• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotland team to face Luxembourg:

Gilks

Dixon, Hanley, Berra, Whittaker

D Fletcher, Mulgrew, Shinnie, Naismith,

Miller, Rhodes

First cap for Caley Thistle midfielder Andrew Shinnie.

Decent line up as we had a lot of players pull out. Will be interested to see how the squad actually lines up as I would've put Mulgrew in defence.

Scotland team to face Luxembourg:

Gilks

Dixon, Hanley, Berra, Whittaker

D Fletcher, Mulgrew, Shinnie, Naismith,

Miller, Rhodes

First cap for Caley Thistle midfielder Andrew Shinnie.

Decent line up as we had a lot of players pull out. Will be interested to see how the squad actually lines up as I would've put Mulgrew in defence.

Nice to see Shinnie getting his first cap, I went to the same school as him, he used to run rings round most people.

Internationals are back :)

Ireland have a friendly with Greece tonight, won't be watching it though as RTE don't have broadcast rights for friendlies and I don't have Sky Sports anymore :(

Apparently the stadium will be near empty too with just 15,000 tickets sold (capacity is like 60,000 I think)

But looking at the starting line up for Ireland it is good to see near enough new look team.

GK: Forde

Defence: Coleman, O'Shea, Clark, Ward,

Midfield: McClean, Whelan, McCarthy, Brady,

Forwards: Cox, Long.

First choice keeper Westwood was a late pull out due to injury so Forde was called in.

The only issue I'd have with that team would be John O'Shea.... though the only other person that could go there would be Richard Dunne and he still injured.

Really liking the look of this team, lots of young blood. The prospect of McClean and Brady on each wing sounds great, really hoping they pull off a great performance.

And great to see Shane Long get the start.

Though I'd be worried that Trap is only making all these changes cause it a friendly and when the qualifiers start again next year he'll revert back to his "favourites". As I said great to see Shane Long starting tonight, he should be a regular starter for Ireland in every match but somehow I bet Robbie Keane gets the nod come the qualifiers and Long gets left on the bench :(

Good also to see Clark starting and no sign of O'Dea :)

But like the Keane/Long situation bet Trap reverts to O'Dea come the next competitive game :(

And sigh

Ireland lost 1-0 to Greece in the friendly.

Shame too, feel sorry for the young players that were given the chance but this will likely just ensure Trap goes "you wanted me to try them, I did and it didn't work" and revert back to his "favourites" of Championship level and MSL "stars".

From what I've read on the game they started well but tactically were still playing the same long ball tactics and not keeping the ball and passing. This was Traps other downfall, he can make the changes to the players that is needed but it means little if he can't come up with better tactics than the long ball chasing. :(

1352928097133_0.gif

daaaammmn

holy fucking shit what a goal.

So SFL have announced plans for restructuring of the league which will now as such:

The 30 Scottish Football League clubs have unanimously voted to propose a new three-tier league structure of 16, 10 and 16 teams for season 2014-15.

Its top-flight would be called the Premier Division, the second the Championship and the third would be called the First Division

So let me get this right it's going to go:

Premier League

Premier Division

Championship

First Division

WTF...

holy fucking shit what a goal.

So SFL have announced plans for restructuring of the league which will now as such:

So let me get this right it's going to go:

Premier League

Premier Division

Championship

First Division

WTF...

Read the next sentence in the article.

Couldn't Scotland think of their own names? Fair enough loads of leagues are called Premier League or a variant in their language. But The Championship? Come on, as far as I'm aware only we are stupid enough to give that to the second tier of football.

Top division for the proposed new system is is called The Scottish Premier Division. Then we have the Championship, yeah it's copying England, but it's also copying the most commercially successful second tier of football in Europe.

I think the name works well for it as out of the 10 clubs there is the possibility of 3 going up and 3 going down so will be big change and makes it more exciting each season as any club could get promoted to the Premier Division.

Read the next sentence in the article.

Oh yeah haha...ok I'm just so used to this idea of the SPL being it's separate entity.

Awesome goal..... and it only now I remember Sweden are in our qualifying group and our next competitive game in March.... damnit... I more scared now :(:shakehead

Meh O'Dea will have Imbrahimovic in his back pocket no worries :P

Considering Sweden would be pretty shit without Ibrahimovic, why didn't England have somebody man marking him? Somebody big and strong to counteract Ibrahimovic's strength and presence.

To be fair we were in control of the game until Roy made quite a few subs.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!