N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

Haden

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my team has given up. At home with a full strength team and a 5 star manager rating and still let a 2 goal lead slip. Though I kinda blame accidentally leaving auto subs on. Assitant brought on an old useless guy, just there in case of injuries, for a young one who was doing well.

Every single one of my players played above their own skill level. My two 5-skilled players played to 8. My 31-8 forward in his first game this season played to a skill of 12. Very pleased with my team in this match :D

But I've still not made it into the X11 which shows me how much stronger everyone else still is than me :p

2-0 win against Dyson today. Fielded a mainly youth team, as i mentioned a few times, i'm developing them as replacements. First win of the season for Recall, first of many i hope.

I'll put a snap-shot of my players appearances in X-11, but as it stands atm 1 player has had 111 appearances.

Edited by Jimbob

Great result some new players are really stepping up which is great.

I have beaten 64s 5 times in a row now but our overall score is 64s 15 Haden 13 damn him :P

I am sure he will extend that overall lead soon as he is a quality manager.

Once again, my players decide not to bother trying.

You did play quite a young team away from home, you have some nice youths though so I don't blame you.

Alliances

Week 4

Trio: Mad 10, Peeps 6, Rez 8, 24

Legacy: Haden 3, Inter 9, Co-op 10, 22

Final Three: Odwin 8, Eights 9, Cube 3, 20

...: Elites 6, Emo 8, Bubbles 6, 20

...: Silverdale 7, Leeds 1, All Stars 9, 17

...: 64s 1, DuD 7, 8

The Trio and Legacy enter paradise as the other alliances enter purgatory

Week 5

Trio: Mad 10, Peeps 8, Rez 8, 26

Legacy: Haden 8, Inter 7, Co-op 9, 24

...: Silverdale 5, Leeds 4, All Stars 10, 19

The Hurricanes: Elites 4, Emo 9, Bubbles 5, 18

Final Three: Odwin 9, Eights 7, Cube 1, 17

...: 64s 1, DuD 7, 8

Other teams any ideas for names? Also 64s Dud try and get that last member might get you shooting up the table! :P

Edited by Haden
Automerged Doublepost

Got a better feeling about 2moro. Hopefully my hunch is right again.

Come on you Baggies :yay:

I have a good feeling about tomorrow, too.

I'm away from home, but I hope I can get a win. Will be very, very surprised if I don't win tomorrow. Although, my star striker is out with a suspension.

I have a mixed feeling. On paper, I should be alright, but Seahawks seems to have a habit of performing better against teams of strength. My squad is currently performing excellently but my tactics against Seahawks are miff-full. They are floating near the bottom of the league currently, though, and - I suppose is the norm for the middle league - all the other games tomorrow are fairly two-sided.

I feel that 3 points tomorrow will mean guarenteed survival (I know it's early to say that), which means I can really ensure next season will do well.

Wow I almost completely forgot to do these:

N-Euro Middle League Round Four

5 games. 1 draw. The most exciting round of the Middle League this season!

****Intergalactico Stars 2-0 Recall United***

Recall started off aggressive which didn't help them with this ref and they were issued two bookings before backing off. Intergalactico took advantage of this and let rip on their opponents goal but only managed one goal out of 5 attempts. The second half continued in a similar vain. Intergalactico were relentless in attacking and managed to score a second goal in the 64th minute. Recall managed to slip through once but the play was unsuccessful and Recall lose their first game of the season.

****Real Peeps 1-3 Emo Blades*****

Blades were on strong form today following their draw against Cubic County last round. They tore Peeps' defence wide open allowing Christopher Sheene to score from the penalty area in the 17th minute. Just four minutes later, Cadwgawn Adams shot from a distance to get a second goal before half time. The second half spelt trouble for Blades as Gwladus Dent was heavily injured in the 48th minute and the shake-up made for some careless mistakes which Real Peeps took advantage of, scoring a goal from a freekick in the 57th minute. Blades spent the rest of the game using Real Peeps' keeper as target practice before getting a third goal in the 73rd minute.

****Leeds.M.O.T 1-0 Seahawks FC****

The first half was a closely fought game with neither side giving up any ground. The second half was much more eventful as Leeds came into it looking like a new team. Leeds were creating plenty of chances but it wasn't until the 71st minute that Dylan Haag was able to score from a header after a corner. Seahawks made a valiant effort to try and score a goal of their own but to no avail.

****Mcoys Sons 5-0 Happenstance FC***

Happenstance FC took an offensive stance away from home today, perhaps hoping to catch Mcoys Sons off-guard. Mcoys Sons responded to Happenstance's strategy by placing the ball into the huge gap in their defence and consequently shooting at the goal until points were made. Four goals were scored out of 8 chances in the first half of the game and 3 more attempts on goal were made in the second half with only one resulting in a goal.

****Dysonian Wanderers 2-2 Cubic County***

County were the first to score in this game as a completely unmarked Wendell McGovern breaks through to the goal. It wasn't long before Wanderers came back with a long range shot on goal scored by Lewis Aiston. Cubic County were still looking the stronger side in the first half until McGovern was taken down hard by Bernt-Olof Söderberg resulting in him being carried off the pitch while Söderberg receives a booking. Dysonian Wanderers got another lucky break in the second half as Morgan Boland was able to breach County's defence and score another goal. Cubic County were still playing strong though and managed to equalise before the 90 minutes was up causing Bernt-Olof Söderberg to lose his temper resulting in him being sent off the pitch.

Most Important Result: Mcoys Sons 5-0 Happenstance FC, Mcoys took full advantage in this game and the win puts them in first place where they sit comfortably above Intergalactico with a higher goal difference.

Stylish Play: Emo Blades, Blades had the best footwork on the pitch this round and the best teamwork. They were quick to spot their opponent's weakness and systematically went in for the kill. Two early goals were scored in quick succession with a third coming late in the game to prevent any risk Real Peeps making a comeback after they scored from a freekick.

Best Player: Wyatt Rufus, Mcoys Sons, Once again Rufus shows astounding stamina and skill as he waltzes across the pitch scoring goals and making it look easy. Out of the four goals in the first half, Rufus scored three (the fourth being scored from a penalty kick) and his fourth goal was scored in the second half to seal the game. Still a staggeringly good player with no signs of slowing down.

N-Euro Middle League Round Five

The round with no draws!

****Intergalactico Stars 1-3 Leeds.M.O.T****

Stars take a fall in this game after a strong start. Only one goal was scored in the first half and it was by Nikos Papadopoulos of Intergalactico Stars. Soon after, Steve Austin of Intergalactico Stars got himself sent off the pitch and Leeds took a cheeky shot at the goal but it was saved by the keeper. In the second half, Leeds were able to take advantage of Stars' weakened midfield and pushed through to score in the 56th minute. Stars made great attempts to stay ahead but their morale wavered as another booking was issued, this time to Nikolai Volkoff. Stars proceeded to play a safer game to spare their players which allowed Leeds striker Ionut Codrin to reach the penalty area and score. Some frantic substitutions were made in the late minutes of the game with three players from Intergalactico being replaced and two from Leeds - one of which proved to be a mistake as Marvin Townshend was only on the pitch for 2 minutes before being injured and taken right off again. Leeds were not hindered by playing one man down and managed to score a third and final goal in the very last minute of play.

****Seahawks FC 0-1 Mcoys Sons*****

The last time these two teams met, Seahawks were at home and won 2-0. This time, Mcoys Sons played a more cautious game and were rewarded for it. The careful approach allowed them to gain more possession and prevented Seahawks from getting any chances on goal. Mcoys Sons made two attempts in the first half but were unable to score. The second half of the game was even more favourable for Mcoys Sons as they manage four more attempts on goal while Seahawks were still unable to make any plays. In the 79th minute, Wyatt Rufus broke a nail and had to leave the pitch which left room for Vince Rawle to come on and steal the limelight. Rawle scored the winning goal after 6 minutes on the pitch.

****Real Peeps 3-0 Cubic County****

Real Peeps had something to prove today after a couple of uneventful games. With their first loss last round still fresh in their minds, Real Peeps' players were determined to give it their best in this game. With unwavering concentration and focus, Cletus Blessed scored the first goal of the game in the 11th minute. Soon after, Real Peeps earned themselves a freekick which was scored by Derrick Birch. Cubic County kept things tight in the second game, narrowing Real Peeps attempts on goal to just two compared to 5 made in the first half. However, in the 63rd minute Real Peeps were awarded a penalty which was scored by Cal Dewell.

***Emo Blades 5-1 Happenstance FC**

Happenstance take another heavy blow to the scoreline this game as Emo Blades storm on through. Fresh from victory at the Stadium of Peeps, Emo Blades return to their home ground on excellent form. The first goal was scored in the 12th minute by Stewart Rothwell and a further three were scored from freekicks by midfielder, Izydor Wojcicki. In the second half of the game Happenstance were able to score from a freekick of their own but there was no hope of making a comeback against Blades, especially after Christopher Sheene scored the team's 5th goal in the 72nd minute.

**Recall United 2-0 Dysonian Wanderers***

Recall were on fire today and definitely deserved their first win of the season. The first half of the game went by with no goals scored but plenty of chances of scoring from both sides. Edward Hunter scored the first goal in the 56th minute for Recall, spurring the team into overdrive as they make 7 more attempts on goal in the second half. Both sides had to deal with a power-mad referee issuing several bookings for each side but despite this, Rex Hollingdale manages to keep his nose clean long enough to score in the 77th minute.

Most Important Result: Intergalactico Stars 1-3 Leeds.M.O.T, this result sees Leeds shoot up from 10th place to 7th - the first change in the table they've had all season, while Intergalactico continue their descent, stopping at 4th place. Leeds are now out of the relegation zone with 2 points above Happenstance who fall into it after two bad results.

Stylish Play: Real Peeps, perhaps I am biased but my insider knowledge allows me to see that every one of Real Peeps' players played above their own skill level in this game. After narrowly escaping relegation last season, Real Peeps have had a strong start to this season only to be trounced by Emo Blades last round. The player's have a thirst to prove themselves and this game shows how capable they can be.

Best Player: Izydor Wojcicki, Emo Blades, Blades were awarded three freekicks in the first half of their game which is perhaps unfortunate for Happenstance FC but what is even more unfortunate is that ironically nicknamed, 'Wonky Wojcicki', was on the roster for Emo Blades. He scored every freekick without breaking a sweat.

Round5.png

A few changes here and there from the last report. Mcoys Sons are now in top position but Emo Blades have a good chance of unseating them. They are only one point behind but one ahead on goal difference. Real Peeps and Intergalactico aren't far behind with 8 points a-piece. The middle of the table is still extremely close with three teams now on 6 points. Dysonian Wanderers have slipped in their last couple of games, the last report shows them in fourth place and now they're in 6th. Happenstance have also had a bad couple of games but will likely pull themselves out of their rut by beating Real Peeps next round. Mcoys Sons face Intergalactico Stars who may well give them the challenge they've been looking for.

@jayseven @Dyson @Jimbob @Nikos9 @Brian Mcoy @Cube @Happenstance

For a little time, I thought I could actually defeat Odwin...Got a difficult home match against Ellmeister next, and with my disappointing performance in the last 3 matches I'm not expecting anything. Looks like I will have to rely on 64s and Roostophe to be even worse than me. If they can draw each other on Friday that would be perfect.

Question, how important is it to keep a 18-4 with free kick and good instinct? I don't like having 4 strikers and I don't have the heart to get rid of the others. Not sure if I should invest time in him or not. There are no comparisons on the market but I don't think I will get more than 1-1.5 million.

@Tales he's not worth getting rid of your other forwards for just yet - as I'm sure you know :p

It might be worth keeping him to train up but if you don't want 4 strikers then you may as well sell him.

-

Lost my game today :( not sure what I did wrong as I had better tactics and my team all played fine. Away disadvantage I guess. I think I'm going to do well against Seahawks though. Might not get a win but a draw is fine with me.

[edit] just realised I had long balls on... killed my possession I think.