N-Europe

The Best Mafia In The World (Tribute)

The Peeps

So far everything seems to add up, so I'm not really suspicious of anyone at this point based on their behaviour. However, Tales's power does worry me, especially if he is neutral. What would his win condition be, then? Survive till the end? Or would he have his own agenda? It's not an obvious town or mafia power, hence my leaning towards it being neutral again.

Contrary to what you seem to believe, confusion is not good for the town, Rummy. Confusion is the tool of the mafia, clarity the weapon of the town.

Normally I'd actually find you very suspicious for wanting to keep things confusing, but I know it's consistent with your play style, so it doesn't really say anything either way.

Confusion isn't good for us, no. Mixing up targets and powers, I believe is more beneficial to town than mafia. He can take power from the mafia, and give it to town, or vice-versa; he can cycle the protectors/investigators etc and take up mafia time looking for them, keep good powers alive and bad powers can die. He can't tell us, but we do now know what's going on now, and I think taking and swapping powers will be far more beneficial for the town, than it will for the mafia. Add to that whatever caused Peeps to post Diageo's role, and I think he could be good for us. I could happily reveal my protecting power last night, because I know it doesn't put me at risk anymore(my other power, well, it would get revealed regardless); and that leads to information we can openly reveal without fear of being killed.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Information no one would have known if I hadn't pressed...

Information I wouldn't have given if I hadn't lost my power :p My plan was always to reveal the swap, as I stated, it would be obvious when I used it; hence why I said I'd wait for the day to unravel a bit more before posting. We'll see what tonight brings for both of us.

So I'm whittling down who could be the N1 killer. Can anyone without info next to their name please provide some sort of account for their nightly actions?

Let me know if I left anything out

Actually, you'll be whittling down to players who claim powers that don't affect their targets. Including protectors and info-gatherers, prime targets for the mafia.

There's also the fact that you'll be missing on mafia roleblockers and redirectors, and mafiosos that claim to be either, but them and their "targets" are only lying to cover for themselves.

Really, whittling down till we find the killer is best left for when we have a decent number of confirmed info-gatherers, and a limited list of probable protectors.

Votes:

Yvonne (2/4): uəʌəsʎɐɾ, Rummy

Tales (3): Yvonne, heroicjanitor, Cube

Cube (1): Tales

Majority is 8

I'd like to quote this, and point out; it literally would have taken just two people to switch/place votes and off Yvonne; TWO votes. I know people will say 'obvious mafia' etc in defense, but tbh, I think it's fairly telling that nobody has instantly leapt at the opportunity to lynch a townie here. I'll take my vote off now, expecting my death tonight for the danger I pose in majority reduction; but for the mafia to not make a move with only 50% blame and an easy kill....well.

Remove Vote

It's that or he's admitting he's a mafioso who is trying to lynch a townie and his team mates are annoying him :D

I don't think Yvonne is evil, but I also really don't agree with your point about Tales, Rummy. Sadly, I don't think we will agree no matter how much we discuss it, because while the points you've made might make sense from one POV, I think switching roles could be just as beneficial to the mafia. If, for example, they gain a powerful protection like the power you had at the start. Nobody gets to your target? That's awesome if you're the mafia killer.

I'm not saying it's always going to happen that way - what I'm saying is that we really have no idea what Tales will swap, and we don't know what powers there are in the game. It COULD work out well for the town, but equally it could lose the game for us. It all depends on how lucky Tales gets with this power. I'd rather not take the chance, if you see what I mean. But obviously unless everyone agrees there's nothing that can be done about it.

I am also 90% sure he is a neutral. His character was neutral in the last game, the power has neutral written all over it, and in the post that Was quoted recently he said 'I am not mafia' but he specifically didn't say 'I am town'.

Can I make a point about how unfair it would be to lynch me because it's easier for the town? Does that even matter to anyone?

Please try to find the mafia instead. It's timer better spent. Anyone not wanting to spend time on that should be looked into.

Nobody gets to your target? That's awesome if you're the mafia killer.

Unless you're assuming not sacrificing night power to kill, I'll let you rethink that one.

And yes, I was saying that they would pounce. If I was mafia I'd have done that in a heartbeat, but then it made me think; would a majority halving power be more mafia than town? Diageo's been quite quiet since he's come and gone, but Yvonne's still top on my list atm.

OK Tales, but if you screw with confirmed townies, you'll likely get lynched.

Screwing with confirmed townies, may help to confirm them more. 'Confirmed' is very hard to come by in a mafia game, anyway. I think he should mess with everyone he can, if he wants to survive, and doesn't know who the mafia are, his best alliance is to the town. Mix it all up, info comes out.

I say we let him live. His power is also harmful to the mafia, as I'm sure there's at least one obviously-mafia power among them.

Point is, he's also a problem for the mafia, and as long as he doesn't keep quiet about his targets, the damage caused to the town is minimum.

A good mafia can go a long way lynching their own actually...

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bussing

I know, but the point still stands. It's somewhat WIFOM, but worth noting.

Jonnas: I still don't feel safe with basically a chaos maker running around. I've never been a fan of powers that mix up everything, especially on the town's side. Statistically he's more likely to mess things up for the town than the mafia. However, what worries me the most about him is his win condition. How do we know he won't just steal the victory once he's swapped enough people?

I say we let him live. His power is also harmful to the mafia, as I'm sure there's at least one obviously-mafia power among them.

Point is, he's also a problem for the mafia, and as long as he doesn't keep quiet about his targets, the damage caused to the town is minimum.

He can't be open by his targets, but given there'll be two people and they'll now know what's going on, unless he hits TWO mafia who decide to keep it secret; we'll get information. Plus we have whatever hit Diageo's original role up in the thread. I'm thinking that might be Tales unrelated, and a mafia thing, but I'm just guessing.

Yvonne's still my top suspect, maybe Diageo, weak on Danny. I wonder if @Diageo would deem it sensible to protect me tonight if he has my power, who knows. Alternatively, I'd hope @Tales might keep the protection power going round; it's an important power that I think should survive, and helps keep mafia attention off any potential other town-useful roles.

That's funny, because I tip Danny/Diageo as the most likely to die tonight. I suppose we'll see in the morning. I'd go as far as advising a coin toss for Diageo.

I still don't really get why you removed vote for me Rummy - you've got 4 votes on me already, what's a fifth gonna matter? If I'm your top suspect, you should be voting for me.

The implication is, you already know how I'm going to flip when I die.