Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

why does the ps3 version has so much blur?

i love the pc version, and the wii u version, i am going to buy this for the wii u.

my cousin has this game for 360 and he is really addicted.

Apparently the PS3 versions single player mode is blurry in the SP campaign.

Does that really matter though? :blank:

All this cynicism and comparison is soul-sapping. I get that gamers are passionate about their hobby but this kind of nit-picking is killing the game industry. (no wonder a lot of developers focus on GFX 1st).

So the WiiU version doesn't have a pillow on a couch and the shadows aren't as good as the XBox version which devs have been working with since release.

(Just forget the local multiplayer and wiimote controls).

GAMEBREAKERS! :blank::indeed:

Edited by tapedeck

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the WiiU version doesn't have a pillow on a couch and the shadows aren't as good as the XBox version which devs have been working with since release.

(Just forget the local multiplayer and wiimote controls).

GAMEBREAKERS! :blank::indeed:

Couldn't agree more, outrage at a lack of pillows on a sofa which, since, the chap who put that on the net admitted they were there next time he played through. Who gives a hoot, I wouldn't have cared about that 30th November and frankly I wont, just looking forward to playing it!

Maybe I am naive but just looking forward to this and Wii U and no one will drag me down! :)

Not really interested in the game, but I'm sure some of you might be interested to hear this...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/neogaf/buttons/viewpost.gif

I own Black Ops 2 on Wii U.

I played some BOps2 last night..... IN BED!! It was so awesome to game on the gamepad with my console in the living room 20 feet away.

Voice Chat can be accomplished by plugging in a headset to the gamepad. I plugged in some iphone 5 earbuds and boom... voice chat enabled. I wasn't even expecting this at all too!

I played a bunch of online MP matches on the TV and Gamepad yesterday. The graphics are fine. I don't notice any shadow issues while playing, but i'm also not looking for issues while playing because I'm looking for enemies to take down. The graphics run @ 60 FPS a vast majority of the time. There might be some instances where it dips really quick if a lot of crazy action is going on, but the vast majority of gameplay is at or very close to 60 FPS.

If you were to walk into my living room and looked at the TV while i'm playing you wouldn't be able to tell if it's 360, PS3, or Wii U. They all look the same in motion honestly.

This is for multiplayer mode only. I didn't bother starting up the campaign.

You don't actually need a headset to do voice chat, just bog standard head/earphones will do (great if you're lying in bed playing the game :) )

Not really interested in the game, but I'm sure some of you might be interested to hear this...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/neogaf/buttons/viewpost.gif

You don't actually need a headset to do voice chat, just bog standard head/earphones will do (great if you're lying in bed playing the game :) )

You sure man? iPhone headphones have a mic....

Being able to use handsfree kits is great for those not wanting to fork out for a headset. I'll be picking up a headset though for sure!

One thing I've noticed in this game, across all versions, is that the footsteps in the game are almost inaudible. Very, very quiet. I don't like this as it makes Dead Silence almost redundant. Apparently using Awareness doesn't improve it much at all too from people's impressions.

I imagine Treyarch will patch this, they had the exact same situation with the first Black Ops where people complained and so they tuned the footsteps... which I hope they do as I'll be looking to sound-whore! Haha

That's the USP right there. Not a blurry pixel or two.

My WiiU is gonna sit in our TV room in the loft and my room is directly under it. Hope it works through floorboards!!

Should be fine then. Going by impressions, it seems that any room that is separated by only one wall/floor is pretty much guaranteed full coverage.

Otherwise, who knows?

So when viewing a game from Theatre Mode, if the person has been playing with the Wiimote, when aiming down sights it doesn't show the actual aiming, it fixes the gun in the centre of the screen so in some cases it looks like they're not shooting at the person they kill when in reality they were. As shown and pointed out in the video below...

It seems the headphones don't need a mic after all, the headphones activate the mic on the gamepad, so any headphones you own will work. Awesome, I've got some great ones!

That's great. I hope more developers implement voicechat in this way. Any review in at for this game yet? It's fairly disappointing that this is the last game that has a chance of being a killer app.

That's great. I hope more developers implement voicechat in this way. Any review in at for this game yet? It's fairly disappointing that this is the last game that has a chance of being a killer app.

I know what you mean but in truth, other than a 3D Mario a Metroid or a Zelda, this would always have been my most anticipated game!

CoD with Wiimote is truly the best console FPS!

I know what you mean but in truth, other than a 3D Mario a Metroid or a Zelda, this would always have been my most anticipated game!

CoD with Wiimote is truly the best console FPS!

Exactly, so let's hope it's not gimped. Batman and ZombiU had great potential but unfortunately they seem to be broken.

It seems the headphones don't need a mic after all, the headphones activate the mic on the gamepad, so any headphones you own will work. Awesome, I've got some great ones!

That is the best news one could possibly hear about this! It basically makes the issue of voice chat a non-issue anymore as ANYONE can afford to get themselves down to the pound shop to grab a set of headphones!

Actually you do still need a mic on your headphones.

Turns out the guy who made the video showing it working with just headphones didn't realise his headphones had a built in mic. It was the mic on his headphones that was giving him voice chat not the mic on the gamepad.

Somewhat dissappointing but still since ANY set of headphones with a built in mic (and 3.5mm jack) work you still don't need to shell out for a big fancy headset.

If you have a pair of Apple headphones with a mic or similar it will work for voice chat

Slight shame if it does need a mic (WHY?!?!?), but still a much better, much cheaper solution.

The hands in videos that are going about are saying the game is a perfect port of the 360 but with a few bonuses so I'm pretty confident this has nailed it.

Someone was saying they added someone as a friend in the game and it added them properly in miiverse. Obvious, but with it being nintendo you never know.

Someone was saying they added someone as a friend in the game and it added them properly in miiverse. Obvious, but with it being nintendo you never know.

Even more reason for me to ignore random friend/ally requests on CoD so :D

(I only add N-E peeps and people outside N-E I know in real life.....with the exception of Monster Hunter, ended up meeting so decent peeps on there)

Will the Wii U version be getting double xp on the launch weekend like the other consoles got?

No! Wii U gamers are hardcore - we don't need no double XP to get us started!

Slight shame if it does need a mic (WHY?!?!?), but still a much better, much cheaper solution.

Why it may not use the mic in the gamepad is pretty obvious actually. Many will play with the Wii Remote or CCP, hence they will need to plug a headset into the gamepad which will sit at a distance from them. If they were to use the mic in the gamepad it'd be too far away and you'd get the Wii Speak effect!

Either way, you can find a mobile handsfree headset with mic on eBay for two or three quid - less than the price of a pint!