N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

As folk keep mentioning avatar size (Im not personally complaining)

But a possible solution could be donation scheme?

Ala HCRelams, heres what they offer for the various levels of donation ;

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/payments.php

No.

1) Elitism

2) (stemming from that) Donated people will feel they are justified in deciding what goes on

3) We don't need money (it'd be nice, don't get me wrong) but we're staying afloat so why take money off you?

You talk of trying not to promote elitism, yet the N-europe admins, mods and writers are allowed much bigger avatars then regular posters...

Thats not true.

1) Its only the admins :p

2) Only shorty uses it and I think we all agree it looks good

3) Its only fractionally

4) We talk about promoting unjustified elitism :p

You talk of trying not to promote elitism, yet the N-europe admins, mods and writers are allowed much bigger avatars then regular posters...

Dude, you bring this up every week.

Let it go. We take our time to make this place such an experience for you guys, I think it's only natural we are allowed a special priveledge or too.

You honour us with 50 whole kilobytes, combined.

I don't mind the mods or admins having bigger ones(It's not fair but I don't care)

I don't care either, hence why I don't even have an avatar... more the principal than anything.

1) Elitism

2) (stemming from that) Donated people will feel they are justified in deciding what goes on

3) We don't need money (it'd be nice, don't get me wrong) but we're staying afloat so why take money off you?

A) Fair enough.

B) Just saying, if its noted that donating people have no better opinion than not and still need to abide to rules etc,

C) But yeah if you dont need the money, kinda redundant heh heh.

:smile:

Mate, I've brought it up once before, a few months back.

"we"? I thought you were a regular poster, not a mod.

Being a former admin (and newsie?) he knows what he talking about and pretty much speaks for the rest of the staff. Besides Flink is still allowed in the staff boards is he not?

I still have access to the staff boards and am still part of the news team. Currently MIA I guess. Or is that AWOL? I dunno. Currently am role-less. But I do still have access to all boards.

Bonus!

No.

1) Elitism

Now you mention that...

I was browsing vc-forums yesterday and asked the admin in chief if I could have my own custom title. He said that the people with custom titles had help pay for the switch to vbulletin. Then, he said, if I wanted my own custom title, I'd have to pay 5 quid! I may be obbsessed, but I'm not mad.