell you had people moaning that Suikoden 2 was $10 instead of $6 on the PSN! For fuck's sake! Have some fucking perspective! It's a crazy bargain at $10!

£17.99 is the standard price for Wii games and Kirby's Adventure Wii is going for the standard price, despite being much more expensive elsewhere. It most certainly IS a bargain!

Is that relevant though. Surely the barometer isn't what games are being sold for on Ebay?

If it's no cheaper elsewhere? Of course it is!

It's by far the cheapest way to get the game (and it is a more recently released one too, so of course the standard RRP shouldn't be something stupidly low like £8.99), so yes, it's a bargain. Simple.

Edited by Dcubed

£17.99 for a last gen game with no work done to it is too much for me. I was happy to buy Super Mario Galaxy 2 when it was £8.99 but I'm not interested in paying these prices. £17.99 should be the price current gen games drop to 6 months to a year after release, not digital releases from previous generations.

Well no, it would be a ripoff because it's well above the standard pricing for PS1 games; it would be blatantly taking advantage of its scarcity...

Hell you had people moaning that Suikoden 2 was $10 instead of $6 on the PSN! For fuck's sake! Have some fucking perspective! It's a crazy bargain at $10!

£17.99 is the standard price for Wii games and Kirby's Adventure Wii is going for the standard price, despite being much more expensive elsewhere. It most certainly IS a bargain!

You mentioned the fact Kirby is being sold for £32.50 on eBay to argue that the £17.99 on the digital store was a bargain. I was not being serious in my response where I used Suikoden as a counter example, just showing you that the logic you used to come to that point was poor. Many people here do not consider that pricing to be sound.

If it's no cheaper elsewhere? Of course it is!

Again, not really sure if you just don't understand the economics, but two sellers can both be selling the same thing at different prices, yet both prices can be considered high and not bargains. The fact one is cheaper doesn't really matter.

You mentioned the fact Kirby is being sold for £32.50 on eBay to argue that the £17.99 on the digital store was a bargain. I was not being serious in my response where I used Suikoden as a counter example, just showing you that the logic you used to come to that point was poor. Many people here do not consider that pricing to be sound.

Again, not really sure if you just don't understand the economics, but two sellers can both be selling the same thing at different prices, yet both prices can be considered high and not bargains. The fact one is cheaper doesn't really matter.

Of course I understand the economics behind it. I just think that the demands on here are simply unreasonable.

These games have value and they should have an appropriate price tag to match. If the likes of Wii on here had their way, every game on the eShop would be £0.99-£4.99 - regardless of its value!

Just because iPhone games are all given out for free and Steam games are stupid cheap, it doesn't mean that everything should be put online for peanuts... It's unreasonable and unsustainable.

So many people have just simply lost perspective of value in general...

Edited by Dcubed

But what about Punch Out!! though?

Is anyone honestly going to pay more than double the going rate of a physical copy in order to have it digitally? :blank:

I don't wish to start an argument over this, I'm just genuinely curious. : peace:

But what about Punch Out!! though?

Is anyone honestly going to pay more than double the going rate of a physical copy in order to have it digitally? :blank:

I don't wish to start an argument over this, I'm just genuinely curious. : peace:

Well the loading times are better in the digital version at least :)

But not only is that game a rare exception amongst 1st Party Wii titles in terms of going price, but it wouldn't be reasonable to ask them to put it up for less than the standard price because of 2nd hand prices since it's being sold New rather than Used...

2nd hand is always going to be lower than RRP...

Well I suppose it's always possible that they'll have a 'Unsung Heroes' sale of some kind later on down the line featuring all the Punch Out!! games plus a few others - I use the term 'Unsung' in reference to franchises that are underused and not often in the spotlight - then they could sell it for a week at say... £9.99 something like that would be fine as it'll just be its £17.99 RRP the rest of the time. : peace:

Of course I understand the economics behind it. I just think that the demands on here are simply unreasonable.

These games have value and they should have an appropriate price tag to match. If the likes of Wii on here had their way, every game on the eShop would be £0.99-£4.99 - regardless of its value!

Just because iPhone games are all given out for free and Steam games are stupid cheap, it doesn't mean that everything should be put online for peanuts... It's unreasonable and unsustainable.

Way to lie. I never said any such thing. I don't mind paying €10 for certain Wii games. There's very little work involved if any in bringing these to the eShop. It's just code dumped in the Wii mode. There's more work involved in a NES title. Speaking of which, Nintendo's whole pricing structure is f###ed up. It's €5 for junk NES titles like Soccer and Street Fighter 2010. They're all €5 regardless of how $h1t€ they are. NES games are not worth €5 either.

If Punch Out Wii comes out at €20 it'll be the cherry on this farcical cake. Tesco were selling it only a few short months ago for €5.

Edited by Wii

Well I suppose it's always possible that they'll have a 'Unsung Heroes' sale of some kind later on down the line featuring all the Punch Out!! games plus a few others - I use the term 'Unsung' in reference to franchises that are underused and not often in the spotlight - then they could sell it for a week at say... £9.99 something like that would be fine as it'll just be its £17.99 RRP the rest of the time. : peace:

Yeah, I can see them doing another sale somewhere down the line. Same goes for other Wii download games.

Probably not any time soon, but later on? Probably, when they're promoting another future game or as part of some wider sale :)

I think just you, actually. :heh:

You're willing to pay a price that it seems mostly everyone else here thinks is a bit of a rip off. Even masterful games like Suikoden II are being sold for £3.99. Final Fantasy X and X-2 remaster sells for around £20, and even did when it was released - that's roughly £10 per game for HD remastered games. Tell me, what makes you think this non remastered game is worth £17.99?

You countered the argument by offering up the alternate extreme - app store style valuing of games (99p). Why not toss aside the extremes and deal with the middle ground - £10 ish pricing of Wii games that haven't been remastered? Seems pretty fair to me. I'll tell ya now, a lot more people will bite at a £9.99 price than this!

Edited by Sheikah