NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (March 22nd)

DAClM.png

Just announced for Europe on both the 3DS and Wii U. It will arrive March 2013.

Edited by Retro_Link

I don't even understand what Monster Hunter game this is anymore! :p

Is this a sequel to Monster Hunter Tri, or is this an updated version that game that hadn't come out over here yet, but wasn't Monster Hunter 4? Or neither?

So I see that Japan gets this at launch. This coupled with Mario has pretty much Wii U Sold Out written all over it.

OH MY FUCKING JESUS CHRIST!!!!!! ALL IS FORGIVEN CAPCOM!!! :D :D :D

Will buy both 3DS and Wii U versions, thank you based Capcpom! :D

Japan is in the bag for Nintendo! (may as well already consider the Wii U to be sold out!)

It sounded to me as though it was Tri G ported back to the console with HD graphics and online play restored - it also allows you to carry save data from one version to another.

I'm a bit fuzzy on whether there is actually brand new content over the original Tri G version.

I do wonder if the decision to release this game now, or rather at year in Japan, is a signal that Monster Hunter 4 is a bit further off than they wanted it to be and this is to act as a stop gap of sorts... much like when they announced and released Tri G at the end of last year.

Jesus Christ Capcom. So conflicted as I don't own the 3ds, don't plan on buying one either, don't really want another console so had no plans to get the wii U, and yet the game I want the most out of all of them, is coming to these platforms. FML.

I don't understand what game this is either.

Likewise.

If it's an improved Tri, I still might get it. I only played a few hours of Tri. If they've updated the graphics might be worth a second shot.

Likewise.

If it's an improved Tri, I still might get it. I only played a few hours of Tri. If they've updated the graphics might be worth a second shot.

It's an expansion to say the least, as in 3 you have normal rank and high rank. 3G however has G rank which is higher then High rank. plus Capcom have added a TON of new and old monsters as well as new sub species.

It's a hella fun and I really enjoyed Unite (2G) on the PSP after Freedom 2 (2)

So what's the difference between this and Tri?

If it's not much, I'll be passing this by. If it's filled with new maps/weapons/armour/monsters, then I'm in!

If it's not much, I'll be passing this by. If it's filled with new maps/weapons/armour/monsters, then I'm in!

Welcome Aboard! :D

Yeah, while I'm pumped this is coming to Europe, I (when 3G was first announced) originally thought I'd pass on it and wait for MH4

But if MH4 is further away than expected I guess I will prolly get this for the new monsters and such...so long as the Brotherhood will be there too....also just to do my part to ensure MH4 gets here :heh: (Isn't a sad situation where you find yourself buying a game just so you can hope it will work towards getting another game released :heh:)

Will likely just get the WiiU version though

Don't see why people will want to miss this game, it's basically giving you guys more weapon variety, more monsters, a new location (Portable 3rd location) a HUGE amount of new Armour and a new ranking.

So getting both since I have made some friends who have 3DS who are interested in the game :D co-op AND online play hnnnnnnng thankyou Nintendo/capcom

So having never played Monster Hunter...

This is basically the definative version of Monster Hunter 3?... and therefore well worth getting!

So having never played Monster Hunter...

This is basically the definative version of Monster Hunter 3?... and therefore well worth getting!

It will be the definitive version and if you are to get one, this would be the one to get.

BUT

If you don't intend to make use of the online multiplayer, I would struggle to recommend it. MH3 is my second most played Wii game but I left it out of my top 10 purely because as a single player game, it quickly becomes repetitous and grindy. Even knowing the monster inside out doesn't help too much when you only have access to such basic weapons and armour. It already has a steep learning curve without the need to hinder it even more.

Playing with 3 others, who know what they are doing, vastly improves the experience and can help speed up the single player campaign into something resembling how it should have always been. Fighting the same monsters over and over after that one rare drop becomes a lot easier to stomach with some companions to lighten the mood - even if deep down, you know that you are just doing the same thing over and over.

Edited by Captain Falcon

I'll give it a think then as I'm not sure how much I'll play online, but it won't be out for a while over here anyway so go time to consider it!

It has over twice the content of the Wii game...

Tri G

# Small Monsters: 22

# Large Monsters: 50

# Total Monsters: 72

Tri

# Small Monsters: 17

# Large Monsters: 18

# Total Monsters: 35

New armour, new weapons, new weapon types (Dual Blades are back and bow guns are different amongst even more weapons!) new areas, new status effects and game mechanics (Slime status attributes) and more.

Includes all of the content from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd plus even more content.

It's all that and a bag of chips basically. Combined with the Wii U version for online play and on TV play, it's basically the "ultimate" (a very apt choice of name) Monster Hunter game.

Includes all of the content from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Not exactly, Tigrex is not in this, and also the HUB is not in this one.