N-Europe

Houses of Parliament Mafia - Death of the Prime Minister

Mr-Paul

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and Diageo, you said it. There were countless things against you in that Mafia. And yet, by chance or strategy, they all came together and made you, an innocent, look guilty.

Here we have just ONE screwed up statement (either Yvonne being mafia or foul play causing it). It's more likely that just one piece of information could be easily set up than just one in your case.

Regardless of any other games (most people in this one have played in several so know what you mean when you say that) you have been investigated and found to be evil.

There isn't a lie detector in every game, so there isn't much point putting your WHOLE defence on that.

And aside from that and a few assurances/promises that you're town, you've done nothing to actually prove to me that you're not mafia.

Oh, no, just saw that both you and Diageo said it, but I couldn't see who/how it had been done. Can we confirm it?

(also i well have to go to the pub for 8, which it totally isn't, I'll have to have a proper read through here tomorrow morning as I've been focused more on the lego)

Bahaha. What absolute shit. So much so that you didn't even vote for me.

The day is still young, and a majority vote would end the day way too early.

And I'm fairly sure that if there was a lie detector, they would have found something by now. It's a fairly rare role.

SEPARATE POST:

@Cube what did you find out on night 2?

The Media Mogul convinced me to change my target. Then I got (well, I was forced) onto a bus.

Regardless of any other games (most people in this one have played in several so know what you mean when you say that) you have been investigated and found to be evil.

There isn't a lie detector in every game, so there isn't much point putting your WHOLE defence on that.

And aside from that and a few assurances/promises that you're town, you've done nothing to actually prove to me that you're not mafia.

A few assurances? I swore on my mother's life!

Regardless, this is poor play from a lot of you. It's far more important to be good at working out if people are guilty from their attitude and mannerisms. Evidence is much, much easier to forge than behaviour. That's why you need multiple links with evidence and not just one before you go lynching people left and right.

It's far more important to be good at working out if people are guilty from their attitude and mannerisms.

Good point. If we have no leads I will vote for the person who seems most suspicious later on.

At the moment, said suspicious person is nearing a majority.

Fine, information reveal it is. On my phone now, expect me to make a laptop post within half an hour. I'd like for it not to have to come to this but no one here seems able to accurately judge character.

Expect any speed lynch now to be a clear sign of scum.

^ You sound like that typical Mafioso who likes to act like he's not sure for the sake of looking more innocent, Jonnas. :p

I'd also like to point out that Rummy ONCE AGAIN is showing uber sense in not speed lynching me and stepping back to use judgement. Here's a tip for everyone - I know I'm not Mafia (even if you're not convinced, I obviously know this) so I can safely assume that one or more of the following people who jumped in with a vote on me are Mafia. Direct all hostility / tracking towards these people:

Yvonne

Diageo

DuD

Dohnut

Jimbob

I may as well do a full reveal. Once my role is out I'm a prime target for the Mafia anyway. And the more I can help before then the better.

Anyway, I'm the Chief of Police. Bernard Hogan-Howe. A good guy! I can investigate people and find out their power, and who they targeted that night. Before you say 'blah blah chief of police was being bribed in the writeup', this would likely refer to my night 1 response when I targeted @Cube:

Night 1: Targeted Cube, a man gave me enough money to persuade me to investigate Animal instead. Animal is a lie detector and works during the day.

^ I could have blanked his name here but I am essentially wanting him to confirm I'm telling the truth anyway by detecting my 'I am town' post, at which point his identity would be known. So yeah, there is a lie detector Dohnut!

Night two: Targeted Yvonne and found out he is a Spin Doctor. He targeted Tales. This agrees with what Yvonne said. But this response annoyed me as it didn't really tell me what Yvonne actually did, unlike my first reply.

Night three: Targeted The Peeps and discovered he's a redirector. He targeted gmac and himself. Seems reasonable.

Night four: Targeted Cube and found him to be a redirector. He targeted The Peeps.

So there ya go. I'll die either way now, but if you guys lynch me then damn that be stupid.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

While I'm positive Animal can confirm all that rubbish (unless he's already used his ability today, in which case he can do it tomorrow), I've just noticed your "perfect" planning of you "forgetting" that I also targeted you on night 4, strangely mixed with a complete lack of accusation, which would cause someone else to noticed and be blamed for spearheading a wrong lynch.

Lynch: Sheikah

Well played.

Well, thanks guys.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

While I'm positive Animal can confirm all that rubbish (unless he's already used his ability today, in which case he can do it tomorrow), I've just noticed your "perfect" planning of you "forgetting" that I also targeted you on night 4, strangely mixed with a complete lack of accusation, which would cause someone else to noticed and be blamed for spearheading a wrong lynch.

Lynch: Sheikah

Well played.

If you targeted me on day 4 then there is absolutely no mention of you targeting me in my PM. Also your post makes no sense - if you targeted me on day 4 and you are a redirector as my post says then unless you redirected me to yourself I wouldn't have found out about you and your role. I'd have gone and detected someone else. The ONLY reason there could be confusion here, as far as I can see, is if you are Mafia OR if Yvonne, being a spin doctor, can manipulate the information received in PMs. In this case, the information I received on N4.

And that's no the only odd thing in your post. You try to discredit my information yet seem to buy into the fact that @Animal is indeed a lie detector. In which case, you are confirming my role as an ability identifier to be correct as I am the one who identified him as a lie detector, yet claiming I am lying about other things. I don't see why/how you think you can decide what is right and wrong in my posts.

Lastly, I don't get why you call for Animal to detect my post tomorrow if he has used his power today. By tomorrow I will be dead because it's most votes to lynch. So by tomorrow, I will be confirmed town and I'd imagine most people would take my post to be true (or at least know that I was telling the truth to the best of my knowledge). But IF people genuinely believe I am mafia, it would also be announced in the writeup thus my post revealing my role/targets would probably be ignored ie. people would assume I lied and not waste a lie detector use on it. Either way there's no way you'd call for a lie detection on it.

All this adds up to you being at the top as a Mafia suspect, or extremely misled. I'd wager the former.

Obviously I will be lynched here and the number of you who voted me who were town (statistically can't all be Mafia) will realise you're wrong. Quite annoyed Animal has not stepped in to say anything in my defence about my detection of him being correct! If he's town then obviously he will be likely killed by the Mafia in the not so distant future so he may as well speak up.

Remember the scum-eminating players here, particularly Yvonne, Cube and DuD, with outliers being Diageo and to a lesser extent Dohnut. I'm leaving my hopes with you Rummy, don't let me down.

I had fun guys, even if you got it wrong. I'll leave saying that sometimes you have to look beyond the logical approach. It's the Mafia's sole job to fuck with you and make a town lynch look like the most logical thing on Earth. That way you come to the conclusion to lynch them yourself, and shoulder the blame for the incorrect lynch when it goes tits up rather than the Mafia themselves.

Thanks for the game, and I'll leave you with a pre-emptive "I told you so." :heh:

@Cube I have just considered something. If I have been detected as scum by Yvonne, truly, then there is a good chance some Mafioso is disguising as me. That might explain why when you did something to me, you perhaps did it to them instead and why I had no mention of it in my writeup. It's a very good explanation as I am, categorically, 100% not Mafia.

So either Yvonne is a lying Mafioso that is claiming I am evil, or that some Mafioso led you both astray. The latter option would kill two birds in one stone in explaining this matter.

One last post to add fuel to this explanation @Cube! At the bottom of today's newspaper it says I'm taking bribes. At first I thought this was referring to an older instance of when I was redirected - the first night when I was told I was accepting a bribe to go to someone else.

But now it all makes sense after mulling it over. I didn't get any information about being redirected. Indeed, I was NOT redirected as I found out about you, the person I intended to find out about. But today's paper still SAYS I was taking bribes, and I got no PM back saying I was redirected. Clearly a Mafioso disguised as me, and you redirected THEM. That would explain why it was mentioned in today's paper. Think about it - why would I hide that you redirected me? And then if you had redirected me, and not redirected someone who looked like me, why would I have found out about you?

It's taken linking some thoughts together to get me to this conclusion and obviously without post edits the nature of this combined post will appear to have changed somewhat. But if you read this far, I'm going to say disregard my accusations of Cube for now. It's possible he's Mafia but right now I'm leaning towards him being misled.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

Elect:Rummy

As leader of the house, I currently advise that everybody calms down a bit until we confirm Yvonne's power. @mr\-paul, when is day end? @Yvonne, you're an investigator but stayed rather quiet about it? I understand why, building info over the course of game without risk to yourself, but surely you have other useful information? Who have been your targets and findings? I'm not placing any votes until your power is confirmed, either by yourself or others.

I'm fairly convinced from Yvonne's rather quiet, bare post, and Dohnut's following up on it, that this is certainly a mafia lynch train. I'd advise removal of votes by those who've voted for Sheikah before we here from @Yvonne.

@Diageo @DuD @Nintendohnut @Jimbob @Cube

Btw if this day ends with Sheikah's lynch and he's town, I'm fairly sure ol' Ken Clarke'll be found in the sewers tomorrow.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

VOTE STANDINGS:

Leader of the House

Rummy (7): Nintendohnut, Sheikah, Jonnas, Rummy, Tales

Expulsion from the inquiry

DuD (2): Jonnas

Sheikah (6): Yvonne, Diageo, DuD, Nintendohnut, Jimbob, Cube

Yvonne (4): Sheikah, Rummy, Tales

@Rummy day ends when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Well I know I'm not mafia Rummy, and I also know that there's at least one person who can confirm this to be true. So either you're lying about everything, including your power (which I have reason to believe is the case) or you're just very confused.

What's interesting, to me, is that after investigating me you actually voted for Yvonne, despite there being more evidence for me. I'm not wanting you to vote for me, obviously, but I thought it was interesting.

If this is the mafia's last attempt to save their own it's a great ploy. Take out our investigator with a lynch NOT ACTUALLY BASED on your investigation. When Yvonne turns out to be town, you can say "oh well, I didn't investigate him and he looked really scummy. However I DID investigate Dohnut, let's lynch him!" - that's two lynches in two days of townies without much suspicion on you. Your results won't be called into question tonight because you haven't actually investigated Yvonne, and tomorrow you can use the results to kill me too. Along with two mafia kills (assuming they are both successful) that's potentially four townies down, which must put the mafia pretty close to majority.

Basically, I'm calling bullshit. And seeing as there is someone in this game that knows I'm a townie, there's going to be someone to back me up.