• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiple SKUs...

cr_04009_01_v6.jpg

Too bad I got the contents wrong :( (At least in Japan)

Also apparantly the Nintendo Network Premium thing is just a loyalty scheme for those who buy the Premium model (discounts on games until December 2014), NOT a subscription service.

Edit: Cheers Serebii! :D

Annnnnd we are done, at least for a few hours. :D

I checked the Yen to £ and the basic package is £207

The price will probably be cheaper over here and in the US (as it was with the 3DS)

I think it's safe to say it'll be $249.99/299.99 and £189.99/£229.99.

The multiple SKUs seems kinda pointless really. Neither coming with a Wiimote Plus & Nunchuck is disappointing :(

Good to hear.

I'm a little disappointed by the size of the HDD. 32GB? That's far too small in this digital age.

That's an SSD, not a HDD. BIG difference (both in terms of performance and price)

Ah, I see. Have we got the option to add an external HDD then?

Yes. You can use any USB hard drive or SD card.

I'm tempted to just go for the normal one actually. I really don't need more on board storage, I'm happy using SD Cards/external storage.

Depends on those discounts I guess...

Yes. You can use any USB hard drive or SD card.

I'm tempted to just go for the normal one actually. I really don't need more on board storage, I'm happy using SD Cards/external storage.

Depends on those discounts I guess...

I want the Black Wii U so I'm going with that :p

Am I missing the sarcasm or are HDMI cables expensive in the UK? Serious question as I see a lot of members making comments about (not)including HDMI cables?

I don't think they're that expensive, but I think a lot of people were just expecting Nintendo to whack in the bog-standard composite cable as is tradition.

Yeah, having a HDMI cable come with the machine is a nice bonus (especially for grandmas who'd get confused about how to hook it up and would just end up using the "normal" yellow/white/green cable!) They're not very expensive, but it's nice to see them remove any confusion regarding getting HD out of the thing.

Doesn't make up for eschewing the Wiimoteplus/Nunchuck from the box though. Say goodbye to any and all 3rd party support for the Wiimote :(

Summary

- GPGPU

- 2GB RAM, 1GB for games, 1GB for OS

- Discs are 25GB and 22.5MB/s (for comparison, I think the PS3 is 9MB/s).

- You can import software from the Wii.

- A second Wii U gamepad is 13,440 yen (about £108)

- Comes with console, GamePad, AC adapter for console and GamePad, HDMI cable. 8GB memory for white, 32GB memory black (premium).

- Nintendo Network Premium. Owners of the black console will get 10% off digital purchases until December 2014

- Out Japan 8th December

- White model 26,250 yen (£210)

- Black (Premium) 31,500 yen (£250)