NEurope
Retro_Link

Nintendo Land

Zelda, Pikmin, Metroid, Mario

Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Yoshi, ???

DK, Takamaru, F-Zero, Balloon Fight?

The last one is obviously a high octoroc.

Centre right is an Octorok.

Edit: Oh, I'd buy it if it's reasonably priced (£20).

Edited by Ike

I thought it was Birdo!

Actually scratch that idea, it's DEFINITELY the Octopus from the Game & Watch game of the same name...

octopus.png

Edited by daftada

This has to be bundled in with the console. It'll be fun and a great Wii U showcase, but people will balk at buying it.

I suspect the only reason they didn't announce it as coming with the console is that they plan on releasing it separately in Japan, like Wii Sports.

Yeah they mentioned something like that in the roundtable. I'm sure it'll be great fun. It's no Wii Bowling though :)

Gobsmacked they never announced Wii U Sports!

Some F-Zero screenshots. If Nintendo does monitor user playtime on these games, please everyone play this to death so they actually make a proper new game. :heh:

If this comes bundled with the console then great. I don't think I'd buy it seperately though.

I think it's a really bad sign that we're not getting an F-Zero anytime soon!

f2.jpg

fzeroland.jpg

I think @dazzybee is right, I think Nintendo will think this is enough to keep F-Zero fans happy, that they've thought about the series and included it in this.

Same way they probably think they gave us Waverace and 1080 on the Wii through Wii Sports Resort/Wii Fit Plus, and Mario Tennis and Mario Golf through Wii Sports! :p

Hopefully they're working on a 3DS version, it's a game that would look incredible in 3D, but honestly a home console on a huge HD screen is where I want to be playing F-Zero.

---

Also, could the lack of a Starfox logo be an indication that a StarFox game is in the works?

Could be Retro's title, and a possible launch title, and thus why they don't want to give us Starfox in this aswell at launch?

To be honest, I'm surprised, and partially relieved, that Pokémon isn't included in this. Considering it's Nintendo's biggest non-Mario franchise, it's a bit weird that they've missed it but put in Balloon Flight

To be honest, I'm surprised, and partially relieved, that Pokémon isn't included in this. Considering it's Nintendo's biggest non-Mario franchise, it's a bit weird that they've missed it but put in Balloon Flight

Every game included in Nintendo Land is based off an EAD/R&D1 made franchise, so there's a reason why Pokemon would be absent and Balloon Fight gets 1st class treatment.

Hopefully they're working on a 3DS version, it's a game that would look incredible in 3D, but honestly a home console on a huge HD screen is where I want to be playing F-Zero.

Yes, home consoles please. And don't make it casual friendly.

Seriously, they completely mangled the heck out of Pilotwings Resort. One tiny island? F**king Miis instead of Goose and the guys?

This game is a disaster and I hope you all will stick your Nintendo Land discs in a blender, along with the still packaged box.

I won't have anything bad said of Balloon Fight :mad:

I suspect the only reason they didn't announce it as coming with the console is that they plan on releasing it separately in Japan, like Wii Sports.

That makes some sense, a lot of sense actually.....

God i hope so

that said the idea of this grows on me, i think at e3 the focus on that one luigi game and lots of panning around the main square really turned me off, but looking at it without that bloke waffling on has made me interested in it a bit

I'd pay £20-25 tops

This game is a disaster and I hope you all will stick your Nintendo Land discs in a blender, along with the still packaged box.

What? Have you played it all and tried all the mini-games? Were they all that bad? It's good to have someone with such wonderful insider knowledge here on the forums! I'm convinced already, my copy is headed right to the blender, I shall not even be taking off the factory seal!

This whole thing (and Miiverse) seems a bit sneaky to me. Get casual gamers interested in Samus, Link etc, then I'm sure they'll be grateful when they buy the "proper" games and can't get past the first boss in Metroid or do the first dungeon in Zelda.

The problem with this was not that it appeared when we had far higher expectations and when we didn't even want it, but that it doesn't even look good. As a concept I would be somewhat impressed if it had a "Nintendo" look to it, and not a "Mii" look.

No actual Nintendo characters around, hardly anything recognisable, that weird patchwork floor is an abomination to style and design.

What? Have you played it all and tried all the mini-games? Were they all that bad? It's good to have someone with such wonderful insider knowledge here on the forums! I'm convinced already, my copy is headed right to the blender, I shall not even be taking off the factory seal!

It's Wii Sports for the Wii U. Only this time it's dragging other, much better franchises with it.

Did you watch the post-presentation thing? That god awful Donkey Kong themed thing? The F-Zero thing with Miis, which from what I've heard is über slow, so casuals can play it and also has worse graphics than F-Zero GX. Heck, the art style makes it look worse than F-Zero X. Or that Zelda garbage, where Link looks like a poor mans Little Big Planet character. Link should NEVER be a poor mans anything! Zelda was and should remain the creme de la creme of videogames.

Whether any of the minigames are any good doesen't matter. From what I've heard people saying, Nintendo will be able to track what players are doing, to know what people like and dislike. Well, then I want my total play time on that game to be ZERO. If my casual friend whom knows it's packed with the Wii U comes over and asks to play it, I want to say "Sorry, we can't play it, I 'accidentaly' blended it", just so my playtime will remain zero. I hope that all gamers will unite and show Nintendo what we think of this garbage, this blasphemy, so they'll start making real games again.

Yes, that would be glorious: turn it in to a movement where Nintendo fans record themselves blending, burning och in other ways destroying their factory sealed Nintendoland discs, so that noone at Nintendo will be able to access the internet without hearing about this "hot new craze".

Nintendo have super talented studios, they have many of the best games of all times on their resumé. So why did they show this turkey on an E3 Expo that they KNEW would make or break the Wii U? I was more hyped after seing the Zelda demo last year, than from seeing anything Nintendo showed yesterday.

That makes some sense, a lot of sense actually.....

God i hope so

that said the idea of this grows on me, i think at e3 the focus on that one luigi game and lots of panning around the main square really turned me off, but looking at it without that bloke waffling on has made me interested in it a bit

I'd pay £20-25 tops

I'd pay that much if the Wii U came packed in with it. If on the other hand it comes packed with the Wii U (more likely:nono:), I'll destroy it without even playing it.

Edited by Hogge
Automerged Doublepost

Best game of E3 2012 alongside LEGO City: Undercover, imo (so far, that is). Definitely looking forward to playing everything, as well as just hanging around in the park.

The Animal Crossing attraction in particular looks absolutely beautiful and amazing! <3

EDIT:

Hogge, I think you have misunderstood the concept here. This is not just a minigame collection. This is not supposed to be 12 games in one. This is a theme park for the Miis, inspired by Nintendo games.

Link doesn't look like anything in this game because Link isn't in this game - there are Mii characters dressed up in different coloured Link costumes to play in the Zelda-themed attraction.

The attractions don't look just like the games they are inspired by. They don't look as if they're set in the game world they are inspired by. Why? Because they're not.

They are theme park replicas.

Edited by FireMeowth

Yeah I agree, tbh I quite like the look of this, and if I get a Wii U at launch it'll likely be a title that I get.

I wonder if Nintendo will record statistics of what games are played the most and use that to determine what franchises have the most demand.

As in, massive logical fallacy, totally ignoring people will play the good minigames the most, regardless of franchise.

Hopefully they don't do anything like this.

The F-Zero and Zelda games look the best in my view. Looking forward to trying them out

Gameplay and talk about some of the other games in this such as DK, Zelda, F-Zero etc...

Wii U: now packed with 12 awful games!

Sorry, but everything about this game just made me yawn. When I heard about the Zelda themed thing, I was hyped.

Same here, but I was very interested by the Luigi's Ghost Mansion game, it looked quite fun.