NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

The last couple of lines from Yamagami("I don't know how much I can say. I can't really reveal anything. But let me just say you can definitely look forward to what is coming.") could well be a hint at Platinum working on another project for Nintendo. They've said before that they'd love to work on Starfox, what little they did in Bayonetta 2 looks impressive and Starfox needs a developer.

I do really hope that they're gonna carry on working together on future projects. Nintendo and Platinum really are a match made in heaven (and hell too in this case ;) )
Wasn't that more or less confirmed at the end of that vid? :bouncy: I'm pretty confident Nintendo have given Platinum the go-ahead to work on a new game for them. :)

StarFox?... Metroid?... F-Zero? :o

I think Platinum could work wonders on any of those.

Wasn't that more or less confirmed at the end of that vid? :bouncy: I'm pretty confident Nintendo have given Platinum the go-ahead to work on a new game for them. :)

StarFox?... Metroid?... F-Zero? :o

I think Platinum could work wonders on any of those.

I saw that little quib at the end... ;)

orlyb2sl3.jpg

... and I hope it does indeed mean what we all hope it means :)

As for what game it could be... If it was indeed an existing franchise they're working on, I'd say that Starfox Wii U would be the most likely candidate; considering that Miyamoto did say that he wants to get an outside company in to help speed up development (but TBH, I think Namco is still the more likely choice here, considering how they've become Nintendo's go-to squad for speedy game production - that and the fact that they've worked on a Starfox game before...)

Edited by Dcubed

I think Namco is still the more likely choice here, considering how they've become Nintendo's go-to squad for speedy game production - that and the fact that they've worked on a Starfox game before...)

And it turned out $H1T€! :heh:

And it turned out $H1T€! :heh:

True, but that was a different time and a different way of making games. With SF Assault, the game was created entirely by Namco with very little oversight by Nintendo.

These days though, they've got Namco doing all of the grunt work while Nintendo's own staff actually design the games. I think we can all agree that Wii Sports Club, Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U and Mario Kart 8 have all turned out pretty good in the end :)

I don't think we've got much to worry about in that regard if they make use of Namco's production staff again here. Their experience with SF Assault will also come in handy as they'll have somewhat of a grasp of how to go about programming & modelling those Starfox style stages, even if they're not the ones working on the core game design this time around. SF Wii U is certainly going to be an EAD project, even if someone else like Namco is going to be co-developing the game.

Either way, I think that they're a more likely choice for SF Wii U than Platinum - who I hope get to work on something new :D

Demo is on the eShop. Downloading now.
Sweet! :awesome:

I shouldn't really play it (definitely getting the game anyway) but I just can't resist! :shakehead

Just finished the demo. It has a 15 use limit ( they really need to just drop these).

I didn't have a clue what the hell was going on, all I know was that I was having a blast pulling off combos and firing my guns. I did switch to the blades and found my movement and combos were a lot better using those.

It's done what every good demo should do, give you a taste of things to come and get you suitably hyped for the release of the game.

There were blades?

Yeah, never really played Bayo before. I had no clue what I was doing or whether I was doing it right, but I got a Bronze award. That's not the worst, right?

My combos sucked though, Just bashing buttons and focusing on activating Witch Time. Best defense is not getting hit, right?

Makes me itch for more though. I might have to pick this up. Can't say no to that 2 game deal after this.

Just finished the demo. It has a 15 use limit ( they really need to just drop these).

I didn't have a clue what the hell was going on, all I know was that I was having a blast pulling off combos and firing my guns. I did switch to the blades and found my movement and combos were a lot better using those.

It's done what every good demo should do, give you a taste of things to come and get you suitably hyped for the release of the game.

Yeah I played this at Hyper Japan and ended it far more than I thought I would, the combat is so fluid and feels so good! Presume this is the same demo, but looking forward to trying it again when I get back!

Will definitely try this out later. Maybe I shouldn't though but then I need to know what I'm letting myself in for on the 24th(provided it arrives on time) as I've never played the original. That and I'd like to see the eye popping graphics running at 60 fps. Like yourself @RedShell I don't think I can resist. She's too damn sexy!

I'm not convinced. It felt a lot like button mashing and evading but maybe I'm just doing it wrong?

(Also got a bronze - I think it is the worst you can get! :P )

Don't know if I can resist but I still have loads to do in Hyrule Warriors so likely that will prevent me from spoilering myself

Thrillhouse.gif :o

Yep, it's awesome. icon14.gif

Fun in the practice area:

:awesome:

but I got a Bronze award. That's not the worst, right?
Nope. It goes like this:

Pure Platinum

Platinum

Gold

Silver

Bronze

Stone

Bronze is actually pretty good going if you've never played the original. :)

That and I'd like to see the eye popping graphics running at 60 fps.
They certainly are eye-popping. However, I did encounter a strange visual glitch during my play through:

I thought it was a screen tear at first, but then remembered @Dcubed mentioning Nintendo's mandatory V-sync.

Here's the same footage with a pause at the offending frame:

Weird, huh?

Pretty minor issue anyway, and it only happened the one time.

Cannot wait for the full game! :bouncy:

I'm not convinced. It felt a lot like button mashing and evading but maybe I'm just doing it wrong?

I'd say it feels like button mashing if you don't know what you're doing. But it's deep with tonnes of combos. For the record, I'll be doing tonnes of button mashing until I get used to it. And yeah stone is worst and I don't expect to ever earn anything beyond a gold ranking.

OK so I couldn't resist and gave the demo a play and got a Silver award at the end of it....for having not played the first game (yet) does that make me awesome since I see peeps here keep talking bout bronze :D?

After playing the demo now can't wait even more.....though I'll have to finish Bayo1 first of course before I put in Bayo2...good thing Smash aint out till Dec and I plan to buy nothing in Nov

I am not that sure about this. Can't see the depth as of yet and the combat seems only as advanced as hyrule warriors (boss fights, not grunts) so that leaves the theme and story. I enjoyed HW for the Zelda goodness, not fussed about characters and story in this, am I missing something?

I am not that sure about this. Can't see the depth as of yet and the combat seems only as advanced as hyrule warriors (boss fights, not grunts) so that leaves the theme and story. I enjoyed HW for the Zelda goodness, not fussed about characters and story in this, am I missing something?

I think it depends on whether you care about your score at the end of the levels. If not then you could probably button bash your way to the end. I know that's what I done on the Devil May Cry games and Wonderful 101 to a certain degree.

If it's like the first game then the combat is better on higher difficulties were Witch Time is removed and the only way to activate it is by equipping a certain item and correctly blocking or dodging at the right moment.

You can button mash but the games a lot more fun when you learn the battle system properly.

I thought that the only way you could do witch time was by dodging at the right time?

How else do you do it? Seems quite similar to dodging in hyrule warriors as I used it in the demo.

Played the demo, loved it! Not played a Bayonetta before but it was very W101 which is no bad thing! A lot of button mashing though.

Gave in and played it. Enjoyed it very much. I was a little clueless in some regards with the controls, got caught out a few times with the QTE's and it was sometimes hard to know when was the right time to dodge, died a few times too. But the graphics, God damn they're beautiful especially the last dragon boss climbing the building. Very happy with my purchases. 60 fps really makes a difference, it's so fluid. Bring on the 24th. I'll run through the demo again tomorrow.

I played the demo (never touched a bayonetta game before), and I must say I'm really impressed. Normally this wouldn't be my kind of game, but it was just so much fun. There was action EVERYWHERE, I'm still looking around to catch all the details and the funny moves!

It also reminded me a bit of the wonderful 101, and that's a good thing :p

Anyways, it's really good they made a demo for this game, otherwise I wouldn't even have considered buying it

Can't get better than bronze overall. Only played it twice mind you. Anyway Official Nintendo Magazine have given Bayonetta 2 93% and Bayonetta 93%.