N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 20: The Ascent into History

Haden

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Dan, I'm playing Rising Phoenix both games this week for teh Tea Cup final!

As an apology, have a rough explanation of a player and their numbered values...

A player has a skill rating and a form rating aand a development value.

Development value is earned generally by playing matches. Younger players get more dev value per match than older players (think of it as exp).

At the end of a season, if a 19 year old with 4-skill has enough exp, they will 'level up' with their skill. Now, there's some uber-complicated fomula that x11 uses, but essentially you want to have 15 dev value for your players to ensure they will go up one skill (requiring 10 dev value, roughly) but with a chance for a double-jump.

So a 19-4 (19 years old with skill of 4) will turn into a 20-5, if they've accrued the development, which they get from playing matches. As I said, younger players may get, for example, 4 development for one match, while an older one may get 1 or 2. That sort of thing.

Form value... generally speaking I don't know much about this :P if it's low then I pay for the player to be trained - the higher it is, the better the player will perform in a match/closer to their actual skill they will perform.

It's easy to flood new players with too much info on this, but yeah, any player you see of any age started as a youth (i.e. a teenager) with only a low amount of skill. Managing your squad to include enough older and stronger players to beat opponents whilst at the same time including enough youth for them to get better is the crux of the whole game. Something which fucks me over :P

Sorry Dan, I'm playing Rising Phoenix both games this week for teh Tea Cup final!

As an apology, have a rough explanation of a player and their numbered values...

A player has a skill rating and a form rating aand a development value.

Development value is earned generally by playing matches. Younger players get more dev value per match than older players (think of it as exp).

At the end of a season, if a 19 year old with 4-skill has enough exp, they will 'level up' with their skill. Now, there's some uber-complicated fomula that x11 uses, but essentially you want to have 15 dev value for your players to ensure they will go up one skill (requiring 10 dev value, roughly) but with a chance for a double-jump.

So a 19-4 (19 years old with skill of 4) will turn into a 20-5, if they've accrued the development, which they get from playing matches. As I said, younger players may get, for example, 4 development for one match, while an older one may get 1 or 2. That sort of thing.

Form value... generally speaking I don't know much about this :P if it's low then I pay for the player to be trained - the higher it is, the better the player will perform in a match/closer to their actual skill they will perform.

It's easy to flood new players with too much info on this, but yeah, any player you see of any age started as a youth (i.e. a teenager) with only a low amount of skill. Managing your squad to include enough older and stronger players to beat opponents whilst at the same time including enough youth for them to get better is the crux of the whole game. Something which fucks me over :P

Lovely stuff cheers. Seems quite a long term kind of thing then.

Couple last questions to throw out to anyone: How long's each season? Does everyone play everyone twice? How many games per week? (Someone said two I think?) And what's this report I've been hearing so much about? Is it just a development at the end of the season type thing?

It's two games a week - tuesdays and fridays at midday (1pm Eurozone). Season lasts roughly 10 weeks, which sounds like a lot of time but it's all trivial stuff -- you can set your game tactics for the last game of the season on the first day of the season and sit back and let it ride -- of course, part of the trick is to adjust your tactics depending on who you play -- the basics are choosing your formation and choosing the squad, then the tactics at your disposal -- try to play the offside rule? Play with pressure (but be weaker at the end of halves) ... or even cheat?

I typically spent about 30 minutes a week, total, on my team :P setting tactics takes a minute. It's all this basking in victory that takes up most of my time.

changereport2.png

Meh.. it's not as good as last season, and it's not as good as I was hoping for. I'm sure the DVs deserved better.

Bayern, I've got a friendly for Tuesday, but I can accept it for Friday if that's ok with you? Let me know. :p

Edited by Aqui1a

What? That's now two seasons in a row where Émile Maupas has had high DV (he's played in all matches) and a high average form (about 13-14) and has lost skill.

And a similar thing has happened to Paddy Gould - do some older players just lose skill no matter what?

Still, an overall of +8, after sacking a keeper I haven't done anything with all season.

57889063.png

Happy with my defence. Everyone raised by 1 except for one whom I bought mid-season - oh and one no change. Both keepers went up by 1.

Midfield not so great. All + except my 34-7 (which is to be expected) but only 2 visible changes. The lowest DV for any of my midfielders was 12.

Forwards no visible changes. I knew Cal Dewell wouldn't raise and Monty Collett was injured for half the season so only got to 8... but Bryan Tynan and Vincent Piearce had 13 and 12 DVs and didn't jump one :( bit disappointing but they've still gone up. Maybe at the end of this season they will double jump :laughing:

I'm looking to buy two young 8-skilled players for Midfield and Forward. I'll probably sell Monty Collett to get some money. I should get at least 1 million for him. Once I have them I should be alright for the season.

My defence is looking fantastic for next season. Rather worried about my midfield though as Zanetti didn't go up to a 7 as I was expecting. I think I might sell Lafferty to raise funds for a 21 or 22 7.

Actually not Lafferty because he's a training cone. Looks like Junge's tenure at Bayern Bru will be a short one!

Got a +11 skill increase, with a skill deduction of 3 for some dross players that I've been using to make up the numbers. My skill changes total is +9.

I'm annoyed that four players who I've used in pretty much every game of the season (bar one because one of them was sent off) didn't go up a skill level. It's got a + next to the +/- bit for each of them, but no skill increase. Bah.

Transfer market time...soon.

I still need to learn how to do the whole dev thing. Fairly gutted (as always) at no double jumps and barely any visibles -- my team tends to play one or two bars above their skill week-in week-out they just care not to put it down on paper and make it official.

BLEH.

Got a +11 skill increase, with a skill deduction of 3 for some dross players that I've been using to make up the numbers. My skill changes total is +9.

I'm annoyed that four players who I've used in pretty much every game of the season (bar one because one of them was sent off) didn't go up a skill level. It's got a + next to the +/- bit for each of them, but no skill increase. Bah.

Transfer market time...soon.

If they got a positive their skill still went up, just not visibly.

Someone who has 4 skill bars can be from anywhere from 3.5-4.5 in skill. So a 4 skill player could've gone form 3.5-4.4 and you wouldn't see a visible increase. On the other hand someone could go from a 4.4-4.5 and go up a visible level although only increased very slightly.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!