NEurope
Beast

Christmas Presents

Best things were a kindle from my dad and a new camera from my girlfriend - both massively unexpected!

I also got a new scar for my forehead and food poisoning, to balance out all the awesome :(

482120386.jpg

:D! I think it's my favourite. From a friend, completely unexpected and I love it.

Also got a lot of gin. Where's @jayseven when you need him?

I am very grateful for my gifts this year! Especially given its the 1st year that I never actually asked for anything (consciously). Plus, with the recession I knew it would be difficult and tight.

Somehow, myself and the siblings still managed to get a great array of presents! I was wickedly sleepy in the morning though so I lacked enthusiasm for the gifts.

Aho5-_TCMAAkbYu.jpg

My favourite gift: compilation of Hitchcock's movies. All about them..the actors..how it was filmed.

Aho6LyqCIAI1r9-.jpg

My Great 4 -- a new iPad (ridiculous, I love it though) , Gaga's Terry Richardson Book (its fantastic & very inspiring. I love it) , Hitch's book again.

Also, if you didn't notice.

Aho2n5PCQAAOjOL.jpg

Yes! It's a Zelda at-Shirt :grin:

Also got an Electric Razor, A book on The Beatles, t-shirts, coffee, Professor Layton & a fake dictionary :)

Edited by Ashley

Fixed it for you. You need to insert the URL of the image, not the page ;)

A little late to the party but I received:

Beats by Dre Tour earphones

The Rock Says Autobiography

An excellent book on Canada

Captain America on Blu Ray

Battle: Los Angeles on Blu Ray

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 on Blu Ray

I also got the usual stocking fillers and a decent haul in cash.

Got some good stuff!

Main pressies from my family/Santa!:

Running gear + money for new trainers for the London Marathon

Harry Potter Blu-Ray box set

Pirates of the Caribbean DVD

Senna DVD

Super Mario 3D Land

A diary

Ticketmaster gift card

Was so grateful for all of that after my stocking, which I was more than pleased with on its own!:

Zelda t-shirt

London 2012 t-shirt

Underwear

Just Dance 2 (hilarious fun)

Tangled Blu-Ray

Catch 22 by Joseph Heller

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

The Idiot - Iggy Pop

Smelly stuff

London 2012 pin badge

Battery charger

Chocolate

Chocolate

even more chocolate

Epic tube of Haribo!

Then in my work's Secret Santa I got Born This Way - Lady Gaga, which I was extremely pleased with seeing the crap you sometimes get!

In addition to the games, got a "tree present" of a Cybermat, which roams all around the room until it bumps into something and changes direction

390864_10150567367468689_513473688_10862622_1243343830_n.jpg

Got loads of stuff in what would have been a stocking, but instead is a huge back of goods. Loads of puzzles, small things to build, ridiculous amounts of sweets (PEZ!) and this

392286_10150567367843689_513473688_10862631_2051561700_n.jpg

My favourite present, from my girlfriend...

seiko_mickey_arms_men.jpg

I had one when i was a child and always loved it before it broke. She actually got me a similar one a few years back, but that one has rusted and gone all horrible, so now i have this shiny new one! I love it.

I got these games on their release days, but they were technically Christmas presents i couldn't wait for!

236201_nds_b.png234128_nds_b.png

Blu-Ray goodness...

14917438_180x180_1.jpg14918469_180x180_1.jpg16053029_180x180_1.jpg

And the award for most bizarre but awesome present, was this self electronic table-tennis bat:

self-table-tennis_lg.jpg

It's totally bizarre! But loads of fun. It basically judges the speed you swing, and plays sounds to simulate the bounces on the table and your opponent's return hits. I loved playing ping-pong in china and havnt found anybody who shares my love of it yet in england, so this was a welcome present!

Best present from non-family was this...

nandos-500x500.JPG

Love it!!! I put hot sauce on everything, so my girlfriend's dad got me this as a joke. Jokes on him, i will use it all!

I also got some money and £20 iTunes gift voucher. Can't decide what to spend that on yet.

I loved playing ping-pong in china and havnt found anybody who shares my love of it yet in england, so this was a welcome present!

There's a number of pubs in London that offer ping pong, although I can't recall where you're from so that may be of any use to you...

There's a number of pubs in London that offer ping pong, although I can't recall where you're from so that may be of any use to you...

Birmingham... so no! But i wouldn't have thought of pubs having a ping-pong table, so that's useful to know. I wonder if there are any here. I need to sign up to a club or something i imagine, i just dont have the money at the moment so i havn't looked.

One thing that surprised me was that, even though the characters look odd, the actual bricks are exactly the same as LEGO. They don't even look/feel cheap like Mega Bloks. The only way you can tell it isn't LEGO is by looking very carefully at the name on the blocks (which, conveniently, is four characters and in exactly the same font).

One thing that surprised me was that, even though the characters look odd, the actual bricks are exactly the same as LEGO. They don't even look/feel cheap like Mega Bloks. The only way you can tell it isn't LEGO is by looking very carefully at the name on the blocks (which, conveniently, is four characters and in exactly the same font).

Indeed. Wish it was Lego so it'd be more likely that we get a lego Doctor Who game :p

That looks very unlike Lego to me. :p

The figures are very different, but the bricks used in the sets are very much like LEGO bricks.

My more interesting gifts:

christmas_2011.jpg

A Sonic and a Mario t-shirt.

Mario Kart 7

Sonic Generations

Persona 2

Google Nexus S

Knuckles bobble head

Kirby Mass Attack

Mushroom earphones

My birthday is in January, so Ine gave me my combined Christmas and Birthday presents. We carried on with tradition, which is where we watch a film and everytime a keyword is said, we open a gift. In previous years, it has been Home Alone and "Christmas", which usually ends up with all our gifts being opened within 5 mins. :heh:

This year it was the first episode of Black Books, with the word being "calm." Was pretty funny. :D

My gifts were:

The Little Book of Calm - Aaaaahahahah. Love this.

A salt crystal/rock candle holder - I love these sorts of things, and always ooh and ahhh over them, so am happy to finally have one.

Aliens: Infestation DS game - Fuck. Yes. My DS top screen is busted, so I haven't bought this for that reason. So Ine got me the game and is lending me her DS to play it. Wohooo.

Hugo Boss: Bottled Night - I tried this many months ago in a store with Ine and really liked it, so am very happy that she remembered this. :)

Sin and Punishment 2 - This has been on my list for a while. So, very happy to receive this as a Christmas gift.

Zelda Triforce T-Shirt - Looks fucking brilliant! Quite tribally, but geeky in a good way, whilst looking pretty cool in general.

A small black leather wallet - because I have never owned a wallet...Ine is making a man out of me!

Science of Sleep dvd - This was a complete aaahahaahah moment as...I had bought this exact same gift for Ine as well. I've been telling her she needs to see it, so she got it for me as something we could watch together. Pretty funny. Second time this has happened to me, with the same event happening years ago when I bought Super Monkey Ball DS for a friend, and we opened it at the exact same time.

Xenoblade Chronicles - Awessssssssssssssome. I said that I wouldn't get this until after I'm done with Zelda, but Ine took the plunge and got eet for me. Think I smiled like a cheshire cat at this one.

Metroid Prime Trilogy - I squealed like a pig and there was a gasp of astonishment when I saw this under the wrapping paper. Think it was the last gift I opened as well. What a dramatic finale! :o

Probably the best birthday/christmas presents eveeeer. Got loads of great stuff and there was some thought behind every single one. :)

Metroid Prime Trilogy - I squealed like a pig and there was a gasp of astonishment when I saw this under the wrapping paper. Think it was the last gift I opened as well. What a dramatic finale! :o

I feel your enthusiasm, man. That game revived my inner gamer that I feared had died. :)

I feel your enthusiasm, man. That game revived my inner gamer that I feared had died. :)

I've booted the game up once, just to see what the menus look like, test out the controls, etc. It's brilliant. The controls feel so, so good. Even tighter than the Resident Evil 4 Wii controls. Usually I'm sceptical about games being re-released, but both of these are brilliant.

Ended up playing for about an hour. I've also forgotten just how good the environments and locations are. Completely organic-like, or mechanical when it needs to be.

Looking back I'm actually thrilled I never got around to playing the Prime games when they originally came out, 'cause I feel this is the only proper way to experience them. :D

Looking back I'm actually thrilled I never got around to playing the Prime games when they originally came out, 'cause I feel this is the only proper way to experience them. :D

I've only played the first one. I borrowed 2 and only played a limited portion of it. Haven't had the chance to play 3 yet.

So, I'm very excited. Need to finish Zelda first.

I've also forgotten just how good the environments and locations are. Completely organic-like, or mechanical when it needs to be.

Yeh.. I have a real craving to play through Metroid Prime again partly because of that very reason :hehe:

Looking up as the rain hit your visor in Tallon Overworld or that first moment when you step into the beauty of Phendrana Drifts were breathtaking for me and I'd love to go back and experience these locations, amongst others, again :smile: The sequels, despite being great games, just couldn't match the original Prime in terms of atmosphere and environments and is a factor in me having no great desire to return to those unlike the first..

Wow... had an awesome Christmas haul this year, beyond expectations...

From my fiancee I got...

Captin America - Winter Soldier

Batman Year One

Duke Nukem Forever Balls of steel edition

Crackdown 2

Splinter Cell Conviction

Need For Speed the Run

from her parents a massive botte of Jack Daniels and the book i wanted 'A Short History of England'

from my parents....well I feel bad...

Epic Mickey

Kirby Epic Yarn

Kirby Adventures Wii

Mario 3DS

Mario Kart 7

Starfox 64 3D

Battlefield 3

Halo Anniversary

and standard smellies, socks, cacks and such.

I did spend more on presents for people this year, and im glad i did. Felt pretty bad about how much people spent on me.

Gosh, Murr. It's like you told them, "buy me every video game" and they did. :blank: