N-Europe

The Happy Days Mafia

Jimbob

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to catch up! About to read through @Yvonne! Too busy at the Olympics, sorry to everyone if i'm not as attentive as usual. 7am-10pm days are exhausting!

So there's this roleblocker thing. I have to agree with the analysis so far that it is likely that one roleblocker is town, the other evil (that is if Tales actually is roleblocker, him saying that Animal was roleblocked pretty much confirms it but no 100% solid confirmation). We also cannot be totally sure that Yvonne and Peeps aren't both mafia and are trying to plant seeds in our head to make us think they are what they're not. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I am very interested in what made Jonnas be redirected, actually. Was it down to flavour/game mechanics, or an actual character redirecting him.

10 person game - 3 mafia at most?? Maybe 2? I would go along with one of these targets but with a very small game, a big mistake, although it could teach us lots, could have big consequences in such a small game if we misfire.

To prove I have no double - VOTE: mr-paul

Votes (as they stand)

Vote: Animal - Jonnas, Tales (2)

Vote: Jonnas - The Peeps, Sheikah (3)

Vote: The Peeps - Cube (1)

Vote: Nintendohnut - Nintendohnut (1)

Vote: mr-paul - mr-paul (1)

Majority is 6

@Jimbob did you do a miscount on D1 to come up with 10 votes?

Yeah, i was thinking about other elements as well. As there are only 10 players, 6 is the correct figure.

There is some really interesting theories in here, i'm enjoying reading them all. All i will say is, i have a good story planned out and things are working out pretty well indeed.

Thats upto you guys to decide, as i've said i'm having fun and enjoying these theories. In a way, i'm learning more about mafia games this way than i have done so far.

I know this isn't game related, but i'm planning another later in the year.

I still think there's a stronger justification for voting Jonnas. Not just that he was apparently untargetable but targeted, but he gave a weak response. Peeps has provided us with his role, name and target which seems more than fair.

Vote: Animal - Jonnas, Tales (2)

Vote: Jonnas - The Peeps, Sheikah (3)

Vote: Cube - mr-paul (1)

Vote: The Peeps - Cube, Yvonne (1)

Vote: Nintendohnut - Nintendohnut (1)

Majority is 6

Day ends 6pm tomorrow

Reminder to @Animal + @EEVILMURRAY. Need to be a little more active guys.

Edited by Jimbob

Apologies for length of post, before I begin. Worth reading though.

So why not Tales?

Ok, I don't think this style of questioning is going to help us reach a conclusion, rather we'll probably just waste the rest of the day without getting anywhere.

There's really no definitive proof on anyone right now, we just know that at least one of the people in the following two pairings has a FAIRLY reasonable chance of being Mafia:

Peeps and Tales - going by the fact that it is unlikely both will be Town roleblockers.

Jonnas and Animal - on account of both being roleblocked. If we assume the above is true (that there is only one town roleblocker), then naturally one of the targets will certainly be town, while the other could be town or Mafia.

At first glance, statistically speaking it may make more sense to hunt the roleblocker as it is more likely one will be town and the other will be Mafia. If you think about it, it's less likely that the assumed 'only' town roleblocker will have picked a Mafioso by chance to roleblock than the possibility that Jimbob picked one town and one mafioso to be a roleblocker.

But then, what tips this the other way in my eyes is if you consider that there was no kill tonight. This makes it very likely that one of the roleblock victims was in fact the killer. If the Mafia have a disguiser however it's likely they sent them to do the killing, in which case we could be going after an innocent man (as the disguiser received a roleblock in the stead of the intended target). But in a 10 player game it almost seems unfair that there might be a disguiser, so I'm less inclined to believe there is one.

So I'd be more likely to go after the roleblocked. In which case, either Jonnas or Animal. Now I suspect Jonnas over Animal for a good few reasons.

For one, Jonnas had conflicting information with Peeps. Peeps has been fairly forthcoming with information which makes me slightly more inclined to disbelieve Jonnas, but that's by no means conclusive evidence. Second, Jonnas has been slightly shifty in his replies. His language to me suggests he's not really convincing himself. Lastly, Jonnas claims he was redirected from Yvonne yet no one has accounted for this. He says he was redirected to mr-Paul who was protected. mr-Paul has not commented on why he may have been protected but this could be fairly understandable if he was a protector or was protected. Although personally, I got quite scummy vibes from Paul in his response (trying to scatter blame across multiple targets). Either way, if Jonnas did target someone for who was protected and no one died, it would again go further towards explaining why there may have been no night kill.

Most of the evidence so far points towards the sensible option being to vote Jonnas, and if it doesn't then it increases the likeliness that it's Animal instead. Rather than split the vote it'd be best if we find out one way or another and vote the same.

I had no indication I was protected/anything happened to me last night. I would've said if something did. As I said, I didn't target anyone because night was so quick, and I received no PMs. All I am going on is what is in the thread.

remove vote now I've proved I have no double.

So you do not claim to know of being protected @mr\-paul? This makes Jonnas's account even more unlikely. There's a lot of stuff that doesn't add up here.

I'd like to know from people who haven't voted Jonnas why the think the person they're voting is more scummy given all the conflicting info on him.

What conflicting info? I've just said everything I know. Surely if I was lying I'd come up with better excuses?

Also, Eevil just confirmed my story. At worst, the "untargetable" part of my role is actually false.

And the reason that the "roleblockee" might be mafia is because there was no kill last night. Meanwhile, having two roleblockers isn't proof of anything, it's a meta-lead. I don't like those, as they're not reliable of anything.

And the reason that the "roleblockee" might be mafia is because there was no kill last night. Meanwhile, having two roleblockers isn't proof of anything, it's a meta-lead. I don't like those, as they're not reliable of anything.

So you don't like meta-leads...but you're suggesting we should go for another lead which is just as flimsy?