NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

I'm HOPING I don't need the next xbox of ps. But ultimately if shit like watch dogs and Starwars 1313 only come out, I'll just have to pick one up. I really don't play games like I used to and buy more games than I will ever play, but there's just something I need to play; or have the opporutnity to play but never actually do it... *sadlife*

gamessx.jpg

This many!

this picture was taken in July, I've since purchased 2 Wii, 2 DS, 1 3DS games.

This makes me wish I didn't trade in my old games. My collection would be godly.

ShopTo/TNT were great with my 3DS. I was expecting it a day early. However, TNT tried to deliver two days early. Nobody was in so they left a note saying they'll try again tomorrow.

Then the driver turned up at 8:30PM the same day with my 3DS.

Same! My 3DS came a day or two early, I was very happy with the service.

I have a backup plan. I have a friend who is a manager at Tesco, will just get her to get me one at midnight :D

Good luck with that, they'll all be allocated, so you should secure one all the same.

EDIT -- it's an extra 50% console trade in value credit !!!

GAME may be offering 50% off Wii U for console trade ins. If this doesn't work with Wiis, I'm screwed.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/game_to_offer_50_extra_trade-in_on_hardware_against_wii_u.html

"Pre-ordering is a great way of guaranteeing a Wii U for the release date and our exceptional trade-in offer gives customers a massive 50% extra value on any console or handheld console traded in against the Wii U."

F me, GAME, I think you have a customer.

Edited by madeinbeats

Don't trade in your Wii if you have VC/Wiiware games on it and want to transfer them, remember ;) That's an impressive deal though, wonder if it would work with stuff like the original DS model? ;)(Probably not)

Don't trade in your Wii if you have VC/Wiiware games on it and want to transfer them, remember ;) That's an impressive deal though, wonder if it would work with stuff like the original DS model? ;)(Probably not)

They say "Any". That's a form of contract with no clause listing any console specifics

The deal is 50% extra trade-in value on any console when trading it in for a Wii U.

The deal is 50% extra trade-in value on any console when trading it in for a Wii U.

So every ones Wii's will be worth a massive £15 trade-in value! An exaggeration right now, but it wouldn't surprise me if it goes down that low in the run up to Wii-U.

Ahh, so not 50% off... right.. shit.. still might work out as best value deal if trade it in, though maybe not if i have to put a wiimote in the box.

I read because of the VC transfer, they are giving you a week after launch to hand it in and complete the trade.

Shit man, I was convinced I was getting a premium Wii U for £155 then ;__;

Out of interest, anyone willing to trade in their PS360s?

Edited by madeinbeats

Don't trade in your Wii if you have VC/Wiiware games on it and want to transfer them, remember ;)

Do trade in your Wii if you have VC/WiiWare on it.

Game had great solution for this at 3DS XL Launch: buy your 3DS XL and tell them you have a 3DS to trade in; they charge you full price for the XL which you take home, transfer your data and then take your old 3DS in for the credit - which they offered a cash at the agreed rate.

Its worth checking first, but I would expect them to do something similar.

Edited by david.dakota
Automerged Doublepost

Out of interest, anyone willing to trade in their PS360s?

I would be temped to trade in my 3DS and Vita.

Do trade in your Wii if you have VC/WiiWare on it.

Game had great solution for this at 3DS XL Launch: buy your 3DS XL and tell them you have a 3DS to trade in; they charge you full price for the XL which you take home, transfer your data and then take your old 3DS in for the credit - which they offered a cash at the agreed rate.

Its worth checking first, but I would expect them to do something similar.

***Edit***

WARNING

This is 50% extra on your trade in - Game typically offer around £30 for Wii meaning you'll get £45 trade-in value to use against your U preorder.

If that's the case, it barely works out cheaper than Zavvi. Hype level deflation activated.

I would be temped to trade in my 3DS and Vita.

Only time I wish I owned a Vita. All is not lost, launch operation find-a-Wii cheaper than GAME trade in value!!!

I just can't decide. I want the console because it's a new console, but none of the launch games.

I just can't decide. I want the console because it's a new console, but none of the launch games.

So wait until the games you want actually come out for it!

Edit: Oh wait, hang on I forgot about the (probable) incoming shortages. In that case... time to broaden your horizons and give NSMBU, NintendoLand, Zombi U, Sonic & All Stars Racing, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Rayman Legends a chance! (Plus Fifa Wii U might turn out to be good, as well as Batman Arkham City AE and - as a real longshot! - Ninja Gaiden 3 RE...)

Edited by Dcubed

Waiting is still an option for me... no Pikmin, no P-100. Beyond BLOPS2 which I half resent buying because I'd have no intention of playing 1 second of the single player campaign, I'm struggling to point at a game and say 'I want that one'... Oh, Lego City if that's launching.

I don't think there's an official line-up yet as lots of places seem to be reporting differently. I even saw an article saying that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Bayonetta 2 (both apparently from Capcom) are launch titles.

The release titles aren't set in stone yet. I mean companies are still announcing what titles will be available on the release day, with both Tekken and Sega Racing Transformed recently announced.

I think the confirmed ones are:

- Nintendoland

- NSMB

- ZombiU

- Rayman Legends

- Tekken

- Mass Effect 3

- Assassin's Creed 3

- Black Ops 2

- Sega Racing Transformed

- FIFA 13

- Nano Assault Neo

- Trine 2

- Toki Tori 2.

Others are expected (Batman, Darksiders) but haven't been confirmed.

It's not much, but I think the current Amazon trade in price for a Wii is £15.

Which is actually a pretty good price for just the console, as it's pretty much worthless in the marketplace today.

America is getting more launch titles announced every day. I think they'll bulk announce it here next month

Scribblenauts has made launch there, better make launch here

I'm at work now but off the top of my head

Nes = 5 (sold some years ago and regret it)

Snes = 10

playstaion = 12

N64 = 8

PS2 = 18

GCN = 10

Xbox = 6

Wii = 13

PS3 = 12

xbox 360 = 22

then if i include PC and handhelds

PC = around 35/40

Gameboy = 20

GBA = 16

DS = 27

3DS = 12

so what was the point of the e-penis waving session? oh how many games... it depends on how good they are really, and if i decide to trade them in is an entirely different story, usually judge that on as i go to put them in the trade in pile do i want to play it,and after 5 min of play do i reconsider.

If i hadn't trade them in, then i'd have had around 50 ps2 games, i know i was a few less than my friend and he had just below 60

As for WiiU i'm getting 3 games at launch, maybe another for Christmas, then probably one a month after that as thats what its ended up like with the 3DS so i expect similar with the WiiU

THere's still runours Need for speed is coming too. That would be incredible if so. Love Burnout Paradise!

Looking forward to the launch being announced so I know exactly what to get an dhow much it'll cost me

Looking forward to the launch being announced so I know exactly what to get an dhow much it'll cost me

Judging by your previous lists a fucking fortune.