NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (March 22nd)

Not exactly, Tigrex is not in this, and also the HUB is not in this one.

Oh I forgot about that. But it basically includes everything aside from those two bits.

So basically MH3U is based on the MH3G? Digging up info, here you go @kav82:

Monster Hunter Tri

# Small Monsters: 17

# Large Monsters: 18

# Total Monsters: 35

Monster Hunter 3G = Ultimate

# Small Monsters: 22

# Large Monsters: 50

# Total Monsters: 72

Weapons from Tri:

-Great Sword

-Sword and Shield

-Hammer

-Lance

-Switchaxe

-Long Sword

-Light Bowgun

-Heavy Bowgun

New ones:

-Dual Sword

-Hunting Horn

-Gunlance

-Bow

New Areas:

-Mountain Stream

-Tower 3

Weapon quantities MH3 vs. MH3G:

-GS: 74 vs. 135

-Lance: 69 vs. 200 etc

Armours:

-MH3: 62 sets (blade / gunner) + 30 single pieces

-MH3G: 195 sets / pieces (most for both blade and gunner, some for male / female only)

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3G:_Monsters

http://mh3g.trigwiki.jp/data/1037.html (open with Chrome and turn auto-translate on)

Edited by Ville

Confirmation of voice chat will make this a definite buy for me, til then.. I'm not sure. Great news though.

I look forward to you guys tackling Plessy for the first time. Watch out for his shoulder barge of doom. :D

No dodgy hitboxes this time though! :D

I cried with happiness when this was revealed. The two games I've played most on the Wii (outside of Nintendo releases) were COD and MH3. Now we have both!

With voice chat this could be phenomenal.... I would happily quit WoW all together and force my friends to buy it.

I've been looking for a copy of Tri for ages... but only wanted to spend a tenner... anyway, something always stopped me... I would constantly miss auctions on the BAY... and now I realise why, it was the powers that be screaming "WAIT!!! It's coming for Wii U!!!" haha ;)

Happy Chappy right here.

This announcement blew me away! now when is it out for 3DS (hopefully before the wiu version)

I'm fairly sure they said both would be out next March.

I still ave never really got stuck into the wii version. I really think it would be pointless playing though it now and may just wait. Really wish I did it at the tie as I loved what I payed back then.

I still ave never really got stuck into the wii version. I really think it would be pointless playing though it now and may just wait. Really wish I did it at the tie as I loved what I payed back then.

There are still plenty of people online who play and Capcom hold their Unity gatherings too on a regular basis so if you fancy playing, it might be worth firing it back up for a bit - even if just to make sure your memory isn't playing tricks and you're getting swept up in this tidal wave of Monster Hunter fever.

Obviously you don't want to go over board and suffer some burnout right before release but I'm sure if you're picking up a Wii U on day one, you'll stop playing your Wii games for a while anyway to give you a bit of a break.

As has been pointed out - even if you knew everything there is to know about Tri, you will still only about know half of what this has to offer.

So basically we have 32 new boss monsters, 4 new weapon classes and 2 new areas. However, the amount of new weapons and armours is just staggering...

Blade weapons:

-GS: 135

-Lance: 200

-LS: 151

-SnS: 182

-DS: 153

-Hammer: 194

-HH: 101

-GL: 154

-SA: 162

Total: 1432

Guns or their parts:

-Bow: 121

-LBG: 106

-HBG: 107

Total: 334

Total number of weapons / gun parts: 1766. Like wtf, have a nice life collecting them all xD

Edited by Ville

So basically MH3U is based on the MH3G? Digging up info, here you go @kav82:

Monster Hunter Tri

# Small Monsters: 17

# Large Monsters: 18

# Total Monsters: 35

Monster Hunter 3G = Ultimate

# Small Monsters: 22

# Large Monsters: 50

# Total Monsters: 72

Weapons from Tri:

-Great Sword

-Sword and Shield

-Hammer

-Lance

-Switchaxe

-Long Sword

-Light Bowgun

-Heavy Bowgun

New ones:

-Dual Sword

-Hunting Horn

-Gunlance

-Bow

New Areas:

-Mountain Stream

-Tower 3

Weapon quantities MH3 vs. MH3G:

-GS: 74 vs. 135

-Lance: 69 vs. 200 etc

Armours:

-MH3: 62 sets (blade / gunner) + 30 single pieces

-MH3G: 195 sets / pieces (most for both blade and gunner, some for male / female only)

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3G:_Monsters

http://mh3g.trigwiki.jp/data/1037.html (open with Chrome and turn auto-translate on)

So basically we have 32 new boss monsters, 4 new weapon classes and 2 new areas. However, the amount of new weapons and armours is just staggering...

Blade weapons:

-GS: 135

-Lance: 200

-LS: 151

-SnS: 182

-DS: 153

-Hammer: 194

-HH: 101

-GL: 154

-SA: 162

Total: 1432

Guns or their parts:

-Bow: 121

-LBG: 106

-HBG: 107

Total: 334

Total number of weapons / gun parts: 1766. Like wtf, have a nice life collecting them all xD

Holy CRAP, 50 Large monsters????? I knew there was more...but 50....WOOT, now I am HYPED for this.

Oh the N-E Brotherhood will feast on many a Monster Burger this spring.

But damn that amount of weapons and armour...and then thinking of the possiblities for skills and gemming.....man my son will have to raise himself after this game comes out :heh:

At least until he gets old enough to play and hunt with me and join the Brotherhood :D

But damn that amount of weapons and armour...and then thinking of the possiblities for skills and gemming.....

Yeah, it's gonna be one wild friggin' ride! For comparison, here are the MH3 stats:

*Blade weapons:

-GS: 74

-Lance: 69

-Hammer: 64

-SnS: 69

-SA: 38

-LS: 29

Total: 343

*Guns and parts:

Total: 51

*Total amount of weapons and gun parts: 393. Just compare the numbers and try making sense out of it, bloody friggin' hell... o_O

So an "ultimate" version of a game that's already out for the Wii (and that game was in turn based on a PSP game)? And yet no screenshots? I bet this is going to shine in the graphics compartment and therefor make great sense to be released for the first next-gen console.

waynes-world-not.jpg

So an "ultimate" version of a game that's already out for the Wii (and that game was in turn based on a PSP game)? And yet no screenshots? I bet this is going to shine in the graphics compartment and therefor make great sense to be released for the first next-gen console.

waynes-world-not.jpg

Dude can you shut up. I don't mind you having an opinion that is negative on all aspects Wii U but it would be nice if you didn't express it like a 7 year old on every thread in the Wii/Wii U boards.

You don't have to buy it you know...

The more Monster Hunter (3) that exists in the world, the better.

Hard to find any downsides to this at all.

Well, the other choice would be to release it on just the 3DS, so I think this is a much better choice, especially when we'll get online play as well!

Still, you do have a point. It's based on the 3DS game, so there's prob gonna be some simplification of graphics. Although, if you look at the PS3 version of MH Portable 3rd, it does look pretty good despite being a handheld port:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Is that another controller?! I can't just use the wii mote game pad combo like last time?

So an "ultimate" version of a game that's already out for the Wii (and that game was in turn based on a PSP game)?

What?If by "based on" you mean a new game in an already established series...like a sequel then yeah...but that's just pointing out the obvious, 2+1=3... :o (though it is of course a sequel to MH2 from the PS2, the "MH Portable or Freedom" games on the PSP are considered more spin offs)

But if your trying to say MH3 is like a port of one of the PSP games then go sit in the corner :nono:

As for it being a new version of a Wii game that is already out, your just clutching at straws trying to find faults without seeing the differences. When Capcom first announced both MH3G (as the 3DS game is known in Japan) and MH4, I figured I'd just wait for MH4.

But seeing the differences in the posts @Ville has made...the extra number of both small and large Monsters the massive increase in weapon and armour options and new areas, it's like they've more than doubled the size of the original game it is very much a different game. Hell if Capcom wanted they could have called MH3U, MH4 and left MH4 for MH5.

Is that another controller?! I can't just use the wii mote game pad combo like last time?

That's teh GamePad Pro...they showed that off back at E3. It's basically a GamePad minus the screen.

Don't know if it'll support the Wii Classic Controller Pro, though CoD:Black Ops 2 is supporting control for Wiimote/Nunchuck and for Wii Classic Controller Pro too (aswel as GamePad and GP Pro of course).... so no reason Capcom can't also support CCP for this...just a matter of finding out if they will.