N-Europe

EX Troopers (Lost Planet) 3DS

Cube

Lost Planet 3's announcement was a surprise (largely because the franchise didn't seem popular), and yet there's another Lost Planet game.

This time on PS3 and 3DS.

http://andriasang.com/con10y/capcom_extroopers/

Famitsu has first word on a new Capcom title this week. Titled Ex Troopers, this action shooting game is being developed for PS3 and 3DS release under the watch of producer Shintaro Kojima (Monster Hunter series).

Ex Troopers shares the same world view as Lost Planet. However, the game has an anime visual style and a school-themed story. According to a summary of Famitsu's article from Sinobi, the game looks like a science fiction Justice Gakuen. Between stages, the game uses a "manga demo" event system similar to what was used in Gravity Rush. Capcom will be using May'n for the game's theme song.

Although based on the style, and the fact it's not on the Xbox 360, I doubt it will be released outside Japan.

Trailer time.

- Bren: The main character who came to the academy on EDN-3rd from EDN-2nd. He's friendly and not shy, is driven by curiosity, and aims to be number one at everything he does.

- TeeKee: This special girl is a member of a snow pirate group that longs to live alongside EDN-3rd's native Akrid creatures.

- Chris Lanbert: An elite member of the academy with long experience in a Vitality Suit. He has confidence in his aim, and will come to consider Bren his rival.

- Julie Fliesher: The group's "mood maker." She's not only skilled with a Vitality Suit, but also has great knowledge and affection. She's secretly in love with Bren (or possibly his Vitality Suit, Gingira).

- Luan Forest: Luan entered the academy ahead of Bren and is his superior. He's devoted to data gathering, and has a lot of knowledge.

- Gingira: Bren's Vitality Suit. Gingira is a prototype with next generation AI which allows it to speak with its pilot and even automatically take simple actions. The Gingira name was given to it by Bren when he first boarded the machine. Gingira refers to Bren as "Master."

Although based on the style, and the fact it's not on the Xbox 360, I doubt it will be released outside Japan.

Don't count it out just yet http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/01/who-or-what-are-capcoms-e-x-troopers/

"Capcom may have a game called E.X. Troopers in the pipeline. We spotted a trademark for a potential title filed by Capcom Japan in the US and Europe."

I really like the graphics, I'll probably get the game just because of that lol

I thought that trailer was fantastic! nice action, great art style and I'm liking the manga transitions it goes well with the Cel-Shaded style of the game IMO. also during some of the gameplay it looked pretty smooth too! first impressions... really good.

I'm definitely going to be tracking this game now!

Art

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Screens

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Edited by -Dem0-

I like how the male characters got to pose normally, while the female characters made sure to show off their assets as much as possible. :indeed:

The gameplay looks mediocre at best, so this game had better have an amazing story with well-written characters to make up for it. The art style looks okay, at least. Not so much the fact that it looks like a PS2 game, but I like the use of comic book panels and stuff like that.

But I've never played a Lost Planet game, so maybe I just don't get it.

But I've never played a Lost Planet game, so maybe I just don't get it.

There isn't much to get. You lose energy as you get cold, you kill bugs to collect their heat, you jump or use a grappling hook and the game takes three seconds to respond, there's some mech things.

Essentially: You're on a cold planet. You need glowing blobs of heat energy. You kill bugs and monsters and stuff to get said heat energy.

I like how the male characters got to pose normally, while the female characters made sure to show off their assets as much as possible. :indeed:

I thought that too, first the woman turns to show her arse. Then the second thrusts her rack forward. It makes me want to buy the game even more. ¬_¬

To say it's a mech shooter, it showed little mech shit happening. One flew around space. I wanted to see some action!

This has the potential to be fucking awesome. I'm not a big fan of lost planet, but this looks like a comic styled Phantasy Star Online 2 (as in, it's a TPS type game).

If this is a party RPG type game (like Monster Hunter, God Eater Burst, Phantasy Star Portable), colour me interested. In fact, I'd be VERY surprised if it's not a party RPG, the trailer sort of hinted at multiplayer.

Edited by Debug Mode

Apparently all the screenshots and footage are of the 3DS version of the game :eek: But I've only read that from comments on Andria Sang, if only I could read all the text in the trailers and magazine scans.

The gameplay looks mediocre at best, so this game had better have an amazing story with well-written characters to make up for it. The art style looks okay, at least. Not so much the fact that it looks like a PS2 game, but I like the use of comic book panels and stuff like that.

I dunno about you but with the way Capcom's promoting a school setting and pop singers I'm not gonna get my hopes up for a good story, it's the kind of stuff you'd find in a low budget anime that emphasises cute characters over a plot of any kind.

This has the potential to be fucking awesome. I'm not a big fan of lost planet, but this looks like a comic styled Phantasy Star Online 2 (as in, it's a TPS type game).

If this is a party RPG type game (like Monster Hunter, God Eater Burst, Phantasy Star Portable), colour me interested. In fact, I'd be VERY surprised if it's not a party RPG, the trailer sort of hinted at multiplayer.

If it's anything at all like God Eater Burst then...

Edited by f00had

I'll be so disappointed if it isn't. Just look at the characters, they definitely look like the Humans, Casts and Newmans from the Phantasy Star series to me!

Looking at the fact that party RPG's sort of split in to two categories, Capcom maybe trying to make a move into the other one. You've got the hardcore non-levelling side that's Monster Hunter that is pretty much dependant on skill, then you have the levelling side that can be played a lot more casually which Phantasy Star Portable is like that is 'level to win' for a good portion of the game.

Looking forward to hearing more, though I'll most likely skip if it's a standard TPS.

Quite a lot of developers do this, although they usually implement those assets in other games of the same series or in remakes.

Although I feel bad for MML fans considering how Capcom pretty much shit on them and had some really shit excuses for their behaviour, we all know it's just not going to happen any more. Surely there's at least some joy in the fact that the process hasn't gone to waste? If they are indeed using Legends 3's assets, surely the game should have at least some appeal to them?

Although I'm not the best person to judge on this. I'm on the opposite side of their spectrum considering I'm very interested in this game from the get go and the fact I'm not the biggest Mega Man fan. I probably would have bought the demo but I doubt I would have got the full game until it got cheap. Still, I gave their '100,000 Strong for Brining Back Mega Man Legends 3' a like on Facebook ages ago because I really did feel awful how Capcom cheated them out of the game with just a little while to go before the demo was due out.

Edited by Debug Mode

• 1 month later...

Yup, planned for a 2012 sale date.

C'mon Capcom, make this into a party RPG! It looks really good, the art style is amazing and I really love the atmosphere. But the fact a lot of the enemies look like they're from PSO2 just has me wishing for some online RPG elements.

- Dai Sato is working on the game's scenario

- the home base "Academy" on EDN-3rd features a cafe, a development lab where the Vital Suits and weapons are made, and other facilities

- eat at the cafe to gain bonuses for your next mission

- features co-op multiplayer, with 3 players seemingly confirmed

- e-Capcom exclusive limited edition version which features a figure of heroine TeeKee

- there was also the debut of a promotional animation movie from animation studio Satelight

@Debug Mode, we may see some online capabilities through the co-op multiplayer. RPG elements? we'll have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...
This game looks extremely interesting. Sorry if I've missed it in one of the previous posts, but is there any mentioning of this game coming to EU? Thanks.

Not yet. Capcoms Sven will probably tease about a western release for a year or so and then then game will just not get released.