NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Mario Tennis Open

So is that all of the Yoshi colours / QR characters now?

I've unlocked Pink and Yellow Yoshi as Star characters, and beaten them as Ace opponents too. :cool:

I guess it's gonna be occasional online play only from here onwards then.

So is that all of the Yoshi colours / QR characters now?

I've unlocked Pink and Yellow Yoshi as Star characters, and beaten them as Ace opponents too. :cool:

I guess it's gonna be occasional online play only from here onwards then.

That's of course assuming that Nintendo aren't still hiding a trick up their sleeve. We haven't had any QR unlockable courts yet...

My boyfriend, being the kind soul that he is, bought me a new copy! I'd love to play against some of you guys this week, if that's doable?

My boyfriend, being the kind soul that he is, bought me a new copy! I'd love to play against some of you guys this week, if that's doable?

I'm up for it, not tomorrow though (Sunday 8th), I'll be out from morning till night.

After the initial colossal disappointment I think it's a pretty good game. Online is addictive and local multiplayer is awesome. It just could have been so so so so so so so much more. Quote easily too!

I tried this for the very first time (I think) at a store when I was out shopping yesterday. On first impressions, it seems fine. Graphics are quite nice, controls seemed fine, 3D effect was nice in the right places.

I'll need a bit more of an extended play to fully see what it's like, but it seems ok.

It plays okays. It's just the fact there's not much to it and disastrous online options. Oh, and did any one mention the annoying chance shots?!

So, I tried it again. Quite enjoyed it! I didn't find the "chance" shots cheap at all. Am seriously considering investing in it at some point.

Invest now. £20 at shopto and it'll never go cheaper than that. Then I can batter you online ;)

Invest now. £20 at shopto and it'll never go cheaper than that. Then I can batter you online ;)

Hmm, I really don't know, dude. I've spent a lot of money recently and have a disgustingly large backlog of games to go through.

May behave myself with this one, work through the Wii games, then get this and Resident Evil: Revelations in a few months time.

NoE posted a video with all the Yoshi QR codes in in case anyone missed them, don't think it's on Youtube so here's the Direct Link to the page.

So, I tried it again. Quite enjoyed it! I didn't find the "chance" shots cheap at all. Am seriously considering investing in it at some point.

DOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIITTTTT. It's the perfect balance between MT64 and MPT!

Pure quality :D

Am seriously considering investing in it at some point.

With a dip in my 3DS play time recently, I've become interested in getting this too to keep me going :santa: If I had a ShopTo account, I probably would have taken their bait by now but, for whatever reason, it won't let me register ::shrug:

EDIT It actually will let me register now even though it has never worked at any point in the last couple of years when I tried to before :eek: With that in mind, Mario Tennis Open has become very tempting :eek:

Edited by nekunando

Just do it! :) Online is very very crushingly disappointing but still like smack with what it does offer.

As those of you with Letter Box may be aware, I found myself ordering this :heh: It arrived this morning and first impressions have actually been very positive. The feel of the game is pretty good and moves along at a good pace :smile:

Also, my pre-purchase doubts about the inclusion of 'Chance Shots' may not have been completely eradicated at this early stage but I haven't found them anywhere near as intrusive or annoying as I expected them to be and it's good to see that they're not always the best shot available which will no doubt provide some additional mind games when playing online and against friends!

I'm looking forward to further figuring out and developing my own game style and strategies as well as kitting out my Mii with the most stylish gear to take online for battle with some of you :yay:

The more you play the less important chance shots become too. You get over them eventually.

Price drop! £19.85 at ShopTo.Net

Excellent, thanks for the heads-up, mate. Nice price, I like. Just ordered the game. McEnroe, beware!

So I've played Mario Tennis Open for a few hours now and I'm really having fun. Not that I expected something bad, but I'm quite surprised how good the game actually is - it's well worth the money. I probably need a little more practise before I'm ready to challenge anyone here though. :)

Bought this off @daftada last week, really enjoying it so far. Looking forward to playing it online once I've got all the equipment unlocked.

I'm actually really annoyed with myself that I didn't buy it sooner.

I'll be up for games. I posted a few times in the online thread but no one ever replied. The game is a missed opportunity on a lot of levels, but the multiplayer is very good, online is gimped but still stupidly addictive.

I'll be up for games. I posted a few times in the online thread but no one ever replied. The game is a missed opportunity on a lot of levels, but the multiplayer is very good, online is gimped but still stupidly addictive.

Maybe when I've played it a bit more, I'll organise an N-E tournament

Might be too late to get some people involved though.

The online games are so short a tournament would barely work.

Best of 3 online games for each match?