NEurope
Cube

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

To be unveiled at E3's press conference, from Criterion Games is another Need for Speed re-imagining.

First screenshot:

35n37a0.jpg

While I'm sure this will be an amazing game, this news is a colossal disappointment for me.

If it'll be amazing, why will it be a "colossal disappointment"?

Because this is instead of a Burnout game, and we're long overdue a new one.

Ah, fair enough. Burnout is an amazing series. Is this Crieterions first Need For Speed? If so, maybe it could dust be burn out in another name!

It's their second - they did the recent Hot Pursuit, which was great but did lack in something I can't really describe. It's kind of like how people say Nintendo games have a kind of "Nintendo magic".

Hasn't there already been a game called this?

There was a game called Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit before Criterion made a new one.

So basically what you're saying is that the series has run for so long that they've run out of names. :p

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I want Need For Speed Underground 3

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I want Need For Speed Underground 3

I'm sure EA will get Criteion to make Need for Speed: Underground next.

I hope the handling is much nicer than Hot pursuit. That felt like it was on ice the entire time.

Don't know what you lot are bitching about it looks like a cross between Burnout and most wanted which in my book is a good thing - loved both those titles for pure racing action.

I really enjoyed the Need for Speed Underground games and the original Most Wanted on the Gamecube. Haven't played one since, will be interesting to see how this turns out.

It looks like it might as well be a follow up to Paradise, so ME GUSTA.

Stuff mentioned in an interview:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-need-for/731092?

- Boost

- Freeburn online

- Challenges

- Billboards

- Smash Gates

- Takedowns

- Road Rules

- When you finish the race you can do what you want (even interfere with the other racers)

- No race grid for races. When a race is chosen you drive to a spot. Once everyone is there the 3-second countdown starts. So if you're late and facing the wrong way...tough look (although you can always slowly reverse to the spot).

- It looks like there is a lot more freedom off the roads than Paradise.

- Twitter/Facebook intergration

- Handling looks much more like Paradise than Hot Pursuit.

- Fair Haven City

Fuck me, that's awesome! Always wanted a 'sequel' to Burnout Paradise and here it is :)

OMG all that stuff from the gametrailers interview sounds awesome...

Gamespot have got it up next on their live stream, watching it on twitch.tv

I hope its more like paradise over hot pursuit. I miss the NFS customisation days though.

This is deffo my most anticipated game of 2012. Loved me some Burnout and Hot Pursuit and this just look like a mash up with all the best bits of both in one kickass title.

Nice little feature all about it here.

One thing that crossed my mind today....wasn't there already a game called Need for Speed: Most Wanted this gen? So why no 2 or another dumb sub title?

It's best not to think too hard about these things, Flameboy.

There's also Hot Pursuit, which is a sequel to Hot Pursuit 2, which is itself a sequel to Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit.