Monster Hunter 4!!!!

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Bloody hell, what an opening!

I'm not sure what the chances are for this to come out on the Wii U, even if I hope for that of course. I mean MH3U had a console version (Wii) on which to build, this does not, so it might not happen at all...

Also, wth is that weapon? A spring-action jumping spear?

Edited by Ville

I still think it would be a great shame if they didn't make a home console version at some point, but if it's 3DS only then it had better have voice chat even if you have to buy a headset just for the console, though I don't see any reason why any headset wouldn't work if they added support... I know the 3DS has a mic built in but it's not the same as it would be annoying as fuck having to hear voices coming through the 3DS' units already sub-par speakers. :p

Im seriouly thinking if there is no voice chat then im not getting it.

How shitty would it be not being able to hear anyones cry for help? I had a blast with MH3U and made some really decent mates that would have only happened due to voice chat.

I have gotten to know other folk off of here using voice chat.

In conclusion voice chat is required.

Im seriouly thinking if there is no voice chat then im not getting it.

How shitty would it be not being able to hear anyones cry for help? I had a blast with MH3U and made some really decent mates that would have only happened due to voice chat.

I have gotten to know other folk off of here using voice chat.

In conclusion voice chat is required.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit man, let's start with the "I hope there's gonna be an online mode in the first place"...Although, Capcom went out of their way to please the Western crowds with MH3U, so I hope that continues!

Anyway, I agree with the voice chat too, it was cool and functioned pretty well. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

38/40 from Famitsu

Monster Hunter 4 (3DS) – 10/10/9/9

Monster Hunter 4 is set to be one of the biggest launches in Japan this year. Famitsu handed out a first score in its latest issue for the much-anticipated game, delivering a total of 38/40.

As far as the actual review is concerned, below are a few tidbits from the editors:

- Whilst being relocated, it’s a dramatically deeper hunting experience

- The length of gameplay has tremendously increased thanks to online play and StreetPass

- The addition of jump attacks and riding monsters makes for a much more enjoyable stereoscopic hunting experience

- It takes more time to master a particular weapon

- Although the in-game mannerisms seem to be drifting, completion with communication tools is high

http://nintendoeverything.com/details-from-famitsus-monster-hunter-4-review/

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!