Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Awesome stuff thread

MoogleViper

Irish President Michael D Higgins giving an US Tea Party Support a Virbal Beatdown

Well this was actually in 2010 a year before Higgins became President. From an Irish radio debate betwenn Michael D Higgins and US Radio host and Tea Party supporter Michael Graham. The above YT clip is a bit edited too.

Full clip from the show can be found here

http://www.newstalk.ie/2010/programmes/all-programmes/the-right-hook/the-two-michaels/

I've heard quite a few people mentioning that swimmer with no legs over the last few weeks, think he's the world champion or something regardless. It's crazy being that good at swimming on upper body stregth alone!

Opening Ceremony tonight! Then let the games begin!! :D

So box office revenue = costs? That's interesting.

(Avatar's official budget was actually $237 million. People should really check this before they make/post shit.)

I think the idea is people spent £2.8billion on going to see Avatar, but people complain about how expensive NASA is and want its budget cut.

I think the idea is people spent £2.8billion on going to see Avatar, but people complain about how expensive NASA is and want its budget cut.

But that doesn't make sense. You say people spent x amount more to pretend to go to a planet than to actually go. But those people did get to pretend, but they never actually went, nobody did. So that comparison is invalid.

And that's before we get on to the over-reductionism of ignoring the story/entertainment etc.