NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Lance Armstrong stripped of titles

Source for the news

Today, he announced that he wouldn't continue to fight against Doping Charges brought against him. As a result of this, he has been effectively "assumed" guilty and stripped of his record 7 Tour de France titles. He has also received a lifetime ban and all of his records from 1998 to present day have been wiped.

Insane...as far as I know, he has never tested positive for anything. He said today that "I refuse to participate in a process that is so one-sided and unfair," and that he had grown weary of the accusations brought against him.

I'm an avid support of Lance Armstrong and have always strongly supported him throughout his whole career. I'm very interested to see this evidence the USADA has, they've gone against their own remit and regulations in carrying out this witch hunt.

He's been the most drug tested athlete in sports and has never failed a test, I find it hard to believe that only he has somehow managed to dodge the system when no else has been able to.

His decision to stop fighting these accusations in no way imply that he's guilty, especially when the process he's up against is so one-sided.

The USADA have no authority to strip him of his titles, that's up to the UCI.

Edited by Jon

Fuck 'em, in short. Don't care what the details are, I'd rather believe that Lance Armstrong was a hero than have yet another public figure to feel resentment towards. God knows we have enough of them - running the country, too.

I don't personally believe that he is guilty. As you say @JonSt he's been tested a phenomenal number of times. Somewhere along the line, he would have either realised that doping is pointless as he'll just get found out, or he has found some way to beat the system, which I don't think exists.

Feel sorry for him. Some people seem bemused as to why he's not fighting the charges, but I can see these carrying on for a long time. Not good for a man who wants to settle down now.

Apparently, there are other cyclists who are validating the claim that he did cheat. ::shrug:

utterly disgusting and unbelievable, i respect the guys morals to not get involved! hopefully everyone will see this for the bullshit it is

There are so many unanswered questions surrounding the whole thing. The UCI administered all his tests after he came back and declared them clean, many have come out before saying he cheated only to disappear without a trace. The criminal investigation went no where as there wasn't any evidence. Scientists can't even agree on what make's a positive blood sample. From everything i've read on the subject, it really does seem like the USADA doing everything it can to bury him.

As for the others validating his claims, a lot of these are drug cheats who've been promised things in order to cooperate with the USADA's investigation.

Good article from The Telegraph about it all.

Stripping him off his titles seems pointless. He still won, he knows that he won, other people know that he won. Won't they still have to acknowledge that he won or would future publications just say "strangely, there was no first place for these seven years."?

Stripping him off his titles seems pointless. He still won, he knows that he won, other people know that he won. Won't they still have to acknowledge that he won or would future publications just say "strangely, there was no first place for these seven years."?

It would probably go to 2nd place. Or say that Armstrong won, but was later stripped of his awards.

utterly disgusting and unbelievable, i respect the guys morals to not get involved! hopefully everyone will see this for the bullshit it is

Totally agree. How can people keep dragging these issues up YEARS after his triumphs? And if he just wants to settle down and have no more abuse, then i suppose that not fighting it will be the only way for this beration to stop once and for all.

Well he might be guilty, but there's no need for his teammates to do that...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19912623

Yeah... it sucks :( Guy beats three types of cancer (according to Dodgeball, but I've never really looked it up) then wins the TdF 7 times. Living legend. I didn't want it to be real.

But another part of me just thinks "... but if they're all using the drugs then surely he's still the best?"

Well the evidence was released yesterday and it looks to be pretty strong.

Has anyone changed their opinion after seeing it?

If Mitt Romney wins on top of this my faith in humanity will be at an all time low.

Still, he kicked cancer's ass. So that was impressive.

I suppose it changes my opinion, its very disappointing really and worrying the level of complicity by his team

Maybe they need to look into how doping cures cancer....

I still can't believe the first man on the moon used drugs.

I guess that explains why he fumbled his line.

You're thinking of Lance Bass.

He's the Dragon Master.

I still can't believe the first man on the moon used drugs.

I guess that explains why he fumbled his line.

Anyone can see he's on drugs. What normal human can stretch their limbs so far? That's probably how he won all those races.

stretcharmstrongtoy.jpg

The evidence does look overwhelming. It still amounts to a witch hunt. I'd rather they just come up and say it's about taking down Armstrong than cleaning up the world of cycling. Interesting that all the guys who came forward got six month bans.