Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Pikmin 3

Retro_Link

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else feel guilty when they kill a butterfly?

Especially when my daughter asks me "Why did you just kill that butterfly, is he a baddy?"

And my answer is... "No, but I get 1 extra Pikmin"

Am I a monster? :(

Think of it as a life-lesson for your child, it's like the circle of life... sort of. :D

As an aside I didn't know you could kill them but I did think about throwing a Pikmin or two at one 'just to see' but now that I know the truth, things will never be the same; all butterflies must die for the good of Pikmin-kind! :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637126

If you downloaded from GAME early...there may be an issue. Nintendo may not activate the Wonderful 101 promotion for you

Yeah just mentioned this. They would HAVE to. How is it our fault that Game sent the codes out early?! Nintendo better not be utter cunts about this. I'm sure it's the only reason a lot of us did it.

Though actually, thinking about it, based on logic, their usual discounts are based on whether you have the game stored or not. Why would it look to when you downloaded the game?!

I'm 10.5 hours in and at what I presume is the last level. Probably a few hours collecting the remaining fruit and then back to the end. Probably 15 hours all in. It does feel too short. Could easily do with an extra level or two. It is incredible, so not complaining too much, but I really couldn't believe it was the end, didn't feel right.

If you downloaded from GAME early...there may be an issue. Nintendo may not activate the Wonderful 101 promotion for you

I can see both sides of the argument. It's not the consumers fault they got it early but at the same time Nintendo clearly stated that the promotion started 26th July.

I'm 10.5 hours in and at what I presume is the last level. Probably a few hours collecting the remaining fruit and then back to the end. Probably 15 hours all in. It does feel too short. Could easily do with an extra level or two. It is incredible, so not complaining too much, but I really couldn't believe it was the end, didn't feel right.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with the story length as well. Pikmin 2 was longer and with this being in the oven for so long, I was expecting a meatier experience. Still, it's a cracking game though.

Like wise @Blade, although got to work at 1, went for my run at 7, cooked my lunch for this afternoon whilst having breakfast when back, now ploughing time into before work, an hour left before I leave, got to cram as many days in as possible! (And have a shower too...)

This is the best game I've played on Wii U so far in my opinion. It's just...ahh can't even describe it, it just is. Full of everything I love about Nintendo games. It's also the best Pikmin game for me, usually there is at least one level I hate, but all 4 so far have been an utter joy to explore and play through.

I had thought when buying this I may use it as a trade in against Splinter Cell end of the month. With the sniff of DLC in the air, that absolutely won't be happening! :D

This at home, AC/Mario and Luigi on the commute and at work, life as a Nintendo gamer is good right now! :)

Turns out that it's not to do with the broken street date after all. Apparently, retail download codes don't count towards the promotion at all.

Just got a reply back from Nintendo UK...

Thank you for your email regarding the Pikmin 3 (30% off Wonderful 101) promotion.

In regards to your query, the offer is only available to customers who purchase the Pikmin 3 software title through the Nintendo eShop on the release day 30th July 2013. In relation to Nintendo Network Premium points, we are currently investigating this matter with our head office. Please allow us 3 – 7 working days to provide you with a response on the matter.

I do hope that this information is of benefit to you. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards, Ollie Malloy.

Nintendo of Europe GmbH, Nintendo Center, 63760 Großostheim, Germany.

That's pretty crappy TBH. They did not make that distinction between direct eShop downloads and retail download codes clear at all and plenty of sites like NintendoLife were under the impression that download codes counted towards the promotion as well, so it's not just me...

I'm glad that they're looking to sort out the DDP points issue (it's not just me who has not recieved them and you are supposed to recieve them from download codes - I've gotten them before from one I redeemed), but I'm not happy about missing out on that promotion as that was part of the reason why I bought that download code in the first place (that and it let me get the game early, while allowing me to lend my physical copy to my cousin).

I won't lose any sleep over it (it's not exactly a great deal anymore - you'd only save £2 by buying both games direct, instead of buying both via download codes from GAME), but I'm not happy :(

Edited by Dcubed

That's pretty crappy TBH. They did not make that distinction between direct eShop downloads and retail download codes clear at all and plenty of sites like NintendoLife were under the impression that download codes counted towards the promotion as well, so it's not just me...

If you buy Pikmin 3 from the Nintendo Wii U eShop between July 26th & September 21st you can buy W101 for 30% off from Wii U eShop once it's released.

There was no distinction between purchasing methods because Shibata said it directly, he told us the requirements right there and then. Anything else others just assumed.

You got to admit that Nintendo have been giving us some great promotions, and as a good deal as this was some people just jumped the gun a bit.

Huh!? Now it seems that they've changed their mind...

I just got another email telling me to disregard the last one, which states the following...

Thank you for your email regarding the Pikmin 3 Promotion.

Apologies for our previous email. In regards to your query, the offer is available to customers who purchase the Pikmin 3 software title through the Nintendo eShop (available from 26th July 2013) and pre-release date via download codes from high street retailers. Pikmin 3 has to be downloaded using the same Nintendo eShop account on the same Wii U console.

In relation to Nintendo Network Premium points, you are still eligible to receive your points. We are aware that some customers have not received their points and we are currently investigating this. Please allow 3 - 7 working days in order to reply with a resolution. Please rest assured that the points will be added as soon as possible.

Apologies once again. We do hope that this information is of benefit to you. Should you require any further assistance in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Ollie Malloy

So it seems that they're honouring the promotion for those who got it from GAME before the release date, but not for those who bought download codes afterwards!? Confusing :confused:

Seems like a quick fix patchwork solution, as they probably didn't intend for GAME to start selling them before Friday, but hey! I'm not complaining :)

So it seems that they're honouring the promotion for those who got it from GAME before the release date, but not for those who bought download codes afterwards!? Confusing :confused:

Seems like a quick fix patchwork solution, as they probably didn't intend for GAME to start selling them before Friday, but hey! I'm not complaining :)

That's good to hear. Nice to see them act so quickly as well to get this sorted out. : peace:

Well obviously. I said it earlier and I've been telling an almost in tears @david\.dakota all morning. These promotions only look for the game on your system, it will have no idea when you bought the game and how you bought the game.

They can detect if you bought it via download code or by direct purchase in your purchase history (the DDP website mentions how you purchased a game), but all of their promotions so far have ignored any differences between the two - hence why I assumed that everything would work just fine.

I can see why they might want to limit it to direct eShop purchases (since they don't need to split the revenue with a retailer in that case) but if they wanted to do that, then they should specify in the promotion, clearly stating that download codes don't count towards it.

Oh well, it's all sorted out now anyway so I'm happy. No harm done :)