N-Europe

Broken Age

Happenstance

• 2 weeks later...

Soo... I got a 25% discount coupon for this game, expiring on March 15th.

On one hand, it raised my awareness to its existence (I thought it was something else entirely), but on the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'll get a better discount once the Summer Sale rolls around. Seeing as I still have a substantial backlog, and I'm in no rush to play this.

So, considering this "Act 2" business, is there any advantage in buying this game now, rather than later?

And if the answer to that question is "no", does anybody here want the coupon?

• 1 year later...
The cliffhanger was a genuine :o:o:o moment for me, can't believe I didn't see it coming. Hopefully act 2 is just as good as the first. (also hope it comes to Mac on release!)

Yeah agreed. I knew that moment would likely come but did not expect it in that way at all. Very interested to see where it goes.

• 1 month later...
So, what is this game?

Just seen it on the PSN store (It's called "Broken Age" - without any indication whether it's Act 1 or 2 or both..) for 25€.

Is it worth it?

I would say wait, tbh. I can see it becoming cheaper before too long.

So, what is this game?

Just seen it on the PSN store (It's called "Broken Age" - without any indication whether it's Act 1 or 2 or both..) for 25€.

Is it worth it?

Point and Click adventure game from the maker of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion. A huge Kickstarter success, one of the first BIG video game kickstarters. It got a lot of attention because whilst they originally asked for $600k, they ended up receiving 3.3 million just because of: Double Fine, Tim Chafer and Adventure game.

It's a fantastic title and worth every penny. Well, the first half is, but it seems the second half is a good conclusion. IGN gave part 1 a 9.5, part 2 a 9 and the complete game a 9.2. It'll be on their GOTY list in eight months time.