Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Monster Hunter 4!!!!

Hero-of-Time

Well I guess this explains why they haven't announced a localisation yet...

Be5IrM6CEAEcK6D.png

That was bloody fast! The game hasn't even been out for more than 3 months in Japan! :o

Teaser trailer

They had better port this to the Wii U. I would rather play this on the big screen. :(

Does the 3DS version have voice chat for online play?

Surely this now means that in Europe we will simply get MH4G/U on 3DS and Wii U respectively when it eventually arrives? There's surely no point in porting across the original version which will now look like it's light on content in comparison to the new Japanese version which they will still probably get before we even get a chance to play MH4 in any form! ::shrug:

#MonstarHuntarFoarGeeUltimataVersionoAtEeeFreeForEuropeanWeleaseBeeleaaafPleashUndershtand! :heh:

Not that I'm bitter of course... ;)

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's different/new?

Usually with the G versions it's the same beasties but harder and with a different colour scheme. They usually throw in a new monster or two as well, which may be what is hinted at during the final section of the trailer. The rest of the trailer just looks to be footage from the vanilla version.

I hope we get a Wii U version as well. Really liked playing locally with one person on the TV and the rest of us on our 3DS'!

If it does happen, it wouldn't be announced yet anyway. They seem to like doing HD versions a while after the handheld version has already launched (that's what they did with Portable 3rd HD and MH3U Wii U)

This is actually 'perfect' in a sense... there's still a good 4 months + left until E3 which means in that time there will be plenty of feedback from everyone in Europe/America about this, being that the game is slated for 2015 over here there is already a good chance that Capcom are already secretly working on the Wii U port/ground up built version but even if they aren't, once they see the demand for it then they would be mad not to have already gone ahead with it at that point. :D

Obviously Wii U sales between now and then will no doubt contribute towards the likelihood but if Nintendo wanted to make a smart move along with hopefully their 'resurgence' which I reckon will take place very soon after the Nintendo Direct on 30/01/14 regarding marketing, re-branding etc and just well... getting the other games out there! :p

So I am almost certain that we will get an announcement of a Wii U version at E3 2014 - as a side-note I have just realised that I have time off work for E3 :) - and that is going to be a very interesting year indeed for Wii U/3DS owners/Monster Hunters alike! :hehe:

Either that or I'll have to force myself to buy COD on the Wii U so I can talk to @Hero\-of\-Time & co while hunched over the 3DS version... ;)

You can get Black Ops 2 for a tenner now. Probably be a quid once this shows up. :D

Haha! I'll make a note of that... just in case. :p

Either way I still can't wait for MH4U, but then that's half the problem... the wait :( even though it will be worth it.

To be fair, the wait will only be a few months...6 at the tops.

My issue is that this is G, which for all and intents and purposes is GOTY edition. They could easily have the vanilla version stuff translated and then add the new stuff when Japan gets G. If anything we should be getting this the same time as Japan.

WOHOO, pretty glad we are getting just Ultimate, when I heard about 4G earlier was worried we'd get MH4 with 4G down the line, least we are going right to the "Ultimate" version.

Shame about no WiiU version though, but I'm gonna hold out for a surprise announcement in a Direct or E3 like we had with 3 Ultimate :heh:

Hell if Nintendo really want to try salavage something from the WiiU they should drop the 3DS version in the west and release it only on Wii U :P

WOHOO, pretty glad we are getting just Ultimate, when I heard about 4G earlier was worried we'd get MH4 with 4G down the line, least we are going right to the "Ultimate" version.

Shame about no WiiU version though, but I'm gonna hold out for a surprise announcement in a Direct or E3 like we had with 3 Ultimate :heh:

Hell if Nintendo really want to try salavage something from the WiiU they should drop the 3DS version in the west and release it only on Wii U :P

Or Nintendo could just pay for the Wii U version themselves.

Well that was an unexpectedly fast announcement! More of that kind of treatment please Capcom! :D

Surprised that they're sticking with the "Ultimate" branding though, considering that we didn't get the original version of MH4 (This happened with the first PS2 game, where we got an enhanced version in the west that was later re-released as Monster Hunter G; which is how the whole expansion thing got started in the first place)

Anywho. Here's hoping that this new version supports voice chat this time around (and here's hoping that we also get a Wii U version eventually too!)

Or Nintendo could just pay for the Wii U version themselves.

That's what I meant by my last line, pay Capcom to make a WiiU version.... sure aren't they paying for the 3DS version? Thought they had paid for some sort of exclusivity deal for the main series MH games for a few years? or are Nintendo just being very lucky?

That's what I meant by my last line, pay Capcom to make a WiiU version.... sure aren't they paying for the 3DS version? Thought they had paid for some sort of exclusivity deal for the main series MH games for a few years? or are Nintendo just being very lucky?

I don't think ninty is paying for MH on 3DS. That was a rumour started by disgruntled vita owners.

I wouldn't be surprised if ninty paid the costs for the Wii U version though.

There is and was no need for capcom to bring MH to Wii U unless Nintendo pay for it all.

• 2 weeks later...

HERE'S an article by Nintendolife on why they think the franchise could take off in the west.

I don't think it will ever be mainstream due to the commitment it takes to get into the game, but it's nice to dream. Personally, I like that it's got it's own niche in the west. The big hitters like CoD can keep those screaming kids, I don't want them invading the MH world. :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!