N-Europe

Houses of Parliament Mafia - Death of the Prime Minister

Mr-Paul

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, I'm very sorry for disappearing like that. I've had some family health problems (my dad's been in hospital, but is now all clear, the silly bastard) and as such I've been rather busy and the game slipped my mind. I hope I didn't spoil it for anyone, and I hope it doesn't blacklist me for any future games. Sorry folks. :(

Hi everyone, I'm very sorry for disappearing like that. I've had some family health problems (my dad's been in hospital, but is now all clear, the silly bastard) and as such I've been rather busy and the game slipped my mind. I hope I didn't spoil it for anyone, and I hope it doesn't blacklist me for any future games. Sorry folks. :(

No worries, that's perfectly understandable. We don't have blacklists and I did wonder why you hadn't posted for so long. You aren't dead yet so feel free to continue playing if you want : peace:

To everyone else, there's still a couple of targets still to come in and it's my birthday today, so no write up tonight!

The reason he doesn't want to vote for me is because he knows I'm good.

I'm David Miliband, and Jonnas is Ed Miliband. We are a team that can talk outside of the thread. I'm a power investigator. HOWEVER after several strange results I'm now pretty Mac convinced that my power has a 50/50 chance of being right.

My results are below:

Rummy: You discovered Rummy is a Roleblocker

Gmac: You found out the gmac is a protector

Cube: You discovered that Cube is a reverse tracker

Yvonnne: You found out that Yvonne is an investigator

Sheikah: Sheikah is an ability investigator/tracker

Yvonne: You discovered that Yvonnne is an alignment investigator

Jonnas (checking my power): You found that Jonnas was a REDACTED (the result was correct)

I hope now you can understand why I was a) so against Yvonne's lynch and b) so doubtful of your power, Rummy.

Jonnas can confirm that I'm not lying here. I'm not sure what else I can say, I'm happy to answer questions.

By the way, the reason I think my power has a chance of failing is that it must be wrong at least twice so far. I was right early (my result was confirmed as gmac died night 2) but I've also been wrong about Yvonne. Twice. At first I thought it might have something to do with redirection, but I was being wrong several nights in a row. We've talked about it and I'm now confident I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right/wrong.

Tbh you might as well lynch me, I'm not much help to anyone aside from as a part of the majority. I'm just hoping that you can understand why I was so against some votes and so doubtful of you, Rummy.

At least let Jonnas confirm my results before you lynch me. I know you're following an investigation but still, please let it be confirmed that I'm not just bullshitting.

Yes, what Nintendohnut says is correct. We can talk outside of the thread. I didn't want to say anything without his consent (he's actually been busy for this past week, hence his lack of posting)

We've realized since Sheikah's lynch that Dohnut's power can't be trusted. In fact, this is why we both wanted to hear from Cube a while back, because we thought he was a Reverse Tracker, and had targeted someone vital at one point.

Now, this might be awkward...

Rummy: You discovered Rummy is a Roleblocker

Gmac: You found out the gmac is a protector

Cube: You discovered that Cube is a reverse tracker

Yvonnne: You found out that Yvonne is an investigator

Sheikah: Sheikah is an ability investigator/tracker

Yvonne: You discovered that Yvonnne is an alignment investigator

Jonnas (checking my power): You found that Jonnas was a REDACTED (the result was correct)

But the bolded targets are incorrect. These are the actual targets:

Night 1: Diageo - Tracker

Night 2: Rummy - Roleblocker

Night 3: Cube - Reverse Tracker (Dohnut did consider going for gmac during this night)

Night 4: Sheikah - Ability Investigator/Tracker (This wording is exact, according to Dohnut)

Night 5: Yvonne - Alignment Investigator

Night 6: Jonnas - [A correct result]

The reason Dohnut and Dannyboy trusted Yvonne so much was because of the graph he showed a while back. It's something he does when he's town.

I still don't know how they reached the conclusion that he was an investigator so early, though, I just rolled with it. And theorised the reason DuD came good was because he was elected at the time.

Now that result is suspicious for a whole new reason, though.

Why? Has he investigated you?

No...we can talk outside the thread and we're a good team. I said that in the same post!

I'm not sure how I got my targets and results wrong - @Jonnas I went through our forum and copied them from there! Not sure how that happened really.

@Rummy - What part don't you believe? The reason we trusted Yvonne at first was because Dannyboy 'worked out' from the spreadsheet Yvonne posted that he was an investigator (Dannyboy was replaced by Jonnas - I used to be in a team with Dannyboy). When I investigated it actually confirmed this (mr-paul possibly just trying to mix things up). Obviously we now know that he wasn't an investigator, but those two things seemed to confirm it, as my power obviously failed that night.

I know you have an evil result on me, but I can't stress enough that it must be wrong. Jonnas can confirm that everything I've said is true (apart from my targets, which I just copied wrong this morning from our forum as I was getting ready for work, but they've been corrected by Jonnas). We are part of a townie team, and we're both good.

I saw that. It doesn't explain how he knows you are good.

Ah, so you're implying Nintendohnut is secretly evil without me knowing.

I did consider the possibility, but it is very unlikely. For example, Yvonne killed Diageo (the 2nd time), how come they didn't send Dohnut, a safer option?

Furthermore, Yvonne, not Dohnut, came out as an "investigator" who "found out" Sheikah. Dohnut would've been a better candidate for the stunt.

Plus, Dohnut never pursued his bad results aggressively or anything. Why would he lie about your power, for example?

So yeah, very unlikely. Meanwhile, I still believe DuD is the best lead we've got.

And speaking of leads, @Rummy, @Jimbob. What were your results last night? We need to cross out potential suspects.

Either that or Cube is suggest I'm working with them without them knowing. But then why would I suggest that as an option? But then why etc etc. We can talk about this all day: they're all possibilities but as Jonnas said, they're unlikely, and in this case certainly not true. How does my power help the mafia if I can't even report back to them? And if I can report back to them, why would people like Rummy and Jonnas still be alive? And why, as Jonnas said, have I not been sent to kill?!

Basically, I'm not lying. I'm good, I'm in a team, and my power is pretty shit. I know Rummy got an evil result on me but that must be wrong! I don't know what else I can say, I was kind of assuming that when someone could back me up as good you might realise that something was wrong, but you're blindingly following the wrong result :(

EDIT: I think gmac's vote, added while I was posting, reaches majority. Faaaaaaaantastic.

This day phase lasted for less than 24 hours. The town didn't discuss anything apart from my lynch. The mafia completely avoided detection. And you lynched a townie.

AWESOME.

This day phase lasted for less than 24 hours. The town didn't discuss anything apart from my lynch. The mafia completely avoided detection. And you lynched a townie.

AWESOME.

There's no majority voting....

Right so for the past few days, I've been trying to find out about people from their posts and things like that and I decided to come clean about my role completely (with the exception of what character I am).

I am a lie detector. I can find out once a day whether people are lying or telling the truth. Here's my results:

Day One, I targeted Dud and he tells the truth that he is MP Greening, which is why I elected him as he was the only person I knew who was telling the truth

---

Day Two I detected Cube and 3/4 of a post he made was truthful meaning he told a lie. The post was that he was redirected twice, once by Tales as mentioned in the write-up and once by Dud.

---

Day Three I targeted The Peeps and he was truthful in saying he targeted gmac because he read he was a protector and he redirected gmac to the Peeps so I trust gmac completely because, as I said, The Peeps was telling the truth. However, that night, I automatically roleblocked him (in which I had zero choice).

---

Day Four was more interesting as I found out Yvonne's targets were 90% made up. Her list consisted of targetting Dud, Tales, herself and Sheikah in that order. I tried to find a way to catch her out without me revealing my role but couldn't (although there probably was a way and I totally missed it)

---

Day Five went to two people because I was visited by a health secretary and got two detects instead of one. My first one was Cube who told 20% of lies on his targets, which were Sheikah to me, Tales to Rummy, EEVIL to Rummy, Sheikah to Peeps and Dud to Jonnas. My second went to Jimbob who said he tracked Yvonne and found that she targeted Diageo and it was a lie.

I didn't want to reveal my role because it's just asking to be killed off as this usually happens early on in the game when I play Mafia games and I reveal but I think now was the right time and I can't think of a way to tell you guys my results in another way without revealing information about myself.

I'm very sorry I kept this from you but I wasn't so sure myself whether these results are accurate but yeah, I am a lie detector and I'm probably going to die this night phase but that is all I can give you.

Right so for the past few days, I've been trying to find out about people from their posts and things like that and I decided to come clean about my role completely (with the exception of what character I am).

I am a lie detector. I can find out once a day whether people are lying or telling the truth.

We...already knew this :heh: Sheikah found out and revealed it a while back. I'm guessing the mafia thought you were inactive, so they didn't go after you.

Here's my results:

Day One, I targeted Dud and he tells the truth that he is MP Greening, which is why I elected him as he was the only person I knew who was telling the truth

---

Day Two I detected Cube and 3/4 of a post he made was truthful meaning he told a lie. The post was that he was redirected twice, once by Tales as mentioned in the write-up and once by Dud.

That was because Cube misinterpreted things. It was actually The Peeps who redirected him first. Sounds about right.

Day Three I targeted The Peeps and he was truthful in saying he targeted gmac because he read he was a protector and he redirected gmac to the Peeps so I trust gmac completely because, as I said, The Peeps was telling the truth. However, that night, I automatically roleblocked him (in which I had zero choice).

Well, we need to see if "what The Peeps thinks" is considered truth. There's good chance of gmac being good, though.

But how could you roleblock The Peeps? Both him and gmac confirmed his power worked, anyway.

Day Four was more interesting as I found out Yvonne's targets were 90% made up. Her list consisted of targetting Dud, Tales, herself and Sheikah in that order. I tried to find a way to catch her out without me revealing my role but couldn't (although there probably was a way and I totally missed it)

:hmm: We lynched the wrong guy because you didn't speak up. He was actually begging you to come here and confirm his information.

Day Five went to two people because I was visited by a health secretary and got two detects instead of one. My first one was Cube who told 20% of lies on his targets, which were Sheikah to me, Tales to Rummy, EEVIL to Rummy, Sheikah to Peeps and Dud to Jonnas. My second went to Jimbob who said he tracked Yvonne and found that she targeted Diageo and it was a lie.

The first one is weird enough. @Cube, which target were you lying about?

The second is...mindblowing :o Jimbob is actually a mafioso?

Change Vote: Jimbob

You know what we need to do. Animal, take this opportunity to clear Nintendohnut's name!

@Nintendohnut: Make a post simply saying "I am a townie. I win with the town" to make things easier for Animal.

People, change your votes to Jimbob!

We...already knew this :heh: Sheikah found out and revealed it a while back. I'm guessing the mafia thought you were inactive, so they didn't go after you.

That was because Cube misinterpreted things. It was actually The Peeps who redirected him first. Sounds about right.

Well, we need to see if "what The Peeps thinks" is considered truth. There's good chance of gmac being good, though.

But how could you roleblock The Peeps? Both him and gmac confirmed his power worked, anyway.

:hmm: We lynched the wrong guy because you didn't speak up. He was actually begging you to come here and confirm his information.

The first one is weird enough. @Cube, which target were you lying about?

The second is...mindblowing :o Jimbob is actually a mafioso?

Change Vote: Jimbob

You know what we need to do. Animal, take this opportunity to clear Nintendohnut's name!

@Nintendohnut: Make a post simply saying "I am a townie. I win with the town" to make things easier for Animal.

People, change your votes to Jimbob!

People, do not change votes just yet because:

RUMMY IS TELLING THE TRUTH!

Rummy DID get an evil result for Nintendohnut. I just lie detected the post with him saying this and he IS telling the truth. So there's two things that this could mean: Rummy has been targetted to get the opposite results or Nintendohnut is, indeed, evil.

We...already knew this :heh: Sheikah found out and revealed it a while back. I'm guessing the mafia thought you were inactive, so they didn't go after you!

Yeah but this doesn't necessarily mean that it's true. As my results tell you, some people can lie even if they're good for reasons of their own.

I know that I'll be gone tonight but still, make of that information what you will. :)