Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

I think the stickys should be changed in general chit chat so that "feedback" and "IRC chat" should either be moved to a seperate sticky section at the bottom of the front page of the board or they should just be moved to this board instead because they don't really make sense as stickys whereas the "What kind of gamer are you?" topic is perfect for a sticky! (Yes I used the word sticky way too many times! :p)

Because those 2 stickys are hardly ever posted in (they were last posted in over a month ago) people overlook the sticky section. I'm sure if the "What kind of gamer are you?" thread was non-sticky there would be way more posts in it.

• 2 weeks later...

I half see your point J7, but it also sounds a bit OCD to me :p

I would really like it if you could add the smilies button to the quick reply box buttons! Whilst lots of forums on internets tend to use the same smilies, it's annoying because they all use different codes, so a little popup at the click of a button without having to go advanced would be pretty handy imo.

I half see your point J7, but it also sounds a bit OCD to me :p

I would really like it if you could add the smilies button to the quick reply box buttons! Whilst lots of forums on internets tend to use the same smilies, it's annoying because they all use different codes, so a little popup at the click of a button without having to go advanced would be pretty handy imo.

:yay: Great idea!

Perhaps something that lest you set in your profile a url that comes up in the dialogue when you press the post a picture button. So you could set the url to your directory on an image hosting site and then when you want to post a picture, all you need to do is type in the images name (once you've uploaded it).

I think the stickys should be changed in general chit chat so that "feedback" and "IRC chat" should either be moved to a seperate sticky section at the bottom of the front page of the board or they should just be moved to this board instead because they don't really make sense as stickys whereas the "What kind of gamer are you?" topic is perfect for a sticky! (Yes I used the word sticky way too many times! :p)

Because those 2 stickys are hardly ever posted in (they were last posted in over a month ago) people overlook the sticky section. I'm sure if the "What kind of gamer are you?" thread was non-sticky there would be way more posts in it.

................:p

Say, that's a swell idea Daft! :D

Feedback needs to be moved, it was only intended for short term responses. Maybe it should be moved to this board.

lol, sorry for the self quoting but I just think the stickies could be a bit more useful. IRC chat thread would also be better on this board me thinks. :heh:

• 2 weeks later...
I don't see what the forum staff have against the idea of a game board, surely it would generate productive and fun ideas and would be a more ideal home for the mafia games?
Amongst many other games, and im sure many members would jusp at it.

If you dont have enough moderators, im sure many people would volenteer.

I don't see what the forum staff have against the idea of a game board, surely it would generate productive and fun ideas and would be a more ideal home for the mafia games?

But the general chit chat board is a busy place. Which is part of the reason why these games are so popular. If they are somewhere else in a much less busy board then people won't talk as much.

However a new board may generate some other games but IMO they will just be crappy little games. A big advantage is that there will be less people who sign up but don't participate. But I think there are other ways of dealing with that. ;)

I agree, I think that we should start having a seperate board. Maybe then we could have RPG take off and also things like BISH could go there (and maybe Jayseven wouldn't have to organise it by himself!) and more stuff that I'm sure that we will get going.

For the moment can we have a thread that at least shows a list of the order of the mafia games? I'm getting totally confused. Also maybe a sticky about the the rules beacuse there are still a lot of people who are interested but having got a sodding clue how it works. There have been some threads which were kind of an FAQ but they have disappeared off the frront page.

The problem I see with having a game-board is that it will just inspire a crapload of rubbish spam-fest forum games like king of the hill and count to a thousand.. I mean how many decent forum games are there? Mafia, BISH and the n-e Quiz are all I can think of that've been on this forum :/

Anyway, I have my own request - that the "rate my signature" and "rate my avatar" threads be merged. I'm sure there'd be an uproar if they were deleted like they should be (they're shit threads and utterly rubbish and useless and lame and dire and shit), so merging them would at least de-clutter the very dead forum.

Quote the last person and manipulate what they said into something rude thread.

Epic win. Also, just make it no post count-worthy and make sure people only post good games. "Count to 1000" is the most fucking bull shit, annoying and irritating shit Id ever heard of in my laugh. First time I saw it I left the forum it was on.

Guest Stefkov
The problem I see with having a game-board is that it will just inspire a crapload of rubbish spam-fest forum games like king of the hill and count to a thousand.. I mean how many decent forum games are there? Mafia, BISH and the n-e Quiz are all I can think of that've been on this forum :/

Anyway, I have my own request - that the "rate my signature" and "rate my avatar" threads be merged. I'm sure there'd be an uproar if they were deleted like they should be (they're shit threads and utterly rubbish and useless and lame and dire and shit), so merging them would at least de-clutter the very dead forum.

First point I agree with but is there not a way to make it so posts in the thread don't count towards overall post count or whatever. Or some other thing to stop it. What's King of the hill?

The second point I don't see the point in closing them, it's just so someone can show off their 1337 skillz with photoshop. Can't take that away from people who can't spell 'border' right.

But the 'rate the above...' threads could be merged to keep those folks happy. And besides, people just repeatedly post in those threads despite having not changed their avatars/signatures, and it's just silly, silly ego-boosting. People see your signature elsewhere. It's a shame the creative forum has to be associated with such drivel, instead of being associated with creativity.

King of the Hill is where you say "i'm on the hill and i have twelve cannons pointing in all directions" then the next person goes "me and superman throw melons at you and you die. Now I'm king of the hill." then the next person says "you forgot to turn off your oven and you leave, now i'm king of the hill"... and so on. It's a nice banter idea over a couple of pints of something, but in a forum it's just lame and pointless and a waste of time.

Guest Stefkov
King of the Hill is where you say "i'm on the hill and i have twelve cannons pointing in all directions" then the next person goes "me and superman throw melons at you and you die. Now I'm king of the hill." then the next person says "you forgot to turn off your oven and you leave, now i'm king of the hill"... and so on. It's a nice banter idea over a couple of pints of something, but in a forum it's just lame and pointless and a waste of time.

o____O

I suppose you're right on the thread thing. It's just there and living really, it's not doing that harm though is it? It wasn't as bad as the MPT.

I'll put that forward to the rest...you can tell Shorty yourself :p

Quote the last person and manipulate what they said into something rude thread.

Epic win. Also, just make it no post count-worthy and make sure people only post good games. "Count to 1000" is the most fucking bull shit, annoying and irritating shit Id ever heard of in my laugh. First time I saw it I left the forum it was on.

1. No. Because people will just change words to 'cock' or 'gay' or the c-word and it just would be childish.

2. Stipulating what are good games and what aren't would just result in people moaning at us "but my game is good unlike x" and well...no thanks.

I think the queue for the mafia games needs to be capped. The current system seems to be one starting halfway through the other. Which is working quite well. But I think the queue is growing too large. I think you need to set a maximum number (5 for example) and say that no more should be allowed until one has finished.