N-Europe

The Book With No Name Mafia

The Peeps

I don't know what to dooooo!

We started with 17 players, we've apparently gotten 3 mafia already. How many is this really likely to leave us with, and can we take a punt on jayseven and lynch him just cos everyone sort of half wants to?

EDIT: -.- only just seen that's why ReZ posted the names.

Who's being quiet? Let's go for someone who's quiet? The mafia might be trying to do that. Or we could go for jay, I'm easy either way.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The risk is that The Bourbon Kid massacres everyone. Read the opening write-up, it's what he does. The eclipse could be his time or something. Since we are likely to win we should get rid of the one who could possibly stop us.

People need to pick a damn side. Not lynching today would be sad.

As I said, the write up suggests that the eclipse is more related to the artefact that you're after.

Plus, you're suggestion is insane. The Peeps isn't going to just end the game like that. In relation to me, the worst that could possibly happen is that my "can kill" turns into a "must kill", but that is also unlikely. And it would be very noticeable.

Okay, so we are worried about Cube? Here's the thing: Herojan can roleblock him. There's nothing to fear.

@Rummy: You want someone who has been kind-of inactive? Nobody else that can be called that remains, but Jayseven has been more quiet as of late. Him and Zell, but Zell is definitely good. Jayseven has at least two pieces of strong (if circumstancial) evidence against him.

Majority has been reached!

Archibald Somers was a tricky one. He didn't appear outwardly evil but the evidence was stacked against him. With one night to go until the lunar eclipse, they couldn't afford to waste any more time. They each pulled out a gun and filled him full of bullets.

Jayseven has been lynched. He was Archibald Somers and would receive full role information on those he investigated. He was evil and the last remaining member of the mafia.

Winners:

@mr\-paul

@ReZourceman

@Rummy

@Supergrunch

@Tales

@Zell

Roles:

Town

Sanchez - bartender - mr-paul

Each night you can target a player and serve them their favourite drink to boost their abilities. If you are targeted by someone you don't trust, you will serve them piss and they will be ineffective against you.

The Bourbon Kid - Epic gunslinger - Cube

You came back to Santa Mondega to rid it of scum. You are a legend in these parts since 5 years ago you came along and killed everyone in the Tapioca Bar besides the bartender as well as massacring half the town. As long as you have your shot of Bourbon, you are unstoppable. Each night you may choose a player to kill.

unstoppable just meant he couldn't be night-killed - unless Jayseven targeted him. If Jay had killed The Bourbon Kid in the night the write-up would've implied that Cube was evil.

Jenson - Flavour Cop - Eenuh

You came to Santa Mondega to investigate rumours of paranormal activity. The Government has previously pretended that Santa Mondega simply doesn't exist as it's a shit hole full of lowlife scum, but The Eye of the Moon interests them. What kind of town has two lunar eclipses within 5 years? Who, or what, would benefit from controlling the position of the moon?

Each night you will find out some information about your target. They don't like strangers in Santa Mondega and being black doesn't help matters. You prefer to work alone but the Chief insisted you be assigned a partner. You can choose to kill on odd numbered nights instead of your main ability.

Rodeo Rex - Evangelist - Jonnas

You are widely known as one tough son of a bitch and you even beat The Bourbon Kid in an arm wrestling match last time he was in town, although you suspect he wasn't really trying as after losing he ripped your arm right off you. With your new metal limb you can roleblock your target each night. You have been selected by God for a special mission and as such you cannot be lynched unless every member of the mafia votes for you (on top of a majority being reached).

Annabel de Frugyn - Mystic lady - Aqui1a

You will read the fortune of your target and warn them of anyone attempting to target them (you will discover their target). If they believe your fortune then they may even be prepared against any negative targeting.

Captain Rockwell - Captain of the Santa Mondega Police Department - Tales

Each night you can interrogate a player and determine their alignment.

Dante - Hotel receptionist - ReZ

Living in such a dangerous town, you are worried for the safety of your girlfriend... and you also don't want any bastards to steal her away from you. Each night you can misdirect other players by selecting two targets. Anyone targeting person A will target person B and vice versa.

Kacey - Chambermaid - Zell/EEVILMURRAY

You have a wonderful life with your wonderful boyfriend... and a rather naive outlook on life. But you are inquisitive and each night you can spy on a player and see who they target.

Lieutenant Scraggs - Forensic Cop - Zell/Jonnas

Each night you will investigate a player and deduce their alignment.

Scraggs was a dumb cop as Jonnas worked out. Zell would also have worked it out had he lived as his first target was himself.

Marcus The Weasel - Lowlife - Nintendohnut

Each night you will spike someone's drink with Rohypnol, causing them to fail in their night action. Your victim will also be untargetable to anyone else that night as not many people look for targets in the alley behind the bar. You will also steal anything they may have been carrying.

Peto - roleblocker - heroicjanitor

You are one of two Hubal monks sent to reclaim The Eye of the Moon. As a monk you are of course highly skilled in all forms of martial arts. You can use your skills to roleblock a player at night.

Kyle - protector - Supergrunch

You are one of two Hubal monks sent to reclaim The Eye of the Moon. As a monk you are of course highly skilled in all forms of martial arts. You can use your skills to protect a player at night.

Bertram Cromwell - Museum Curator - Rummy

During the day you may analyse one post for lies. You are currently in possession of The Eye of the Moon. An attractive blue stone. You're unsure of its historical significance but it seems to have a certain aura about it.

Heroicjanitor took the stone away from Rummy before he could really use it. It would've changed hands whenever the person was targeted but no one targeted heroicjanitor in the whole game :p

If the mafia were in possession of the eye of the moon during the eclipse, they would've been able to make an infinite night phase. Players would've been able to keep sending in new targets every 24hours and there would've been more detailed write-ups. The mafia would've killed every 24 hours.

If a townie were in possession of the eye during the eclipse it would've recharged and they would be able to resurrect another player. Because of this I was originally thinking of having no alignments on death but I remembered some people don't like that... then I simply forgot to put alignments at first because the first one to die was an investigator and obviously good :p

Mafia:

Elvis- Hitman/Elvis Impersonater - Diageo

You are an assassin hired as a bodyguard for El Santino and his posse. Each night you can protect your target from anyone trying to target them.

Somers - Obsessive detective / Undercover cop - Jayseven

Five years ago, the Bourbon Kid arrived in Santa Mondega and massacred half the town. Since then you've made it your duty to track him down and bring him in. As the years went by your obsession grew and you started to blame The Kid for any crimes that were reported making you a laughing stock. Each night you can target a player and find out if they are The Bourbon Kid or not.

/ You are actually a member of El Santino's Mafia. Each night your investigation will come back as '[your target] is The Bourbon Kid!' this will, in most cases, be false. You will get a separate PM with full role information about your target.

El Santino - Mafia don - Yvonne

You are the head of the mafia and quite beyond the reach of the law. You can get away with anything in this town and do so regularly. You have recently heard about an artefact known as The Eye of the Moon which can allegedly raise the dead and control the position of the moon. It would be very useful for you as there is a lunar eclipse coming up.

You sent out a bounty hunter to collect the stone but he missed the deadline to get it to you. You can only assume he's discovered its power and intends to use it for himself. You have assembled the best men you can find to retrieve the stone and get it to you before the eclipse. Each night you, or one of your team, may forfeit your power to kill a member of the town. You own power is to force your target to target another player of your choice. You also have a double vote.

Jefe - Bad ass bounty hunter - Jimbob

You have been hired by El Santino to retrieve The Eye of the Moon. You're unsure what that is exactly besides a blue stone but the money is good and you're experienced enough not to ask questions. Each night you can make a player's power backfire on them.

Only 17 players so I thought 4 mafia would be best for balance. The game started off quite balanced and then the mafia started dropping one by one =\ They were quite inactive to begin with. It was pretty much only Yvonne posting in the mafia forum.

I hope everyone had fun anyway :p my next mafia is The Cloak and Dagger mafia. It is about spies and that. I've only written a few roles but it's going to be fresh and original :p

---

Additional bits:

Jimbob sabotaged Tales on the night he investigated Jayseven. That's why he came up good.

I was also about to end the day phase but Rummy posted again with some mentions to I decided to wait until 4pm :p sorry Jay!

You probably could've done with one more person as mafia. I should've had someone be recruitable. Without wanting to place blame (as I'm sure they have valid reasons), it was Diageo and Jimbob who I felt weren't taking part too much in the mafia. I assume Diageo was too involved in the Phoenix Wright Mafia. It's awkward being in two mafias at once. Jimbob is rather new at mafias too.

Woop, go town!

I have to say, I wasn't as involved as much as I usually get, but I hope Zell and Jonnas benefited from the alcohol I gave them!

The first couple of nights I just targeted myself as I had no clue of who was good so didn't want to risk the mafia being able to kill twice.

Damn.

For the record guys, I was a daytime lie detector who tried two of jay's posts, they both came back questionable hence I wanted to go for him, glad now!

I also had the Eye of the Moon at the start, and was able to resurrect someone on the...3rd night? The one where Jonnas was ressurected. Some bastard stole it from me the same night though! Luckily they decided to rescue Zell anyway!

Well played all, I think we got quite lucky as townfolk.

My first time ever as a lie detector, guess I didn't make the most of it(only one post per day, and it HAD to be day, making it difficult when I missed night deadlines except one time that Peeps let me off). Mostly I found posts that were only half lies, though I did have one on jay earlier, guess I shoulda gone with my feeling on that(which I did this last day). Interesting game all round, will post more when I get home in...hopefully 15 minutes!

Edited by Rummy

Heroicjanitor took the stone away from Rummy before he could really use it. It would've changed hands whenever the person was targeted but no one targeted heroicjanitor in the whole game :p

If the mafia were in possession of the eye of the moon during the eclipse, they would've been able to make an infinite night phase. Players would've been able to keep sending in new targets every 24hours and there would've been more detailed write-ups. The mafia would've killed every 24 hours.

If a townie were in possession of the eye during the eclipse it would've recharged and they would be able to resurrect another player. Because of this I was originally thinking of having no alignments on death but I remembered some people don't like that... then I simply forgot to put alignments at first because the first one to die was an investigator and obviously good :p

Only 17 players so I thought 4 mafia would be best for balance. The game started off quite balanced and then the mafia started dropping one by one =\ They were quite inactive to begin with. It was pretty much only Yvonne posting in the mafia forum.

I hope everyone had fun anyway :p my next mafia is The Cloak and Dagger mafia. It is about spies and that. I've only written a few roles but it's going to be fresh and original :p

I did have fun! After I took that stone I was actually going to be incredibly aggressive in my pursuit of it. I thought only Rummy or SuperGrunch could take it from me tbh.

You probably could've done with one more person as mafia. I should've had someone be recruitable. Without wanting to place blame (as I'm sure they have valid reasons), it was Diageo and Jimbob who I felt weren't taking part too much in the mafia. I assume Diageo was too involved in the Phoenix Wright Mafia. It's awkward being in two mafias at once. Jimbob is rather new at mafias too.

Tbf if they had found the stone it would have been different. I had it all game and no one took it, if I was planning this game I would expect it to be mentioned at some point after it was stolen, and assume the mafia would find it at some point based on pure chance. I used its power straight away to prevent that.

I told you I was good.

Your role didn't make too much sense tbh. A murderous villain just turns up looking to rid the town of scum? Sounded so made up lol :p

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!