NEurope
Retro_Link

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

so who is aquiring the US episodes/watching online through a proxy?

episode 21

So ward is full on dog shooting evil it seems (although i suspect the sniper watching the dog was Garret and making sure Ward killed the dog

Will he have made sure Fitz/simmons survived or will the sink to the ocean floor and drown in that container

gotta say Shield has become amazing! and Triplett has fit right into the team.....kinda hoping that if Ward has some redemption in the final its a sacrificial one....potentially seeing him become a new Deathlock

Its late i'll probably discuss this more tomorrow...so everyones thoughts?

I rewatched that dog/sniper scene a couple of times... I'm not sure if there was supposed to have been a shot or not? The noise you hear is Ward pulling the leaver to release the crate, but I'm not sure if it was supposed to have coincided with a gunshot? Seems a bit off to show someone shooting a dog on such a show, and I hoped it was just Ward watching the dog run away.

It was a strange scene, because I thought it was supposed to imply Ward has a heart saving the dog and thus likewise saving Fitz and Simmons by releasing the cargo into the ocean, presumably thinking they'd be picked up by SHIELD if they are tracking them?... and of course going along with his line 'it's a weakness of mine' or whatever it was. In not making it clear who's gun that was, it was just left confusing.

---

I thought the episode was ok as a setup to hopefully a great finale.

I don't really like Garrett at all as a character anymore, he seems to have gone all smarmy and campy, kinda like Nicholson's Joker or something, with a weird smile. And the whole underground base beneath the barbers shop/one man at a time barbers chair lift is a bit naff. I guess everyone else just takes the stairs do they :p

The whole office break in/extraction was a cool scene. Even if the whole paper copies thing is a bit stupid.

Not sure I really wanted the series to lead up to a Deathlock army led by Garrett (what a douche), but still it is what it is. Wonder if the Gravitonium will play a part?

Ward's "weakeness" is that he can't kill people he cares about up close. He couldn't kill the dog with the revolver, he couldn't shoot Fitzsimmons either. So he used the sniper to distance himself from the dog and dropped the cargo rather than breaking in.

If you think he was saving them, you're probably clinging to a false hope!

Edited by Shorty

Yeah I was going to say the same as Shorty.

When you see Ward scare the dog away with the revolver you think, "oh there is some good in him"

But when I saw the sniper bit I figured, Ward didn't want to make the kill easy, wanted the dog to be on the run so it would count as a bit of training/target practice.

I hope Fitz and Simmons will be able to survive but if/when they do, I doubt that would have been Wards intention

Didn't Garett take the sniper from him and give him the revolver? I fully expect that Garret was watching through the sniper to make sure he killed the dog, then when he didn't killed it himself.

He made the quip about caring too much for things earlier in the episode and to me i interpret that as, its Ward's only failure in garret's eyes, when he had to clean up after him.

Still i think he honestly attempted to kill FitzSimmons, rather that than Garret do it....but Coulson will rescue...at least one of them.

I'm wondering are they setting up Skye to be his new Buddy (that was the dogs name?) and he will have to kill her but will bottle it and Garret will kill her....

but then for reasons she'll survive (either the GH lasts long giving her a healing factor, or she will be revealed as Kree/Skrull and survive

Edited by Agent Gibbs

HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

That episode was freaking amazing!

One scene I didn't understand was Garret getting back up??!! Was it saying that he regenned from...what? A drop of blood? That was weird.

Anyway, good things;

- Nick Fury

- Fitz/Simmons

- Skyes dad

- Epic showdowns

- Major awesomeness

--------------------------

Pretty convinced that with Skye and stuff they are introducing the Inhumans, which makes sense with the link to the Kree.

Interesting that Coulson is now seeing space shenanigans.

That was AWESOME....damnit hurry up and start season 2 already!!!!!!!

Ended up watching it twice already :D

HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

That episode was freaking amazing!

One scene I didn't understand was Garret getting back up??!! Was it saying that he regenned from...what? A drop of blood? That was weird.

Dude watch it again, they put his (apparently dead) body in a box (for transport I guess), he likely regenerated inside of it and broke out and crawled to the Deathlock-Maker-Chair

You can see the box on its side and open on the floor in teh background and some guard knocked out.

Anyway speaking of this scene, at first I was like.... damnit not the age old cliche of good guys think bad guy is dead but he isn't really and now he's gonna come back for season 2....then BAM! "Hey guys I found it" COME ON COULSON YOU LEGEND!

The start with Cybertek was cool, finally getting to see inside there, and the realisation that every deathlock/super solider was being controlled by individuals.... I thought Garret would have a computer to himself that controlled them all. :heh:

The little fight under the Barber Shop was cool.

Fitz & Simmons scenes were pretty good too, especially just before they "escaped"

NICK FURYYYY!!!!! Hell yeah, hoped it was coming, slightly spoiled by the "special guest appeace by Samuel L Jackson in the credits at the start but still awesome when he appeared. Only downside was I hoped to see a few more cameos, even Hill again even though she just had one a few eps back.

Garret going insane and ripping the Rib out of the Amry guy....damn that was unexpected, both brutal and awesome.

The attack on Cybertek was cool too, when Skye and May got into the control centre and the guy is all "we planned for this" and May is like "did you set them to default derective"...."how did you know about that" :D

Didn't plan for that did ya dumbass :D

May fighting Ward was cool, would have liked to see more though, the saws added that nice sense of proper danger to the fight too then the nail gun, dmanit didn't expect that (how did the Rib rip and the nail gun bit not set off alarms for the US censors? Surely the rib alone should have had it upgraded in rating haha) Don't think she bloodied up Wards face enough though :heh:

Fury then magically appearing just as Coulson confronts Garreth, just out of nowhere, sure we know he knew how to find the base but how did he find Coulson so fast and just stands there like "yeah this is me, I'm here".....but frak do I care, hell frakking no, I'll suspend some disbelief and just go WOOT great moment.

And how Coulson kinda forgets what else is going on and is just "I owe you a talking too" or however he put it :D

Then out comes the Destroyer Rifle "Don't worry I know what it does!"

Grining from ear to ear me there :D

The quick jokes from Fury and Coulson as Garreth is giving his speech too, just spot on, loved it. Especially when they were going on about how it seems it all started cause Garreth misheard Furys "One Man" speech :D

The confrontation between Ward and Coulson didn't go how I expected though....surprised he kept himself so calm and level headed, I wanted him to at least nut Ward in the face at least once...but ah well I'll accept the internal and external torture remarks :) Wonder if this means Ward might still appear in season 2?

Little disappointed we didn't get a full answer about Skye's past but "Flowers" little visit to what I assume was Skyes dad was very interesting.... would at least have liked to learn if her roots are either alien or "gifted" guess they'll keep us guessing on that one.

Then Billy/Eric...wtf? so is Billy the twin brother of Eric or did Fury just clone one guy over and over and have each clone look after a different secret base.... like a nurse Joy of Pokemon Centres?

Slightly disappointed we didn't get to see Fitz in the final team shot though.... hope he does recover and returns for season 2.

Oh and then Coulson doing the alien equation thing..... interesting.... hope doesn't mean he's gonna go mad and turn bad though, Coulson can't ever turn bad!

So who started Cybertek?

The dude with the beard at the start said he started it with a sinle laptop in his basement.... but he was obviously being forced to do it thorugh the "incentive" program.... so what did Garreth start it? Or was Cybertek also run by Hydra and I just didn't get it fully? Surely there must still be some "head guy" pulling the Cybertek strings that we didn't see and is still "at large"?

Also what happened to Quinn and the Gravitonium?

No indication of seeing Graviton emerge from it yet either, was hoping to see that too...ah well something for season 2 I guess, along with Blizzard who I assume must have been set free by Hydra even though we never saw him?

That was brilliant. I was also worried about Garret's "resurrection" as I wanted him to be dead and done...then Coulson saved the day.

It was also awesome that May nailed Ward one last time. Fury was awesome. The Fitz/Simmons scene was awesome. I loved pretty much all of it.

There was also plenty left over to find out about in season 2. I also wonder if Koenig is a clone or LMD. He did mention his "brother" playing Call of Duty, but the new one didn't seem bothered about his death.

Some kind of Alien language or map. I guess we'll see this crop up in Guardians of the Galaxy.

That was great, it felt like the end of a proper Marvel film!

BUMP

So whats the story on Season 2 of this?

Wiki says season 2 starts NEXT WEEK on the 23rd

Would be awesome if thats right but I've not heard/read of it anywhere else nor have I seen any season 2 trailers/adverts appear.....or did I somehow just miss it all?

EDIT

Never mind should have checked youtube first

Though how did that get in so under the radar, would have thought Marvel would be marketing this to hell.... or again have I just somehow missed everything?

Ive seen trailers and articles popping up every now and again so I think you've probably just been missing everything lol

And yet you cared not to share said trailers and articles with this thread..... :heh:

Its not a good enough show for me to care lol

If you check the Arrow thread I posted trailers there :P

Oh yeah well I've not missed teh Arrow trailers...bring on October!

But I fully enjoyed Shield myself so can't wait for next week now :D

I've been aware of the trailers, but I haven't posted them as I'm not watching them.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers as well, but that shizzle real was barely a trailer...and given the american voice over guy i'm guessing it was just a brief commercial that gives nothing and just goes michael bay with explosions everywhere

Just watched Season 2 Ep1

WOOT, I enjoyed that fully!

The intro was awesome, guest appearances from Agent Carter and the Howling Comandos!

Love it when characters from the films appear in the show to help keep everything linked.

Lucy Lawless added to the cast was a nice surprise, didn't know anything about that.

Then The Absorbing Man! (though I didn't cop it till the bit when he turned his hand into a diamond)

And looks like he's not gonna be a once off foe, guess he'll be popping up a few times.

Fitz struggling with recovering from nearly drowning was heart breaking, he seems a shell of himself :(

Then the twist about Simmons at the end....WTF is that about? Will Simmons be returning properly or has her actress left the show and this was their way of writing her out?

Anyone have any ideas what that "Obelisk" was? Wondering could it be an Infinity Gem/Object? Talk about seriously crossing over TV and Film plot lines if what appears to be coming together as an overall thread in the Films is now becoming a plot in the TV show. Bold move by Marvel. Assuming if this Obelisk is an Infinity Gen, that plus the Tesseract, the Aether from Thor2 and the one from Gaurdians of the Galaxy makes 4 gems seen/known about and just 2 more left to find....likely 1 will prolly be saved for the Doctor Strange movie.

Then Lucy Lawless's character having to cut off her arm....thought maybe she would get a Deathlok upgrade of sorts but then BAM Absorbing Man appears causes the car to crash and Izzy dies!...WTF didn not expect that, was thinking, sure this is Lucy Lawless, the way everything went beforehand it seemed she'd be at least a recurring character. :(

Man, that was AWESOME. Great season opener.

I hope Lucy Lawless isn't dead. Didn't seem super conclusive.

Absorbing Man. YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Dose cameos.

LOVED the twist with Simmons - I'm sure she'll be back!

Epicz.

Man, that was AWESOME. Great season opener.

I hope Lucy Lawless isn't dead. Didn't seem super conclusive.

Absorbing Man. YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Dose cameos.

LOVED the twist with Simmons - I'm sure she'll be back!

Epicz.

She seemed pretty dead to me... it's one thing losing half your arm but then the trauma and impact of that crash too? She dead bro.

She seemed pretty dead to me... it's one thing losing half your arm but then the trauma and impact of that crash too? She dead bro.

She was also holding an artifact that could "hold the answer to death itself". She ain't dead forever.

Also look at what was in the box at the start.

She was also holding an artifact that could "hold the answer to death itself". She ain't dead forever.

Also look at what was in the box at the start.

I guess so but having the arm get cut off seems like it should negate anything positive that might've come from it. She said herself that she could feel it killing her... It would be typical Marvel/comic fashion for her to be revived but in this instance I think it makes better sense for her to stay dead.

I thought it was alright but not brilliant, so basically my whole opinion on this show. Seems thats just unlikely to change I guess.

In regards to LL

There are many copies!

bsg-three.jpg

Sorry I just needed an excuse for a BSG reference :D