N-Europe

Project X Zone (Capcom x Sega x Namco Bandai)

Dante

Do you think you can complete the demo with just standard attacks, if you time them well?
After reading your post I decided to give it a try, and sure enough, it is possible to complete the demo with just standard attacks. :awesome:

I lost 2 units doing it that way (didn't use any items/skills though), and it obviously takes longer to complete. Not as much fun either, as the OTT specials and cross attacks are so awesome. :hehe:

I don't really understand the special moves, cross attacks, supports etc.
They're basically ways to extend your turn, and can be used in combination with standard attacks to create combos that deal loads of damage.

Also a good way to finish off an enemy as you get bonus exp for doing so. ;)

Oh so the timing actually matters then?
Totally. Timing is fundamental for playing the game correctly.

Oh and yes I agree with you about Ulala. Total missed opportunity!
Yeah, such a shame. :sad:

I'm still hoping we'll eventually see a new SC5 game at some point... that mystery SEGA exclusive perhaps? :hehe:

After reading your post I decided to give it a try, and sure enough, it is possible to complete the demo with just standard attacks. :awesome:

I lost 2 units doing it that way (didn't use any items/skills though), and it obviously takes longer to complete. Not as much fun either, as the OTT specials and cross attacks are so awesome. :hehe:

Thanks so much. I just knew you'd gone off to do that. :laughing:

I can perform some of the special moves, it's just that I don't know which ones at which moments.

lol I forgot about Ulala, shame she's just a support character. I hope Demo B is better cause I had no idea who the hell the boss or the 2 characters that showed up with her were. I think Demo B will have a Ghosts & Goblins stage

• 1 month later...

Downloaded and played Demo B today. Another enjoyable demo too. Gave us another stage and some other characters to use. Was the final opponent/map boss more difficult than the last, or is it just me?

I found it easier to understand the game more this time around as well, XP vs EXP, how to land criticals consistently and also noticed the ability to use a "multiple attack" (was it in Demo A?) by pressing the start button when you're within attacking range of opponents, it does what it says on the tin. It's like a special move but is used on multiple targets at once and uses up a lot of your XP.

I skipped the dialogue though as I would rather experience it in the full game instead.

Definite purchase for me no doubt.

I found it easier to understand the game more this time around as well, XP vs EXP, how to land criticals consistently and also noticed the ability to use a "multiple attack" (was it in Demo A?) by pressing the start button when you're within attacking range of opponents, it does what it says on the tin. It's like a special move but is used on multiple targets at once and uses up a lot of your XP.

Is it better at teaching you, or is it just that you're more used to it now? I didn't understand the first demo at all.

Is it better at teaching you, or is it just that you're more used to it now? I didn't understand the first demo at all.

Exactly that. After playing the first a few times and now the 2nd it just starts to 'click'. Besides the tutorial is exactly the same as the first.

I played through Demo B, enjoyed it more than Demo A since I recognised most of the characters apart from the guy with long black hair and girl with pink hair.

I had a look through the menus to try and understand what the different attacks do for each character... If you use right and left to switch pages in a character's stats screen it tells you how much damage and XP (cross points) the attacks do. Weaker attacks give more XP and stronger attacks build less so it's all about maintaining a balance of doing damage to the enemy or building up XP so you can unleash special attacks, use skills or defend and counter against enemy attacks. However, I still have no idea what the S and D icons next to some attacks mean lol

Also found out that there's a X lock thing when your unit and an extra unit (summoned onto the battle with L or R) attack a mid air enemy at the same time, this locks the enemy into place making it a lot easier for you to just spam the attack buttons instead of worrying about timing attacks and having enemies fall down. It also increases the amount of XP you build.

Hopefully the full game will have a better tutorial or a way of introducing all the mechanics one at a time. I doubt I'll be buying it next week since I have Fire Emblem Awakening to play through right now and I want to get Mario & Luigi Dream Team as soon as that's out

Gonna give the second demo a spin later today, the first was pretty cool if not a bit confusing. I think £22 for this is an absolute steal considering how unlikely it was that we'd even get this game released here.

Probably gonna day one this, it seems like one of those games that will disappear from shelves after launch.

Edited by Guy
I must edit every single post I make.

Gonna give the second demo a spin later today, the first was pretty cool if not a bit confusing. I think £22 for this is an absolute steal considering how unlikely it was that we'd even get this game released here.

Probably gonna day one this, it seems like one of those games that will disappear from shelves after launch.

Where are you getting it from for £22?

Where are you getting it from for £22?

Amazon are actually selling it for £22.

GAME have it for £22.99. I have a few pounds worth of reward points to drop it down a little, plus I like to support GAME when they price things competitively. My local high street would suck ass without GAME to pop into every now and again.

---

Played the second demo earlier, just about managed to beat it. This will be incredibly fun when I get the battle timings down.

Edited by Guy
I... can't... stop... editing...

Looks like there is going to be limited stock of this like fire emblem already going for crazy prices on Amazon.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

How sure are you that this is going to be a rare/limited game? It's 22 quid on Amazon right now and I'm tempted to pre-order.

Well I don't see it getting many reprints. Seems like a very niche game. The US(/Canada?) got a collectors edition as well.

Thought I had preordered this, but apparently not. Torn about getting the Amazon deal or grabbing it digitally.

How sure are you that this is going to be a rare/limited game? It's 22 quid on Amazon right now and I'm tempted to pre-order.

All I'm going by is my own personal experience. I didn't see it in my usual shop the other day and then like I said when I went to check on amazon.ca it was selling for an inflated price. I'm gonna pick it up the instance I see it in store even if I don't start it any time soon which is what I did with Fire Emblem.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I preordered it on Monday. It was 34€ with free postages, so I thought why not. They shipped the game yesterday, so it should be in my hands by tomorrow or Friday. Though it will be a while before I play it, as I just started playing Heroes of Ruin, and plan to finish that one first. Thankfully, the campaign is not that lenghty.