NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe London Meet 2012 - 30th June!

I'll aim to get to LDN by 10:00am, so I guess the official meeting at The Cock Pit is 10:30am.

Looking forward.

I'll be in London already... No idea what my plans are though. Think I might be playing tennis in the morning in which case I'd head over for 12/12:30 and then stay in the cock pit the rest of the day.

Cock-pit for whenever folks are there sounds good to me! Hopefully no helicopters, races or rain this year.

If there IS rain, the current backup plan it to go to a pub that is about 15-20minute walk from The Cockpit. It's called The Red Lion and it's on Kingly street, and about 5 minute walk from Oxford Circus station.

In case of rain;

Here are two quick pictures I took of le place;

Up the stairs and to the left;

IMG_1209.jpg

Turn yourself around

IMG_1210.jpg

Quite spacey! It's the Red Lion, on Kingly street(parallel to Carnaby), quite close to Oxford Circus tube(~5min walk if that), and for the otherwise keen eyed of you, not too far from Trocadero either(does anyone know what's going on with that??) It's dead. This is of course, only a rainy day plan, otherwise it's business as usual in the park of hyde! Here's some maps for location and distance from the park(probs a ten minute walk, but there wasn't much good/close by in the way of sam smiths),

redlionsamsmith.png

Relative to Hyde Park;

redlionsamsmith2.png

NEMeet2011Location.jpg

I'll pop my mobile number up on here closer to next week for those who'll need to contact us.

Seriously can't wait now, have 4 more days of work before heading into the city. Just about ready, well i say ready. Got everything in, just need to pack it all now.

When you get to the cock pit, if you see deck chairs, don't sit in one. Will lead to awkwardness with an old dude.

When you get to the cock pit, if you see deck chairs, don't sit in one. Will lead to awkwardness with an old dude.

How much was he trying to charge for rental.

£4000/Don't remember.

Reasonable price for deck chairs per hour. Probably be a little higher now that a certain sporting event is taking place.

He'll come back a man.

With the company of Rez................. i'm not too sure really. He'll come back with a souvineer, just not a "complete" man.

I'm sure Claire is relieved to hear that sleeping with ReZ doesn't make you a man, at least.

Just a quick reminder, if anyone is taking their 3DS with them, i am planning a N-E Meet special of "Guess the Year". This is a letterbox game i currently run, have a few regular peeps playing. I'll put my code on here later, and i plan to Streetpass the game out to everyone on my list who attends this year.

You guys do know Sam Smiths have apparently completely hiked their prices now, apparently it's near £4 a pint :(

You guys do know Sam Smiths have apparently completely hiked their prices now, apparently it's near £4 a pint :(

Yeah they've gone up a bit, think it's 3.40 for a stout and last time I was in Chandos(place we eventually ended up last year) their lager was well jumped up, however it's somewhere to go in event of rain really, and surely still be cheaper/inline with anywhere else in london?

Yeah they've gone up a bit, think it's 3.40 for a stout and last time I was in Chandos(place we eventually ended up last year) their lager was well jumped up, however it's somewhere to go in event of rain really, and surely still be cheaper/inline with anywhere else in london?

Sheesh, pricey. Still, London prices though so i am expecting that to occur. As you said, it's in the event of rain. And as it is Wimbledon next week, expect the tradional rain.

Preliminary weather's saying cloudy with sun more in the later afternoon, however apparently no rain so fingers crossed. I'm excited! :bouncy:

Preliminary weather's saying cloudy with sun more in the later afternoon, however apparently no rain so fingers crossed. I'm excited! :bouncy:

Sounds......... promising indeed. Cock Pit it seems, is on. For now!!.

Edit: It does seem the weather will be good, Met Office and BBC are saying Sunny.

Edited by Jimbob

I'm leaving for London in a couple of hours. Not sure how often I'll be on here.

Someone keep me posted for plans on Friday night please!: 07974 594 599

Not sure if I'll make it uptown for Friday, but Saturday's ago obv. For anyone who will need to contact me, such can be done on 07763 960 933. Mainly really gonna be needed for locating peeps etc on Saturday though.