NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (March 22nd)

So an "ultimate" version of a game that's already out for the Wii (and that game was in turn based on a PSP game)? And yet no screenshots? I bet this is going to shine in the graphics compartment and therefor make great sense to be released for the first next-gen console

It's a Wii game that was ported to 3DS (which had better graphics than the original Wii version) that is now being ported to the Wii U.

It's not much different to NSMBU and Pikmin 3, which were both up-ported from Wii (albeit with a larger visual upgrade than MH3U, but MH3U was much better looking than the Wii versions of those two games anyway so the final result is pretty similar)

Seems like standard practice for a new console launch to me ::shrug: I still remember the likes of Starfox Adventures and Eternal Darkness...

Crazy stuff. :grin:

At first I wasn't all that interested in this (having spent so much time playing MHTri), but I see that there's actually quite a lot of new content, so I'll definitely be checking it out. :bouncy:

Wonder if it will be possible to transfer over your MHTri character/items from the Wii version? :blank:

Wonder if it will be possible to transfer over your MHTri character/items from the Wii version? :blank:

That would be nice not having to start from scratch and rebuilding some weapons (like my lovely collection of SwitchAxes) for a 3rd time, haha...but then again, it could be half the fun :D

Crazy stuff. :grin:

At first I wasn't all that interested in this (having spent so much time playing MHTri), but I see that there's actually quite a lot of new content, so I'll definitely be checking it out. :bouncy:

Probably not.

Where is the fun in that though? It's great starting from scratch and then slowly building your character into a beast that can kill anything in your path. Destroying something that troubled you early in the game is what makes this game so much fun. RAAAAARRRRRRR!

This game has already convinced 2 of my mates to buy a Wii U, even though they aren't Nintendo gamers. ( They did the same for Tri ) My nephew and his mates who are 360 gamers will also be buying the Wii U just for this game. That's the power that MH has over people right there. :D

Pretty much Monster Hunter now has a home outside of Japan, yes it's not as massive as Japan, but it's there. Just by looking at the pages here, it only started yesterday and already 3 pages, you don't get shit like that unless it's a mainline Nintendo game like Zelda.

And truth is, Capcom and Nintendo have scored, Capcom see that the Nintendo core base has taken a love for the series that putting it on a Nintendo system will always be a safe bet when it comes to worldwide sales.

Argh why wait till March that's so long ;_; (Not complaining all the new WiiU games look mad! can't wait to play it :D )

Probably not.

Where is the fun in that though?

Indeed. I was just curious if it was possible, that's all. :)

Should we expect the single player mode to be very/any different on this version, compared to MHTri? If it's going to be exactly the same as on Wii, then I'll probably play this game exclusively online. Not that that's a bad thing. :D

Can't wait to hunt with the N-E Brotherhood again! :bouncy:

Indeed. I was just curious if it was possible, that's all. :)

Should we expect the single player mode to be very/any different on this version, compared to MHTri? If it's going to be exactly the same as on Wii, then I'll probably play this game exclusively online. Not that that's a bad thing. :D

Single player is the same as Tri, though with new quests sprinkled throughout (and the G Rank quests added of course!)

Can't wait to actually be able to play with you guys this time around! No more being stuck on the US servers! :yay:

Can't wait to actually be able to play with you guys this time around! No more being stuck on the US servers! :yay:

I gotta ask capcom (Twitter or capcom community I don't know), I have many US friends who are into Monster Hunter, it was painful to not play with them. Is there any chance they would allow us to play more than just Europe and Australia?

Didn't have the luxury last time I played this, I'd really like to join up with you guys when Ultimate hits in March.

Are the rooms that you enter and wait in before quests going to be like the japanese versions of Tri where they could hold 16 people IIRC rather than the paltry 4 that was possible in the western release of the game?

Are the rooms that you enter and wait in before quests going to be like the japanese versions of Tri where they could hold 16 people IIRC rather than the paltry 4 that was possible in the western release of the game?

Thats a good question. On the original MH you could have 8 peeps in the town and it made it a lot easier to get things sorted.

Thats a good question. On the original MH you could have 8 peeps in the town and it made it a lot easier to get things sorted.

The annoying thing is that it wasn't even a technical limitation of the wii but due to server infrastructure used in Europe is what I heard. Retarded is my opinion.

The annoying thing is that it wasn't even a technical limitation of the wii but due to server infrastructure used in Europe is what I heard. Retarded is my opinion.

That's rubbish as the original MH on the PS2 was released over here and had 8 peeps per town.The yanks only had 4 people per town as well. The rumour I heard was it was because of Wii Speak being included in the west.

That's rubbish as the original MH on the PS2 was released over here and had 8 peeps per town.The yanks only had 4 people per town as well. The rumour I heard was it was because of Wii Speak being included in the west.

You know what, we discussed this at the time and yeah, your right it's the wii speak thing. Annoying as I didn't even get the damn thing. :sad:

EDIT: Meant western instead of Europe but meh. Was still wrong overall. That said, does Wii speak work with the Wii U?

does Wii speak work with the Wii U?

Do not give Nintendo ideas, Wii Speak was horrible.

We need proper voice chat this time, I don't want to be stuck playing with a keyboard on my knee again.

I very much doubt Wii Speak will even be an option, surely voice chat will just be done directly via the GamePad mic, no? :blank:

Edited by RedShell

I very much doubt Wii Speak will even be an option, surely voice chat will just be done directly via the GamePad mic, no? :blank:

Headsets are the way to go, Gamepad mic will pick up a lot of background noise, it'll be the return of...

Echo Echo Echo Echo

Monster hunthing in bed on the Gamepad? Count me in!

I wish I'd have given MH Tri more time but I kept getting distracted by other games and just never gave it the time it deserved. I think I spent more time reading all you guys' comments on here than I did playing it! If Wii U has an early lull in big titles like the Wii, I might actually get time to play this one :)

Do not give Nintendo ideas, Wii Speak was horrible.

We need proper voice chat this time, I don't want to be stuck playing with a keyboard on my knee again.

Surely they'll just have a keyboard on the touchscreen for text chat?

I have a feeling the UPads mic will be used but hopefully a headset will also be an option.

Shame the UPad doesn't have a USB input, how handy would it be to be able to just plug the headset into the UPad so you won't have the cable running across the room?

Shame the UPad doesn't have a USB input, how handy would it be to be able to just plug the headset into the UPad so you won't have the cable running across the room?

This is where wireless headsets come into play.

Yeah but currently I only have the Wii headset which has a cable and likely won't be buying a new one for awhile....actually now that I think about it, teh Wii headset better be compatible, I'm gonna be broke enough as it is just getting a WiiU :heh:

Yeah, WiiSpeak didn't really work that well. Keyboard chat was awesome, though.

Took a look at the quests, @RedShell:

MH3G

Village (single player) = 119

- Low rank 1-5★: 56

- High rank 6-9★: 63

Harbour (multiplayer) = 208

- Low rank 1-2★: 26

- High rank 3-5★: 45

- G-level rank 6-8★: 137

Event quests: 29

Arena Challenge (1-2 players): 8?

Arena Tournament (1-4 players): 12

Total: 376

MHT

Village (single player) = 57

- Low rank 1-5★: 50

- Low rank special: 7

City (multiplayer) = 96

- Low rank 1-3★: 49

- High rank 4-6★: 47

Event quests: 25

Arena offline: 10

Arena online: 12

Total: 200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Observations:

-both single and multiplayer have over double the amount of normal quests!

-event quest number is pretty similar to Tri (29 / 25), same with arena quests (20 / 22)

-single player has full high rank mode, and more hr quests than lr ones (63 / 56)

-multiplayer has fewer low rank quests (26 / 49), about the same amount of high rank quests (45 / 47) and a shitload of g-level rank ones (137)! : o

So who is gonna take a bet that MH3U, upon release, will be available in a tidy Wii U bundle? That will sort me out very nicely indeed.

The screen is 60% random information and there's a second screen full of information on some random table. So out of all the available screen space, only 20% of it shows the actual game.