NEurope
Jonnas

Ace Attorney: The Turnabout Mafia

Godammit, why is it always me :(

What did I tell ya, pal?! We're all dropping like flies!

Hm, seems to be a lack of Godot in the write-up this time. I wonder why...

What are you saying exactly Nintendohnut. Who is the useless player and why do you trusts him?

The useless player is the one who found out that Rummy was Evil. They are the one, I assume, who is accusing Rummy in the write-up. He/she is useless because he/she is apparently a dumb cop. And I trust them for the same reason - a dumb cop in the mafia? I don't want to assume anything but I doubt that.

Of course they may just have been forging results on purpose, but I doubt that, too.

I'm more worried about the fact that apparently we're losing townies at a rate of at least one, but more often two, in a night. If there's a neutral at work here, please lay off!

What you believe to be common mafia traits and behavioural patterns are in no way proof. Yes his alignment is unlikely to be nefarious but it's hardly incontestable.

I never said it was incontestable, just that I, based on my own judgement, trust jayseven because of his behaviour. No, common mafia traits and behavioural patterns are by no means proof, and you'll recall how often I've pointed this out myself, but fact remains that we often don't have much else to go on. Solid evidence is rare in mafia games, so often we have to rely on our instincts.

Sorry, but that's silly. Surely the mafia were in the PERFECT position to look innocent yesterday. They knew that Cube was innocent and, if anything, I would expect them to have defended him constantly in order to make themselves look better.

But going so far as to point out probably the best (if not only) argument there was for Cube's innocence? Entirely possible, I admit, but I don't find it likely. Again, I'm only making my own assessment of the situation, and if you find any logical contradictions in my reasoning, by all means point them out.

The useless player is the one who found out that Rummy was Evil. They are the one, I assume, who is accusing Rummy in the write-up. He/she is useless because he/she is apparently a dumb cop. And I trust them for the same reason - a dumb cop in the mafia? I don't want to assume anything but I doubt that.

Of course they may just have been forging results on purpose, but I doubt that, too.

I'm more worried about the fact that apparently we're losing townies at a rate of at least one, but more often two, in a night. If there's a neutral at work here, please lay off!

Wait, so you found out about a dumb cop's results last night?

And we've only lost one each night so far. Jayseven was silenced and voteblocked for talking about the game during the night phase.

I think Nintendohnut is inferring from the write up that someone discovered Rummy to be evil, while I would say that it was just a tool used by Jonnas to get Rummy out of the game.

Also, I was contesting the point that you (Dannyboy) said that jayseven was proven town. That makes it incontestable. You only later said, after I spoke up, that it was just your opinion.

No, I received information from someone last night that said that Rummy was evil. I am assuming that this is the same person as in the write-up (as it would make sense) but that isn't confirmed.

And thanks for pointing out Jayseven was just silenced! I is a fool. I could explain why I got confused but it's a long and boring story about my poor memory and my first impression of the write-up. :)

Also, I was contesting the point that you (Dannyboy) said that jayseven was proven town. That makes it incontestable. You only later said, after I spoke up, that it was just your opinion.

Ah, so I did. I apologise for my poor choice of words. What I meant was that in my eyes, he was as good at proven innocent. Though nothing is ever really actually proven in mafia games since everybody could technically be lying.

Hm, seems to be a lack of Godot in the write-up this time. I wonder why...

You could say we are... Waiting for Godot.

I targeted Sprout and got redirected to Rummy and was told he was Evil. Basically, my PM said I was on my way to investigate him when I got a text message from Mr. Gant (my boss) saying that I needed to investigate Rummy. So I obeyed him and found that Rummy was Evil.

I am a dumb cop. So I think that my results are the total opposite of each other. Therefore, if I am going by my theory, the first person I targeted is, in fact, Evil since they come up as Innocent. I'll just check who I targeted...

You could say we are... Waiting for Godot.

"Ah!"

I targeted Sprout and got redirected to Rummy and was told he was Evil. Basically, my PM said I was on my way to investigate him when I got a text message from Mr. Gant (my boss) saying that I needed to investigate Rummy. So I obeyed him and found that Rummy was Evil.

I am a dumb cop. So I think that my results are the total opposite of each other. Therefore, if I am going by my theory, the first person I targeted is, in fact, Evil since they come up as Innocent. I'll just check who I targeted...

Wait, if you got redirected after targeting me, did the same perhaps apply for everybody who targeted me? Including the one who incriminated Rummy?

If so, thank you Mr. Gant, sir!

@Nintendohnut needs to clear this up for us.

Also, Dazz, we need to find out whether you're dumb or paranoid - and in the latter case if there is some way to enhance your power like in the second Gents' Mafia.

If a paranoid cop is what I'm thinking (that no matter who you target, they'll all be the same result) then I am not that. I had an Innocent before and last night, I got an Evil result from Rummy who is Innocent, therefore I must be a dumb cop.

Okay, my mistake, I didn't get an Innocent. I targeted Tales who messed up my investigation so it's unknown whether I am paranoid or dumb. Carry on as normal, lmao.

Wait, that doesn't solve the problem. You'll get mafia either way. Just keep targeting everyone. If you get all mafias, then you're paranoid. If you get one innocent along the line, you're dumb. Unless Jonnas made it random.

Paranoid cops always get an evil result, naïve cops always get a good result, and dumb cops get the opposite result.

Targetting himself wouldn't solve anything, Diageo.

I can't believe I'm about to actually say this but I'm hoping I'm dumb...

So do I. A dumb cop is just as effective as a regular cop once he has realised it, whereas the other types of cop are completely useless - and thus sometimes have a way of enhancing their power. A crazy cop (one who gets random results) is just a plain mean role, and I neither hope nor think Jonnas would give us such a role, but after the Cube fiasco I don't feel particularly certain about what roles could be in this game.

Wait, that doesn't solve the problem. You'll get mafia either way. Just keep targeting everyone. If you get all mafias, then you're paranoid. If you get one innocent along the line, you're dumb. Unless Jonnas made it random.

Paranoid cops always get an evil result, naïve cops always get a good result, and dumb cops get the opposite result.

Targetting himself wouldn't solve anything, Diageo.

Gee thanks, how did I ever make it without you.

I was roleblocked. Twice.

Tied up and then handcuffed. What the hell guys!?!? I have investigative powers, leave me alone!

What happened with Cube was a big mistake but it shows that this game is going to be tricky. If people who are good falsify evidence, how bad are the tactics of the mafia going to be?

Not really sure who to suspect. I think it is hard to learn anything from who voted for Cube at this early stage of the game.

Hmm, last night was rubbish, couldn't use my power, which of course sucks giant hairy sweaty balls. It's still very early in the game, so I think lack of information shouldn't be a worry just yet. Where dem info gathers at? Brilliant write ups aswell Jonnas, even though it's normal for your write ups to be incredibly immense. :p

Well since there's no other info being thrown about, I guess I should share mine - ReZ is evil.

Vote: ReZ