NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wesley

One night stands

I was just thinking about one night stands and basically I was just wondering who here thinks what.

It's all down to personal opinion. I don't really have one on the matter, but I do applaud you for sticking close to what you believe in. This individuality is what makes us ourselves, separates good from bad, and makes everyone as themselves so interesting.

Just go with the flow, your own flow at the precise instant something is happening. Don't let anyone but you drag you along. Things will be okay then.

i wouldnt do it, but in my next life i would...

no am i kinda guy, who wants to get a girlfriend, get married screw (before or after marriage, what ever floats her boat) and die

I've been going out with my girlfriend for over a year and a half, and we had sex after 6 months. Now, after we'd been going out for 2 months, i suggested that maybe it would be a good idea if we didnt have sex until we passed the 6 month marker. She loved this idea, because it meant that if we were still together after 6 months, it would be a long-term thing and serious.

I've only ever had sex with her, and of that i'm glad. She told me once that sex is like giving your body to someone else, and it's meant to be the most sacred thing you could ever give anyone. It's a sign of intimacy. That's why i think sex is special. One night stands really don't 'appeal' to me at all.

Im 22 and a virgin, i dont agree with one night stands at all, and that sex is something special and should only be for people that are in love.

If I had sex with someone [whom I thought I'd have sex with again but never saw again] would be a one night stand. I'd be down with it.

I'm a virgin, but I think this whole "the first time must be magical thing" isn't for me. If you're not in love with anyone, I don't think it's wrong to have sex with someone just for pleasure, as long as you're not cheating on anyone. Sex and love together rules, but if you can't have both there's nothing wrong in feeling good and blowing some steam. Like 3rd children said, it's a very personal thing, just be sure to respect what others think and you'll be OK.

Now, assuming 2 healthy people are having protected, responsible sex, it can enhance physical and mental well-being, regardless if they are in love or if its a one night stand. And theres nothing wrong with that.

But in an imperfect and overpopulated world, people need to have responsible sex with a healthy partner and its hard to know what your getting in a one-night stand, no matter how hot the girl is.

I'm like you, I wouldn't do one night stands, I probably wouldn't even has sex before marraige. I dunno, some of my friends say that I'm like a granpa and thats what they call me, with love of course. :heh:

If I was drunk I probably would. Sex isn't as sacred as you think.

If you make losing your viginity as "special" as possible, then when you break up with that person it'll make it that much harder. And if you turn around and say, "But it's gonna last forever" then you're very optimistic. These things generally never last forvever.

I'm a virgin too and I think having sex should have something to do with real and deep love so one night stands are certainly not something for me.

My general attitude in life is that I only do what feels right to me and in terms of opinions there is very rarely a clear line between right and wrong, different people have different opinions towards certain things.

I don't think I'd want to have a one night stand. It's, like, one level above having sex with a prostitute!

I had sex with my last girlfriend 6 days after going out. The relationship lasted all of 2 weeks. Don't rush into it, people... :/

I am not a virgin as I have participated in the making of the love. Although, I don't like to call it that as it makes me feel creepy.

I didn't have sex until my wedding night and that has worked well. I think one night stands are wrong. In this day and age I know that marriage doesn't appeal to people, but I think that everyone would be better off if they waited until they were in a committed relationship. Having said that, when I was a young teenager (13-16) I don't know if I would've had the hormone-resisting power to say no if it was offerred on a plate. (Thank goodness I was spotty and unattractive.)

I'm 19 and also a virgin. Being a Christian I am naturally trying to save myself for the 1st time to be either after marrige or when I'm deeply in love. (Not that you cant have both, I meant if I didn't want to get married but was massively in love and in a long term relationship... Crap married people will hate me now) I have never really been put under pressure to have sex, I'm quite quiet and at school I didn't hang out with the social elite (which included all the slutty girls). At my uni the girls seem to be more mature (Johleain from this board came here so that tells you their class!) and bar a few losers won't hop into bed with the first man going. So all I need to do now is find a nice girl to go out with, hopefully that won't take to much longer... :grin:

If I was drunk I probably would. Sex isn't as sacred as you think.

Very very true.

I haven't done a one night stand, but if I did I can imagine me have regrets afterwards. Whether it's right or not is personal opinion - some people go for it, others need more.

I'm 19 and also a virgin. Being a Christian I am naturally trying to save myself for the 1st time to be either after marrige or when I'm deeply in love. (Not that you cant have both, I meant if I didn't want to get married but was massively in love and in a long term relationship... Crap married people will hate me now) I have never really been put under pressure to have sex, I'm quite quiet and at school I didn't hang out with the social elite (which included all the slutty girls). At my uni the girls seem to be more mature (Johleain from this board came here so that tells you their class!) and bar a few losers won't hop into bed with the first man going. So all I need to do now is find a nice girl to go out with, hopefully that won't take to much longer... :grin:

trust me on this, i just finished my first semester of first year of uni, before uni, i was a desperate and horny fuck.

now patience is certainly a virtue. there are so many hot but smart and mature girls is bizarre. just be patient, and she will come to u. only problem wwas my first modules were typically manfests with the programming and other stuff etc etc

Don't agree with one night stands either, one of the only guys in my group to actually think so, and as a result the girls view me differently....which isn't good i'm not like their gay friends as i'm not the kind to just sit about and bitch and listen to their boy problems but i'm just 'different' they say....it's not good at all i'm the 'friend', damn them to hell and back i mean there are some hot girls in my group well one anyway but she considers me a 'friend', damnit. But my downfall is i'm too lazy to go out actively making the effort to look for girls my mates do it easily it's just not as easy for me, i'll just wait for that one to come along, if not i'll just get an arranged marriage or something damnit. Plus i think i'd be get too emotionally attached to have one night stands i dunno i think probably would...

I never used to believe in one nighters , BUT , after staying faithful and loyal to a couple of my ex's (who in turn ended up cheating on me) , I changed my whole viewpoint on things.

I now reckon , that as long as both parties are aware that there is no long term commitment involved , then why not. Random sex with strangers can be a very exciting thing , although being aware of the risks involved is paramount.

I have got involved with so-called one nighters who turned out to be bunny-boilers but my early relationship experiences have left me too cynical to fully value and commit to anything long-term - and everyone has needs.

Personally, i don't have much of a set opinion on this, (being a virgin an all) i just see some of my mates acting like sluts to get men and i think its all a bit sad really. Its all about being cool and attractive to the opposite sex.

If people feel they need to have sex with a stranger they should use protection. But really it should be done when your in a loving relationship.

I really have no problem with one night stands. Well maybe I do, because I had one a couple of years back. I don't think I'll ever be lucky enough to have one again though and I really don't want one again either.

The girl fell in love with me and wanted us to have a relationship. I don't know how many times I had to say no to that girl, it got really annoying. After a month or so she finally gave up. I did feel a little bit sorry for her, but hey...she should have know better.

So I now prefer the old-fashioned way of dating and getting to know each other first over one nights stands. But if someone wants to try, don't say I didn't warned you! :)

I have had a few one night stands, I dont see nothing wrong with it these days. It's not too bad if you ask me as long as you wear a condom. As someone has said random one nighters can be very exciting indeed and the best thing is there it's all no strings attached. (well hopefully if you both agree it's just sex and nothing more after)

Of course i prefer sex with a girlfriend as there are a lot more feelings flying around and plus you can suggest trying new things :)

My girlfriend split up with me in August and since then ive been a bit bad but the girls ive been with ive known for a while....kinda like shag buddies i guess. I dont mind that, if you both want sex and dont want the hassle of a relationship and trust each other as the friends you have been for years then why not help each other out with an orgasm or two eh ?

Well i can't say i'm hugely experienced in this field -- but the only 'one night stand' i ever had is now knocking on 6 months - This thursday :P

I think that so long as it isn't malicious in any way by either party and that both understand what they are doing, it can be fine -- but personally I believe that it's a smaller minded person who pursues short-term goals. It takes a bigger person to actually think about the consequences of any actions and to forgo such things.

I have had a few one night stands, I dont see nothing wrong with it these days. It's not too bad if you ask me as long as you wear a condom. As someone has said random one nighters can be very exciting indeed and the best thing is there it's all no strings attached. (well hopefully if you both agree it's just sex and nothing more after)

Of course i prefer sex with a girlfriend as there are a lot more feelings flying around and plus you can suggest trying new things :)

My girlfriend split up with me in August and since then ive been a bit bad but the girls ive been with ive known for a while....kinda like shag buddies i guess. I dont mind that, if you both want sex and dont want the hassle of a relationship and trust each other as the friends you have been for years then why not help each other out with an orgasm or two eh ?

You took the words out of my mouth.

I got heart broke quite a couple times, so I'm not gonna commit myself again unless it's for real. BUT, if it's fun and polite, I'm all in for a shag buddy.

Right now i probably owould, but in the current 14 year old way, of simply going with someone.... (snogging for anyone that doesn't know, it's what people here say, dunno if other people say it(don't be offended im not trying to make you all seem stupid(this is a long brackets)))

Simply because i haven't had a girlfriend in nearly a year, i think 9 months actually... i have had my heart broken before though, by my first girlfriend who cheated on me so i wouldn't want to do a one night stand properly, the girl might have a boyfriend but ws too drunk to care and wouldn't want to do that to the guy because i know how it feels. Also, if you are drunk, you mgiht not use tthe right protection and ojne night stands are the biggest ( i think) cause of STD's.

Sign in to follow this