Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Arrow (TV Show)

Happenstance

Supernatural is a weird one because they obviously finished the main story they wanted to tell but I think while the show isnt as good as it used to be, the characters are so good and they're still managing to milk that lore well enough that they dont feel the need to end it yet I guess. Plus I think it still does really good numbers for them.

I was actually just thinking about buying the Supernatural blu-ray set last night to watch them all again but I decided to save my money and rewatch it on Netflix.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention it's getting a spin-off.

I do pretty much agree with you. The characters are great but I think the whole thing is starting to suffer from needing to one-up the big-bad. I think it would be nice if it moved away from Christian mythology and went a little more Lovecraftian.

Death is my favourite character. Every time he shows up it's awesome.

They better call this new lair the Quiver!

Dont think it was mentioned in this thread but I was certainly talking bout it somewhere (probably FB?) the question though is where in the Constantine continuity would it be placed? After the show got cancelled? Before the show started?

Either way I damn hope it leads to that show being renewed

TV is going to be so crazy good starting next month. Arrow and Flash back, along with Gotham and SHIELD, Minority Report starting, Supergirl the following month. It's a great time to be into this stuff, if only Smallville had come along in this era....

Huh, first time I googled them I'm sure I saw September dates. Well, my point almost stands since I said "starting" next month...

Still, kicks off in September for me, I really got into Gotham towards the end, SHIELD had an epic cliffhanger and Minority Report looks excellent. Plus Destiny and Fallout 4... jeez I should book some holiday just for all this shit :p

Edited by Shorty

• 3 weeks later...
I'm going to resist, and probably stay out of this thread from now! I remember the Season 3 trailer being quite spoilery.

Hmm depends on your definition of spoilery. To me it's just largely showing what you'd expect given how things ended last season and also some glimpses into the big bad, but if you think that's too much yeah it's best to stay away.

• 1 month later...

Another good episode. I think this season seems more focused than the previous one, and I quite like the tone.

I just didn't like how Felicity runs that company. That's just too much.

Also, Sarah should be in a much worse state after more than six months in the grave.

Other than that, good ep.

Oh, by the way:

Do we all agree that the only possible person buried there was Felicity? :(

Do we all agree that the only possible person buried there was Felicity?

:(

Felicity is the obvious choice... too obvious in fact especially with her being involved in the previous scene, that it seems like a redherring

I watched the scene again and there is no indication of gender to the person in the grave. So could be anyone. Could be Diggle? Could be Thea? Laurel?

I do kind of hope it is Lance given he has gotten in bed with the Devil so to speak but I don't think his death would give Oliver such a reaction.

Felicity is the obvious choice... too obvious in fact especially with her being involved in the previous scene, that it seems like a redherring

I watched the scene again and there is no indication of gender to the person in the grave. So could be anyone. Could be Diggle? Could be Thea? Laurel?

I do kind of hope it is Lance given he has gotten in bed with the Devil so to speak but I don't think his death would give Oliver such a reaction.

I agree, it was too obvious - but why else would Barry Allen be there? Who else does he know so well that he would go to Star City to attend a funeral?

Diggle is also a possibility, though. That would probably lure Barry Allen to Star City as well. Thea would be third on the list, while Laurel is completely off the list.

I agree, it was too obvious - but why else would Barry Allen be there? Who else does he know so well that he would go to Star City to attend a funeral?

Diggle is also a possibility, though. That would probably lure Barry Allen to Star City as well. Thea would be third on the list, while Laurel is completely off the list.

Barry didn't seem to be upset at all. He seemed to be there purely to support Ollie.

I'm not really sure about the direction Arrow is going in. I'm all for comic book fun, but it's getting pretty ridiculous in places, really corny enemies that would make for bad villains even in the pages of an actual comic. The ridiculous decisions that characters like Laurel and Thea keep making are really killing their characers. Reusing that shitty corridor set for the Hive is giving me Smallville flashbacks. I'm not going to touch on some of the contrived, spell-everything-out dialogue. And the latest episode had it's own frozen laser beams stupid moment:

Get in a secret lift to the secret base, and 5 seconds later the bad guy walks through the front door...?

I still go back each week and there's plenty to love, but... I'm just worried, is all.

Edited by Shorty

Get in a secret lift to the secret base, and 5 seconds later the bad guy walks through the front door...?

Hahaha, YES! That was just ... incredible!

I, on the contrary, quite like the direction the show is going - albeit what Thea and Laurel are doing is just wrong on so many levels that I once again started to dislike Laurel once agian. Thea is not so bad, though.

I have also wondered how they get to Nanda Parbat so quickly all the time - and that the place even has a landing strip for air planes. But that might just be me.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!