NEurope
Beast

Christmas Presents

It may be the case of me either not paying much attention or not having the best of eyesights but I noticed there isn't a thread about Christmas presents.

Does anybody need help in what to get people?

What are you getting for Christmas?

What are you hoping you get for Christmas or what do you want?

What are you getting other people for Christmas?

I know I'm getting these:

skyrim-360-cover.jpg

HP-460-Cover.jpg

...and right now, I got this from my Secret Santa:

prodDetailMainT-300x400?$prod_img=A111P_SP735_49_PP5A1

...whoever it is, I love them very much! :D

I'm not really one of those people who kind of ask but if people ask me, I normally don't mind whatever they get me as long as it's not clothes or chocolate. I've been asked what I want quite a few times til I just tell them, lmao. I'm happy though. :)

Discuss!

Yes, i always need help every year. I never know what to get anyone, so i have to ask other people as to what to get people. I'm ok when it comes to purchasing for my Mum and/or Dad, but everyone else i've got no chance really.

I have no idea what i'm getting, that will be the surprise on the day.

I have asked Santa for 2 books, 2 comedy DVD's and the new Clarkson DVD. As for what else, that is unknown until the 25th to be fair.

What i have purchased for people is a gift card each. I have also made purchases in addition to these, Twiggys CD for my Dad. Inbetweeners movie for my Sister. I'm relying on my Mum for something for my Nan. As for my Mum, i got no chance this year. So she's got a box of chocolates and £30 M+S vouchers.

I'm generally very good at getting presents, as in I get what I know people would want/use and won't throw away/return/leave to gather dust.

I generally ask people not to get me anything, because a) I know I'm hard to buy for so I want to save people the headache, and b) I am really neurotic about accumulating OBJECTS.

On top of my general wishlist is a Canon EOS DSLR, but I probably won't be able to get it until I start working and can save up. Want to get into product/food photography!

I just have one more present to get, for my little sister. The best present would be some kind of make-up or skincare gift set, but she's a huge brand snob and everything she likes is super expensive. As today's the last day I have to shop, have to find her something...thinking of something so cute/kitschy/pretty that it eclipses the brand, which will not be Benefit/MAC/Laura Mercier/something else I can't afford. Leaving soon and dragging @heroicjanitor out too! OVERUSE OF FORWARD SLASH!

(I probably sound like a crazyperson because I woke up at 6am to study for an exam and am tired :()

I'm probably getting vouchers, money and chocolates. To be honest, there is nothing I want.

I'm getting

- Parents: Outnumbered DVD

- Sister: Clothes (she picked them)

- Sister: Clothes (I picked them)

- Brother: Halo Mega Blocks

- Step-Brother: Chocolates

- Sister: Skylander Figures

- Sister: Watch

- Sister: Baby Born Outfits

- Brother: Watch

- Nephew: Noisy Fire Engine

- Grandparents: Vouchers.

I've pretty much got my Christmas shopping done, yay!

Just need to get dad to pick up one more present for my sister that I ordered (and mom ordered there too so dad can go pick up both presents). =P

We use lists at home, makes things a bit easier. Though I've bought one thing that's not on the list but I'm hoping mom will like it (Settlers of Catan for DS).

We actually made an online list on Google this year so we could update it whenever. Was very useful. =D

Probably a game or two, a DVD (Lion King maybe, or another Disney DVD)... Not sure what else. Already got Mario Kart 7 as an early present from Sprout though!

Oh I also know I'm getting a set of cutting boards from mom, since I was there when she bought them. =P

Whatever I put on my list really. Games I missed out on (there's 3 Kirby games I still need for example), a CD of a Belgian band...

Can't post what I got Jim heh. We work with budgets, 10 euro for everyone, except one person you pick is 25 euro. Got my youngest sister some drawing pens she can use on her course, my other sister a metal cord with magnets which you use to put pictures on, got dad a new oven dish (paid for by me and sister) and mom (who is my pick) will get the yoghurt machine she asked for and Settlers of Catan for DS.

I'm making all of my Christmas gifts myself this year.

It sounds cheap, but it's still a step up from last year, when I didn't even get most people anything.

I already know what I'm getting this Christmas because I bought it myself and will be reimbursed by my parents later. It kills the suspense, but at least I know I'm getting what I want. :p

Things I know I'm Getting

- Skyward Sword limited Edition

- Mario 3d Land

- Mario Kart 7

- Sonic Generations (Xbox 360)

- An Idiot Abroad series 2

- The Inbetweeners Movie

And Whilst were on the topic... Merry Christmas!

I'm making all of my Christmas gifts myself this year.

It sounds cheap, but it's still a step up from last year, when I didn't even get most people anything.

I already know what I'm getting this Christmas because I bought it myself and will be reimbursed by my parents later. It kills the suspense, but at least I know I'm getting what I want. :p

If it's anything like what you made ReZ than personally I would prefer that over something I want, but could buy if I wanted to.

They're in for a treat.

If it's anything like what you made ReZ than personally I would prefer that over something I want, but could buy if I wanted to.

Let's hope they agree!

Stocking stuffers < things you can buy if you want to (video games, books) < home-made things < things you can't really afford yourself (game consoles, cars) < (you)

I have no money to get anyone anything, and have told them all this. So I don't expect to get anything either.

Got my dad one of these and a canister of helium with which to inflate it. Have to prevent him breathing in the helium

I have no money to get anyone anything, and have told them all this. So I don't expect to get anything either.

Well, that was stupid. You should have waited until after they gave you your Christmas gifts before telling them. ;)

Hmm, prob giving Xenoblade to my bro, since it's awesome and I'm done with the game already...

Me? Bought a book for myself, "Atheism", seems like a good piece on the history, current state etc. For games, prob Zelda SS or Skyrim, we'll see...

So far, received a couple of books - Snuff by Pratchett and this sci-fi book that my friends got signed by the author on their anniversary (lol) -- some unheard of guy, anyway. Also got a passport cover!

As for gifts for others - purchased everything so far, buuut waiting for it all to arrive... Need to wrap it too... Don't really think I've done especially well this year.

Not really. Got all mine done, except my Dad who wants his present after Christmas in the sales.

Already got my Final Fantnazi coat. I bought it myself, then my parents said they would pay as my present.

Other than that, I have no idea.

My Nan and Grandad always get me Gamestation vouchers, so I said if they wanted to get a physical present, they could get Sonic Generations instead since it's about the same price as the vouchers they usually get. Might get that I suppose.

Got Mum quite a few CDs and a Bluray

Got Dad a Gorillatorch so that he has something to unwrap

Got my secret Santa victim a camera lens mug

My Nan, Grandad and other extended family usually get one present from Me, Mum and Dad. The parents take care of that and I just give them my share of the money.

I bought my nephew an amazing soft toy monkey. It's so fucking cool.

Other than that I have no money to buy anything (Literally got £3.19 left in my bank account). I think I'm going to draw everyone something.

Can't say I really want anything myself. Maybe Sandman Vol 2 but I don't think my sister will remember it and her Xmas shopping is done so late it's almost an art. A good day will do me.

I'm using the excuse that I'm a poor student this year (which I am, tragically) and really can't afford much. So I'm buying for just my family. I've already got the siblings (35€) and must pay for my parents' gifts. We usually buy something together for our parents -- it's mostly better quality & I'm lazy :p

I never really bought gifts for friends...I don't know why...I could be possibly buying for one friend. Just something small.

I only expect gifts from close family members (there are a lot -- makes up for friends!) and actual family. I didn't write any list though so I've no idea what'll be ! Excitement :)

I learned how to wrap presents :o It used to be catastrophic. I'd end up with a broken rib and a leg strapped to my face.

Ah Christmas, all sorted for pressies, I usually do a damn good job.

I've gotten quite a few pressies today:

373848_10150537065795731_747975730_11125779_457059083_n.jpg

Off a friend at work

395112_10151071267630072_791025071_22200919_1943092653_n.jpg

We all got urbanear headphones from work, they were wrapped in a lovely brown paper and even wax melted with the spotify logo.

We also got the tshirts that daniel ek wore to the F8 conference.

It's been a very good day, I also got a mario keyring for my secret santa, it's so cute.