Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Godzilla

bryanee

A trailer was just show at the Warner Bros panel at Comic Con, not sure if the trailer will be online anytime but soon but impressions are positive and its the original Godzilla design.

Directed by Gareth Edwards.

532376_334848766598204_975994013_n.jpg

I am intrigued.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the other thread.

Godzilla was my first 'fandom', other than Nintendo. It's what made me join forums and become, essentially, a nerd.

The American remake from 1998 was a disgrace, but finally, in time for Godzilla's 60th Anniversary, a new film is coming out.

I've been following its progress for a long time. Directed by Gareth Edwards who made the critically acclaimed Monsters, and written by Dark Knight writer David S. Goyer, the film will be much closer to the Japanese version (and is being co-made by Toho, the makers of the 28 'canon' Godzilla films). The film is apparently meant to be set possibly in Japan too. He is also going to battle other monsters.

Anyway, Comic Con revealed lots of new stuff, such a teaser trailer which isn't online yet, but we got a poster and some photos.

tumblr_m76m5lUP7h1qe48tv.jpg

Some of you might have liked the 1998 movie, but it was a punch in the face to fans... this is doing everything right so far.

• 1 year later...

http://vimeo.com/76176358

A refreshing change of palette for this kind of movie. Although I think it's more chilling listening to Oppenheimer and seeing holes in the buildings, than it is when you get the first glance of the monster himself. I wonder if it would actually make for a better movie-going experience if you avoid all the trailers so that first glance has more impact.

On the other hand it's always possible the movie could totally suck and it won't matter at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!