N-Europe

Shin Megami Tensei IV (30th Oct)

killer kirby

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll get this. I have only player Persona 3 from this series before and so far it has been a bit... boring.

BTW, is it confirmed who will release this in Europe? I have understood, that Nintendo will, but I have not found any certain information.

Yes, NISA is bringing Soul Hackers and Etrian Odyssey 4. Ghostlight still has rights to bring Devil Survivor 2, but we haven't heard anything on it since March.

Might be interesting tough, if SMT IV, Sould Hackers and Devil Survivor 2 would all release around the same time, all by different publishers. Regarding SMT IV, I believe it should be coming Q3 2013 in Europe, but after that Direct, we haven't heard anything. If it's really coming this Fall, it probably is not by NISA, as their page does not mention it. Soul Hackers and Etrian Odyssey 4 are there.

I think I'll get this. I have only player Persona 3 from this series before and so far it has been a bit... boring.

Well all I know is that the Persona games are a spin-off from the main Megami Tensei series, although the Persona series as a whole has been well received so you should at least finish it off if you get the chance so you can try some of the other games.

• 10 months later...

Apparently NoE are working on the translation.

French Nintendo honcho Stéphane Bole gave an interview for the web version of a major French publication (LeFigaro.fr), in which he talks about sales in France and various stuff.

What caught my attention is that right after he mentions how Bravely Default sold 60 000 units in France (a respectable number), he mentions that they are "hard at work on the French translation of Shin Megami Tensei, another Japanese RPG".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Never played a Shin Megami Tensei game. It's supposed to be like Persona? Played Persona 4 Golden (well...not much, but...).

What's the series like? Do I need to play the first games to understand IV? I love JRPGs and would like to use my 3DS again before Smash.

If you haven't played much of P4G then stop what you're doing and don't even think about playing anything else until you complete it. ;)

Blabla. I know it's a great game. But it's too time consuming to play right now. I can hardly manage The Last of Us :p